Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? (3598 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks In Cameroon-Nigeria Border / Boko Haram Seizes Town On Cameroon-Nigeria Border / Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Greatpeter(m): 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2005
The world court ruled and seeded "Bakassi Pennisula" to Cameroun, some Nigerians still believe that it belongs to Nigeria and not Cameroun.

You all know the story, but who Is the bonafide owner of the oil-rich Bakassi? Tell us the story.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by kazey(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2005
My grandfather. grin . The story? it has been in my families possession for 50 generations tongue
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by shockreaction(m): 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2005
Wait, what? I thought Bakassi was my backyard...
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by hotangel2(f): 2:24am On Jul 06, 2005
Shockreaction, your reactions shock me. You don't even have a Bakassi! Uhmm wait, not in that sense, you know you are not a girl.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by angelak(f): 11:00am On Jul 06, 2005
Bakassi belongs to Cross River state . Cross river state is in Nigeria so therefore Bakassi belongs to Nigeria. grin

However is was given to cameroon because of the dirty politics that surrounds the Nigerian environment. Dont ask me for details lipsrsealed
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Greatpeter(m): 11:08am On Jul 06, 2005
haba! Angela we are here to educate one another and to gain from each other.
So let's share our knowledge right! so go on.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by kazey(m): 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2005
"Make Nigeria go rest !, the one wey we have, we don exhaust am?, we get extra we no wan share?"
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Greatpeter(m): 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2005
Kazey,
So will you say because you have something in large quantity it should be stolen or withdrawn from you?
Then you might end up not having anymore.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by kemmy(f): 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2005
Kazey, that your logic no work o!Even if I get something,....so long as I no give anybody out of my own freewill,they have no right to take it from me,......if that is what happens,the situation is called "STEALING",.......simple as ABC!

If anyone knows the true situation about Bakassi,feel me in.....Angela take note!
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Chxta(m): 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2005
IMO we should keep Bakassi. By force if necessary. We have to maintain our national pride!

Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by makgod(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2005
cameroun owns Bakassi... reasons
1. it is nearer to cameroun.

2.u can't eat ur cake and have it.(naija gave that land to cam as a token of appreciation for helping them create and obstacle to biafran soldiers.

3.U dont know better than the international court of justice who said the land belongs to cameroun.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by kemmy(f): 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2005
The International court of justice don't know the people living in Bakasi.Anyway,omo oko will always come back home....ask HongKong,Guam,Nigeria, and all other places that has always been given out politically.It's just like saying Britain owns Nigeria(in the early 1900s).
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Chxta(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2005
makgod:

cameroun owns Bakassi... reasons
1. it is nearer to cameroun.

2.you can't eat your cake and have it.(Nigeria gave that land to cam as a token of appreciation for helping them create and obstacle to biafran soldiers.

3.U don't know better than the international court of justice who said the land belongs to cameroun.

Since when did the great countries of the world keep their promises? NIGERIA SHOULD HOLD BAKASSI BY FORCE IF NEED BE!
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by makgod(m): 5:53am On Aug 01, 2005
since when did nigeria become soo greedy with lands.
the one we have already, have we finish developing it...?
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:36am On Sep 02, 2005
makgod, we shouldn't because of the plenty we claim to be having keep dashing away everything.
About the bakassi issue, International Court of Justice is presided by french men. France happens to be Cameroun colonist(s) and till today pioneering them in so many areas. You cannot expect to be in favour of case whose sides have been taking by your opponents. Or, do u know the gain france will derive if Bakassi's oil is won over to cameroun.

As for the war issue, there is what we can call business law. In this situation, somebody can promise heaven and earth at the heat of the moment of  plight. When that case is eventually won, we will say it was promised unconsciously because of the situation at stake.

Gowon's pledge was very personal. It was not decided by any House due to the type of government we had (MILITARY). So, it can be revoked as a country can never be owned by an individual whose relationship with the country is as others .

Going by ethnic wise, Gowon is an Hausa man, bakassi belongs to Calabar, so, if there should be any break up in the country, it can be retrieved easily. U cannot sale something that does not belong to you.

Viewing it in another  aspect, what happens to the people who live inside there(bakassi)? So, they have been sold to another country. This is slavery which is seriously condemned by constitution of every country. They just sue for attempt of being sold as slaves. As simple as that.

I have only mentioned a few because of my time now. I'll post in more.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by makgod(m): 8:26am On Sep 15, 2005
hmnnn.... true lies..
anyway bakasi has both camerounians and nigerians.. and guesse what...? the wanna be independent, from both countries..
so why the much ado about nothing.

lets say Nigeria will be able to fight and defeat UN someday..., till then, LEAVE THE LAND FOR CAMEROUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by goldenoc(f): 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2005
guys una dey readyoooooooooooooooo me! l never hear this one before. Make una dey talk l want to learn. grin
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by pharrod(m): 1:52am On Oct 25, 2005
I don't like to hear the word ceding part of the Bakassi to Cameroon.Bakassi belongs to Nigeria not Cameroon.Whether world court gave any judgment or not,how does it concern the Nigeria government not to protect Nigeria citizens.Did American government listen to U.N before they invade Iraqi ,They believe invading Iraqi was the best interest of America.OK.what of Falkland war between Britain and Argentina.World court gave judgment in favor of Argentina,but Britain didn't recognize it ,they went to war with Argentina and America came to their rescue (Britain)America help them to win the war ,they are still the rightful owner of the Island that is thousans of miles away from their sea shores.ABACHA did protect Bakassi ,why can't O.B.J do thesame thing.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2005
I wonder what is still going on there. I am not current with latest news there. Can any with gists get me updated?
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Greatpeter(m): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2005
Camoroon and Nigeria govts are planning to meet next year to facilitate the evacuation of sone Nigerians from Bakassi.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by cushman(m): 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2005
The whole thing is frustrating!
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by drbigdaddyg(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2005
G.P. Have Nigerians given up to them? It will a great dissappointment if we have given just like that.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Greatpeter(m): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2005
Yes of course.
The world court's verdict succeede the place to cameroon.
What will they do?
They are helpless at the moment.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by drbigdaddyg(m): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2005
How can the case be judged by Cameroun colonialists?
We should file against it
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Greatpeter(m): 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2005
Ha! that is the world court now.

The court is not in France oo.

That is the Apex court as Supreme court is us in Nigeria so it is to the whole world.

No court in Nigeria can entertain any case judged by Supreme court.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by drbigdaddyg(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2005
I am confused. I was thinking ICJ is now the highest as in the world court undecided
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Greatpeter(m): 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2005
drbigdaddyg:

I am confused. I was thinking ICJ is now the highest as in the world court undecided

Yes right, I'm talking of thesame court plz.

That was the court that made the judgement.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Odeku(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2005
The current Cameroon does not own Bakassi. Ambazonia does. The high court in Haque be dong already gave the land to Cameroon
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:13am On Oct 26, 2005
The problem becomes what we will do to revoke them from taking the land
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Greatpeter(m): 9:18am On Oct 26, 2005
Odeku:

The current Cameroon does not own Bakassi. Ambazonia does. The high court in Haque be dong already gave the land to Cameroon

Who are these Ambazonia please?
I don't seem to understand.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:21am On Oct 26, 2005
Yes, we should know them.
Re: Cameroon, Nigeria, who owns Bakassi? by Greatpeter(m): 9:23am On Oct 26, 2005
Where is Odeku please?

Ekiti Uncovers 2,242 Workers With Forged Certificates / Oil Activities Cause N160trn Devastation In N’delta – Kuku / That Dome On The National Assembly!