Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Should I Marry Her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Marry Her? (5988 Views)

Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse / Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? / Herbalist Simon Odo: I Marry Additional Wife When Any Of My 58 Wives Insults Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry Her? by Gosh234: 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
I think this is the right section to post this to get the audience needed after posted earlier on Romance Section

I am 25 years while she is 30years
Currently doing my NYSC, while she deals on laptops and other accessories,which is going fine

We have stayed for a year and few months now
We are very compatible and of like minds
We love each other so much
Very decent
Responsible
And very humble all these while we have known

Whatever desired in a woman she has them all

On November,this started
She came to my house and after eating
She asked me out for a marriage and she doesn't mind footing all the bills and everything as regards to that

I never expected this because our agreement is to marry when any serious suitor comes

She isn't desperate because if she , I know of at least 3 of stable men with good source of income waiting just for her YES

I don't have a house of mine neither any source of income

She suggested I join her in business as well, as her business is my business as well while searching for a job

At same time I so much love her

Actually at this point
I don't know where to start

NB- Never knew she owns the business till months we have dated

Same as age gap because she looks damn younger than her age

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by aanuoluwami14(f): 10:44pm On Feb 16, 2022
Why asking?

5 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by Gosh234: 11:02pm On Feb 16, 2022
aanuoluwami14:
Why asking?
Just fear of unknown

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2022
There is one program I watched recently on DStv

In the program there was this guest couple that introduced themselves, the man (husband) say 25 years the young woman (wife) says 26. They have a 4 year old son together.

The host who was far older than them was stunned as in shell shocked shocked funny man... grin

How many times have we seen women that were once slim like "l" multiply in size immediately they put to birth? They blow out of proportion into teddy bears.

Well it all depends on you sha. It is up to you!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Her? by thorpido(m): 11:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
You're obviously not ready for marriage and she is.
You also say you love her but do you love her enough to wed her?

16 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by uthlaw: 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
Don't try it,I don talk my own!

12 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by Gosh234: 12:00am On Feb 17, 2022
thorpido:
You're obviously not ready for marriage and she is.
You also say you love her but do you love her enough to wed her?
Yes, just considering no source of income yet
Re: Should I Marry Her? by Gosh234: 12:00am On Feb 17, 2022
uthlaw:
Don't try it,I don talk my own!
Your reason please
Re: Should I Marry Her? by SeaTrade(m): 12:09am On Feb 17, 2022
Gosh234:
I think this is the right section to post this to get the audience needed after posted earlier on Romance Section

Currently doing my NYSC, while she deals on laptops and other accessories,which is going fine

Very decent
Responsible

On November,this started
She asked me out for a marriage and she doesn't mind footing all the bills and everything as regards to that

I never expected this because our agreement is to marry when any serious suitor comes

She isn't desperate because if she , I know of at least 3 of stable men with good source of income waiting just for her YES

She suggested I join her in business as well, as her business is my business as well while searching for a job

Actually at this point

The bolded is a lie sha... grin grin
Financially stable guys(or rich by your description) waiting for the yes of a 30years old woman that peddles probably used laptops for small profits doesn't seem weird to you?... grin grin grin
That girl has her fingers way up the higher echelon of your developing brain.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Her? by MoneyGoDrop: 12:12am On Feb 17, 2022
Marry her at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her? by Kobojunkie: 12:43am On Feb 17, 2022
Gosh234:
Actually at this point

Your relationship is already unique as it is. So it is erroneous to assume that those who have never had your kind of experience would know how to properly advice her in these things. undecided

To begin with, no two relationships are the same and no two individuals the same, so you are the best place to know about this lady than anyone here or even in your family, I think. undecided

As to whether you are ready for Marriage,only you know that too. You know if you are mature enough for the responsibilities and intricacies of a marriage. So you need to consider the points you point forth and look in wards to decide. If you need more time, you and your gal can decide that too. undecided

12 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 17, 2022

6 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by Richy4(m): 5:28am On Feb 17, 2022
SeaTrade:
The bolded is a lie sha... grin grin
Financially stable guys(or rich by your description) waiting for the yes of a 30years old woman that peddles probably used laptops for small profits doesn't seem weird to you?... grin grin grin
That girl has her fingers way up the higher echelon of your developing brain.

How did you know that she was lying?
<<< So a 30 yr old woman in your mindset cannot attract suitors right?
<<< Was she a liability to the society?the answer is NO
<<< Is she beautiful?...Based on OP statement, She wasn't bad looking...
<<< Was she physically challenged... Based on what we read, she wasn't...
<<< So why do you think that she was lying?

