Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,505 members, 7,847,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:50 AM

Player Selection Not Ghana Is Our Problem – Austin Eguavoen - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player Selection Not Ghana Is Our Problem – Austin Eguavoen (256 Views)

Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser / Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) / Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Player Selection Not Ghana Is Our Problem – Austin Eguavoen by Sportsration: 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2022
Super Eagles technical adviser and interim coach Austin Eguavoen has explained his only major headache ahead of Nigeria double-header clash against Ghana in March.

The West African rivals go head-to-head over two legs with the aggregate winner securing a ticket to FIFA World Cup, Qatar 2022.

The first leg will be played at Cape Coast Stadium on Wednesday, 23rd March or Thursday, 24th March while the second leg at MKO Abiola National Stadium, Abuja on Sunday, 27th March.

And coach Eguavoen is adamant that Nigeria have too many talents to execute the job and selection would be his major problem.

“It is always an honour to serve the country. I was impressed with the high level of discipline and commitment of the players at the AFCON in Cameroon, and I feel privileged to lead the group.

“We have two tough games against Ghana next month but I am not too worried because we have a squad that knows it is a mountain that we have to climb.

“We have a good headache to deal with – which is a surplus of good players. I want to thank the Government and the NFF for all the support during the AFCON; we will need even greater support for the World Cup play-off.”

Nigeria is blessed with so many attacking options with the likes of Victor Osimhen, Paul Onuachu, Samuel Chukwueze, Simon Moses, Ademola Lookman, Sadiq Umar.

Alex Iwobi, Chidera Ejuke, Kelechi Iheanacho and others.

https://sportsration.com/player-selection-not-ghana-is-our-problem-austin-eguavoen/

1 Like

Re: Player Selection Not Ghana Is Our Problem – Austin Eguavoen by WibusJaga: 9:01am On Feb 17, 2022
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Heartland FC Still A Work In Progress - Coach Onuh / Cristiano Ronaldo Celebrates Becoming The First Person To Reach 400 Million Inst / Man Utd Make Decision On Signing Osimhen After Napoli Name Asking Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.