Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

My Experience With A Truehost Web Hosting Company - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Experience With A Truehost Web Hosting Company (824 Views)

Anyone Here Using Truehost? / Truehost Review : This Is Not A Paid Review (Worst And Good Experience) / Does Anyone Know About Truehost Nigeria? Review Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Truehost Web Hosting Company by Premiumwriter: 7:54am On Feb 17, 2022
Please I'm new to web hosting services and decided to try a Nigerian host.

Clear me on this please.

So my website has been suspended since December of last year.

Yesterday, I decided to make payment only to be told that I'll have to make payment for the month of December, January and then February this month before my account can be restored.

Is this how things are done in the hosting industry?

Note: all through the 3 months, I didn't use their services since my account was suspended.

So am I paying for the time or service cos I no De understand right now.

The hosting company is Truehost.
Re: My Experience With A Truehost Web Hosting Company by garyaustin(m): 8:28am On Feb 17, 2022
Study the Terms and Conditions you signed. The answer might be there.
Re: My Experience With A Truehost Web Hosting Company by Esywrite: 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Please I'm new to web hosting services and decided to try a Nigerian host.

Clear me on this please.

So my website has been suspended since December of last year.

Yesterday, I decided to make payment only to be told that I'll have to make payment for the month of December, January and then February this month before my account can be restored.

Is this how things are done in the hosting industry?

Note: all through the 3 months, I didn't use their services since my account was suspended.

So am I paying for the time or service cos I no De understand right now.

The hosting company is Truehost.

Yes, they're right. While you may not have used their hosting service for 3months, they have already paid for it as part of the monthly bills.

If you ever want to claim ownership again to your domain and hosting, you will need to pay for your outstanding debts.

Just see it the way NEPA operates. If they disconnect your light, irrespective of when you intend to pay, you'll pay for all old debts.
Re: My Experience With A Truehost Web Hosting Company by Premiumwriter: 1:55pm On Feb 17, 2022
Esywrite:

Yes, they're right. While you may not have used their hosting service for 3months, they have already paid for it as part of the monthly bills.

If you ever want to claim ownership again to your domain and hosting, you will need to pay for your outstanding debts.

Just see it the way NEPA operates. If they disconnect your light, irrespective of when you intend to pay, you'll pay for all old debts.
if nepa disconnect your light and you did not reconnect it for a month, you won't pay bill for that month.

NEPA charges people for SERVICE USAGE not time.

Here they are clearly charging me for TIME rather than SERVICE USAGE.

You suspended my account, which means your services to me has been terminated. Why should I continue to pay the bill still?

Think of it this way, you've been subscribing to MTN 1gb per month for a year.

Then for 3 month you didn't subscribe to the data plan. Within that 3 month, MTN didn't allow you to browse.

Then the fourth month you want to subscribe again to that same 1gb per month and then MTN ask you to pay for the 3 previous month.

Is that not ridiculous?

If MTN had allowed you to use their services, then you know you are owing them but since they blocked your access, it means they've not offered any services to you for that 3 month, so why should they even demand payments for it?

Truehost shut down my website for 3 months and now they are asking me to pay for the 3 months. Why should I pay them exactly? For shutting down my site?..

This is ridiculous
Re: My Experience With A Truehost Web Hosting Company by LittleFinger1: 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2022
Premiumwriter:
if nepa disconnect your light and you did not reconnect it for a month, you won't pay bill for that month.

NEPA charges people for SERVICE USAGE not time.

Here they are clearly charging me for TIME rather than SERVICE USAGE.

You suspended my account, which means your services to me has been terminated. Why should I continue to pay the bill still?

Think of it this way, you've been subscribing to MTN 1gb per month for a year.

Then for 3 month you didn't subscribe to the data plan. Within that 3 month, MTN didn't allow you to browse.

Then the fourth month you want to subscribe again to that same 1gb per month and then MTN ask you to pay for the 3 previous month.

Is that not ridiculous?

If MTN had allowed you to use their services, then you know you are owing them but since they blocked your access, it means they've not offered any services to you for that 3 month, so why should they even demand payments for it?

Truehost shut down my website for 3 months and now they are asking me to pay for the 3 months. Why should I pay them exactly? For shutting down my site?..

This is ridiculous
All I have to say is that you're a good writer. Wow.
Re: My Experience With A Truehost Web Hosting Company by Wsx2: 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2022
Worst hosting stay away from them immediately

Re: My Experience With A Truehost Web Hosting Company by Wsx2: 9:50pm On Dec 24, 2022
More

Re: My Experience With A Truehost Web Hosting Company by Wsx2: 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2022
Recent

(1) (Reply)

Site Review / Lets Talk / Another Tale Of Two Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.