<<<OP on the other hand is financially challenged, because he wasn't working... It could be that this lady was the one helping him financially at the moment...
<<<So if she decides to stay away from OP, she has nothing to loose apart from the emotional and time invested in the relationship...
<<< U wrote As if OP was the only graduate in the whole country hence her desperation to help him so that they can build up a family together...
<<<Meanwhile, I understand that there are graduates working as gatemen, drivers etc whom many ladies were not interested in building futures with despite their qualifications and intelligence ... So what are u really saying here?...

25 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:10am On Feb 17, 2022
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her? by oldienavie: 6:21am On Feb 17, 2022
Gosh234:

Very decent
Responsible

On November,this started

Actually at this point

Tell your parents this and listen to their advise, especially your mom, discuss this with her.
grin grin grin grin
I have nothing else to say.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her? by Acidosis(m): 6:46am On Feb 17, 2022
Gosh234:

She is actually desperate and you don't know jack about those 3 "stable men". Saying "Yes" to any of those men will only get her laid. She knows this and that's why she's hell bent on funding her marriage with you. It takes nothing to tell a lady about marriage. It takes bravery to approach her family for a traditional marriage list. When it comes to the "former", she's seen it all at her age, she's experienced all the lies and disappointment and can see through the desperation of those 3 men. That's why she's never going to give them her attention.

I don't know what to say about getting married to someone 5 years older but do not get married while you're jobless. Her promises and intentions to fund the wedding are from a place of desperate kindness but here is the problem, the moment a man becomes too comfortable with this system, the man will hardly want to do anything. Sooner or later, you'll begin to irritate her. I am sure her thriving business and kindness are reasons you're considering marriage at this point. You don't want to lose a "kind" woman but it's a trap in disguise.

Do not push your responsibility to your woman unless the situation at hand is critical (e.g. loss of employment, sickness). Yours is not a critical case. There's nothing critical about an unmarried 25 year old boy.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Her? by Gosh234: 6:55am On Feb 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your relationship is already unique as it is. So it is erroneous to assume that those who have never had your kind of experience would know how to properly advice her in these things. undecided

To begin with, no two relationships are the same and no two individuals the same, so you are the best place to know about this lady than anyone here or even in your family, I think. undecided

As to whether you are ready for Marriage,only you know that too. You know if you are mature enough for the responsibilities and intricacies of a marriage. So you need to consider the points you point forth and look in wards to decide. If you need more time, you and your gal can decide that too. undecided
Thanks so much, you are absolutely right, we are taking more time now to fix a source of income for myself, maybe starting same Business in same city independently

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by Gosh234: 6:58am On Feb 17, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
Have your own source of income first. It's the same advice I would give to any female before getting married. Have a job, or business in which you're earning money from. As for her age, if you love her, shouldn't be a problem. I look 23 and I'm not 23, so age is really just a number.
Exactly, thanks so much, the only problem having now is the source of income on my own side, working on getting a job or starting same Business in same city independently with our collective help
Re: Should I Marry Her? by Gosh234: 7:03am On Feb 17, 2022
Acidosis:

She is actually desperate and you don't know jack about those 3 "stable men". Saying "Yes" to any of those men will only get her laid. She knows this and that's why she's hell bent on funding her marriage with you. It takes nothing to tell a lady about marriage. It takes bravery to approach her family for a traditional marriage list. When it comes to the "former", she's seen it all at her age, she's experienced all the lies and disappointment and can see through the desperation of those 3 men. That's why she's never going to give them her attention.

I don't know what to say about getting married to someone 5 years older but do not get married while you're jobless. Her promises and intentions to fund the wedding are from a place of desperate kindness but here is the problem, the moment a man becomes too comfortable with this system, the man will hardly want to do anything. Sooner or later, you'll begin to irritate her. I am sure her thriving business and kindness are reasons you're considering marriage at this point. You don't want to lose a "kind" woman but it's a trap in disguise.

