Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication (22165 Views)

FG Deploys Officers To Mdas To Monitor PMS Implementation / Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele / FG Orders MDAs To Give Priority To Indigenous Professionals In Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by ijustdey: 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
Isa Pantami, minister of communications and digital economy, says the federal government has outlawed the use of generic internet domains for official purposes.

Pantami said this on Wednesday while addressing journalists at the end of the weekly federal executive council (FEC) meeting presided over by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.

The minister said the council approved the ‘National Policy on the Government, Second Level Domain’, which mandates the migration of all official communications from generic domains to the nation’s second-level domain under government top-level domain.

He explained that all government agencies must switch to an official communication medium and stop using public email systems such as Gmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, and others.

“This policy has been approved, and it focuses more on mandating federal public institutions, ministries, departments, agencies (MDAs) and all institutions as long as they are for government; they should migrate from using generic domains in their websites and their emails to our second level domain under government top-level domain,” Pantami said.

“For example, you will discover today, some government institutions will engage in official communications using private email: yahoo.com hotmail.com gmail.com.

“And it is an official communication and someone may retire or will complete his tenure or the tenure can be terminated, and he will go with the same email. And in that email, there are many official documents.

“So, this will not be tolerated by the government anymore. Any official communications must be using an official email and that email should not be a generic one, it must be ‘.gov.ng.’ What is most important is ‘.ng’ that is our national identity.”

“There are many categories of the second-level domain, some are for military, you will see like mil.ng mil is a short form of military.ng for Nigeria. You can see .gov.ng — Gov for government and ng for Nigeria.

“So, there are categories of the second-level domain, while our country top-level domain.ng must be there in our websites so that whoever gets access will know that this website is from Nigeria, while for email, it must reflect the official name.”
https://www.thecable.ng/fg-orders-mdas-to-stop-using-gmail-yahoo-mail-for-official-communication/amp

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
Aptly said.
I can relate well with this.

Very welcome idea

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by Blue3k(m): 9:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
Good move make them migrate immediately to government issued email accounts you control. At least they'll know you can spy on them much easier. You won't need warrant or nothing of the sort because its belongs to the state.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
Alright

1 Like

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by NwaNimo1(m): 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2022
Generic emails which are more secure.............

[img]https://media1./images/6d8060a5b5e1027d5a0376b830c43089/tenor.gif?itemid=5284227[/img]

......@hotmail.ngr

24 Likes

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by pretydiva(f): 11:15pm On Feb 16, 2022
Seen. Next pls!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by dynicks(m): 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nice....

But Nna eh!!...wetin this man dey use all those phones do?.....How does he even feel carrying them all at the same time?

If I talk wetin dey my mind now, some people would ask me if av got proof..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by MikeMicheal(m): 11:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
good
Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by datola: 11:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
Expect lots of delays and hiccups from our government agencies with this new directive.

9 Likes

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:18pm On Feb 16, 2022
Very Good Development.

Slow and steady we will get there.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by Klass99(f): 11:19pm On Feb 16, 2022

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by Donchieli: 11:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ewu kambia of a person

1 Like

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by khalleb(m): 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Weldon
Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by nonut: 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Spying on a coded level. The terrorist is acting like the director of CIA.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by emmy512: 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Good move, I've always wondered why we don't implement this.

Even in schools out university never gave a school email to student or staff sef but had their websites.

Another issue is security, how secure are their sites as most of them look too careless to even have a good security feature

10 Likes

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by DLSReigns: 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Atlast someone making sense in government.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
Fraudfessor Fantami going techie

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by Ejiakusmith(m): 11:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
but honestly I don't understand ,,, tho maybe because of my ignorant ,,, why he said they shouldn't use Generic email

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by McBishop2020: 11:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
Na you sabi.
Next!
Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by nextBIGthing: 11:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
I'm impressed

1 Like

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
emmy512:
Good move, I've always wondered why we don't implement this.

Even in schools out university never gave a school email to student or staff sef but had their websites.

Another issue is security, how secure are their sites as most of them look too careless to even have a good security feature
because there is no any unity in Nigeria simple & short!
Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by coldsummer: 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
Awesome. It's the most ridiculous thing I've seen. Couple with the facts that you can't even reach workers on phone. Numbers listed on Nigerian websites don't work or get answered.

I was at first bank in December and I was asked to produce a document, I asked for the lady's work email so I could share the document, she said her email for for first bank workers alone. I was SHOCKED

���

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by MistaBabz: 11:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
Pantami is definitely going to cashout real good on this. If you want to work you'll work it's not by gmail, yahoo or hotmail. Most government workers are too lazy to even write sef
Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by Crafteck1: 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ignorance, who do you trust more
@gmail.com protected by google or @something.gov.ng? Protected by a company whose staff have nothing to lose

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by HonestFriend: 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
Shebi na aboki?

Forgive him.
Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by wpadmin: 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
It's a welcome development.
Re: FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication by HonestFriend: 11:35pm On Feb 16, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Labour Presents New Minimum Wage Demand Above The N56,000 Earlier Proposed / APC Rally: 10 Killed In Katsina / Buhari Swaps Two Heads Of Agencies Under The Humanitarian Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.