Do not push your responsibility to your woman unless the situation at hand is critical (e.g. loss of employment, sickness). Yours is not a critical case. There's nothing critical about an unmarried 25 year old boy.
Thanks , getting a business of my own is the plan now, which is working out or getting a job

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her? by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 17, 2022
She's not in your league, unless you're ready to be the submissive one in the relationship.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by Acidosis(m): 7:07am On Feb 17, 2022
Gosh234:
Thanks , getting a business of my own is the plan now, which is working out or getting a job

Good. But having a business or job is not an automatic ticket to jump into marriage. Also, make sure you carry your family along to avoid wasting her time.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by oldienavie: 7:31am On Feb 17, 2022
Acidosis:

Good. But having a business or job is not an automatic ticket to jump into marriage. Also, make sure you carry your family along to avoid wasting her time.
grin grin You took your time to really educate him, but from what I am seeing, this 25year old guy seems to have the exposure of an 18 year old.
A 30 year old lady who is 5 years older than you is saying she will pay her own bride price just for you to marry her and you think it is out of love.
OP should go and read about Tonto DIke and CHurchill, it will end in premium tears...

12 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by SeaTrade(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2022
oldienavie:

grin grin You took your time to really educate him, but from what I am seeing, this 25year old guy seems to have the exposure of an 18 year old.
A 30 year old lady who is 5 years older than you is saying she will pay her own bride price just for you to marry her and you think it is out of love.
OP should go and read about Tonto DIke and CHurchill, it will end in premium tears...
He's blinded by the things he gets from her thinking it's free or out of love.
The one weh off me na when e say 3 rich guys dey on her neck but she reject them for him that she has to invest in lol.
The boy is really naive.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Her? by faithfull18(f): 7:46am On Feb 17, 2022
Oga, get a job or business. Nairaland is the worst place to ask for relationship advice.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by elantraceey(f): 8:22am On Feb 17, 2022
I don't have any issues with the age gap but I won't advice any man to get married to anyone, even Otedola daughters without a very good stable source of income on their own. Work on that first.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Her? by MufasaLion: 8:28am On Feb 17, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
There is one program I watched recently on DStv

In the program there was this guest couple that introduced themselves, the man (husband) say 25 years the young woman (wife) says 26. They have a 4 years son together.

The host who was far older than them was stunned as in shell shocked shocked funny man... grin

How many times have we seen women that were once slim like "l" multiply in size immediately they put to birth? They blow out of proportion into teddy bears.

Well it all depends on you sha. It is up to you!

Your story doesn't add up.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 17, 2022
Are you sure you really love her and are ready for marriage? Or is it because she's got some level of financially security and Independence you're getting all confused and thinking that's the right thing to do for now with her?

You better calm down and take your time to figure out what you really want at this time in your life. You're just 25 and for a man your age, you are likely not emotionally and mentally ready just like you're obviously not financially and physically ( no house) ready.

Now, let me tell you what you don't know.
The lady being 30, is only interested in getting married for her own interests and personal gains which may not include you in the picture. If you know what I mean. She doesn't care whether you're set or not for marriage provided she is ok and to a large extent can sustain herself in the marriage while you're still there trying to get a life/bearing and God help you if anything goes wrong or you experience a slight delay in making something of your life before the kids start coming in ( which might be immediately after marriage), you'll not find it funny and that is when you'll know the true color of the woman you married.

Don't allow yourself to be used. She might want to use what she has now to secure what she wants (you) and such intentions may render you useless because you'll be thinking you're covered, meanwhile there's a hole under the beautiful cushion you're being asked to sit on. Which comes with expiry date.

Wait a little. Get a bearing and be financially equipped so you can be bold and man enough to manage your home and command some respect, instead of being a puppet husband cos that is what you'll end up as, if you let her "marry you". It is a man that marries a woman.

Hope you get my drift.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Her? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:39am On Feb 17, 2022
MufasaLion:

Your story doesn't add up.
Watch restaurant impossible on REALtime on dstv (I can't remember the season & episode now).

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her? by MufasaLion: 8:45am On Feb 17, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Watch restaurant impossible on REALtime on dstv (I can't remember the season & episode now).

I'm gonna check but then, how could a couple that ain't up to 30 years have a 24-year-old child?

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:50am On Feb 17, 2022
MufasaLion:

I'm gonna check but then, how could a couple that ain't up to 30 years have a 24-year-old child?
Bros check well shocked what I wrote is a 4 year old boy!

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her? by MufasaLion: 8:51am On Feb 17, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Bros check well shocked what I wrote is a 4 year old boy!

Oh, my bad. It seems I saw 24. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Her? by freddie009(m): 9:59am On Feb 17, 2022
There are three things to be considered when getting married to a woman.

-Money

You should have at least 2/3 higher than your spouse to get maximum respect.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Common Problems That Leads To Crises In Marriage / Unromantic Husband / Yorubas And The 'Left-Hand' Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.