Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. (357 Views)

Ossy Ojukwu: Meet One Of The Most Respected Africans In China (photos) / Why Are Our Leaders So Heartless – Yemi Alade Asks Buhari / 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. by mmanwuijele: 10:08am On Feb 17, 2022
This is from my perspective. Please feel free to throw in thoughts.

1) We know the potential of our society- We understand that to make life better for our people is not necessarily hard, especially with what we have. We can see it through a different lens. Many people in Africa and ALL the leaders are just selfish bigots who think evil and cunny cunny is the only way to make it in an environment like that ( tbh I don't blame the people)

2) We know the West- We understand and have experience of the racism, prejudice and stereotypes of oyibo. Many genuinely don't like us. The worst thing is, our poor brother or sister is forced to put aside their pride, dignity and respect to please these people, because its their country and at least, the country works ( for them). The frustration is then amplified when we think of home. Asking yourself, "what am I doing here? I don't belong here", however, when you remember the society you've come from, you decide to keep tolerating it, because at least you can see money to eat.

3) We know the way western society functions- We can see what they are planning, but can't do anything about it. Therefore, this frustration is channeled at the ones mismanaging our home. Why do you think people that are relatively comfortable abroad are agitating the most for Biafra? or Oduduwa? We see it as an outlet. If I go chop sh*t, at least make I chop am for my own fatherland, trying to make it better. The thing though is that, many ( including myself) don't see Nigeria as their fatherland. Too many injustices. Too many evil.

4) The incompetence of our "Leaders"- This is even more glaring to us. For example, while people make memes out of Buhari saying the First Lady of the country belongs in the "other room", many of our people know the true effect of that to the reputation of the country abroad.

5) We know not to trust oyibo- Many oyibos don't like blacks. This is a fact. You can be nice to them, you can be a good boy, but the moment you do something that a "good boy" is not supposed to do, like ask for whats yours, watch the reaction. Yet we see our "Leaders" suck up to these people and we know very well that if only they knew the true intentions of the west, they'd quickly restructure the borders, form alliances and start DOING FOR SELF. Why do you think its ok for Western Nations to produce nukes but not for 1 single African country to have them?

So "Nigerians" I beg you, lets fix our sh*t up. If the country must split, let it split peacefully. We need our collective numbers and brains. We can form alliances after. Please. A dysfunctional Africa due to unending cultural feuds affects no one but us and benefits no one but the west.

Thoughts?
Re: The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. by Flexherbal(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2022
Ok
Re: The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. by thesicilian: 10:42am On Feb 17, 2022
We in Africa also know all these things and we hate the African leaders much more than you diasporeans can ever imagine.
Re: The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. by mmanwuijele: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2022
selamob:
They deserve all the hatred they can get, especially the ones we have here in Nigeria

No big dysfunctional society got fixed by itself. We have to at some point stand up and fight with these people.. literally. I'm talking booing them wherever you see them, chasing them away etc. Make life truly uncomfortable for these bastards.

Many of our people can't do this though. Hunger and illiteracy will not allow them do it to their kinsmen. So once the nation separates, I have no doubt that the east will chase Orji Uzor Kanu away, the west will toss Sanwo-Olu out and the north will understand that they much work for themselves and that people like Ganduje are stopping their progress. Now though, if Ola do wrong, Tunde no go won pursue am because he's thinking that Adamu did the same and got away or that Emeka dey do am and dem never catch am.
Re: The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. by mmanwuijele: 11:03am On Feb 17, 2022
thesicilian:
We in Africa also know all these things and we hate the African leaders much more than you diasporeans can ever imagine.

Its too much. Home is home! It belongs to you, it belongs to me. We cannot continue to let these illiterate pigs destroy it for us. We either back Sowore fully and his call for #revolution or we back Nnamdi and Sunday for secession. We cannot continue like this.
Re: The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. by ivolt: 11:04am On Feb 17, 2022
2,3 and 4 are completely wrong.
If they were true, you wouldn't hate "African leaders" at all because it is pointless.

I am usually amazed when some people who spent some years in a foreign country
starts pretending to be experts in national development.
You would think there was a special class on societal development for immigrants but
there is nothing like that.

We have seen returnees vie for and win political posts and unsurprisingly they couldn't
work any magic using their position.

I suspect just like others, you are enamoured by infrastructural designs and responsive services.
Those are the consequences of the society as a whole and not any special leader.

Grab a copy of the "Wealth of Nations" for a start.
Re: The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. by mmanwuijele: 11:11am On Feb 17, 2022
ivolt:
2,3 and 4 are completely wrong.
If they were true, you wouldn't hate "African leaders" at all because it is pointless.

I am usually amazed when some people who spent some years in a foreign country
starts pretending to be experts in national development.
You would think there was a special class on societal dynamics for immigrants

You made quite a few assumptions there.

Did you read the whole post?
Re: The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. by thesicilian: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2022
mmanwuijele:

Its too much. Home is home! It belongs to you, it belongs to me. We cannot continue to let these illiterate pigs destroy it for us. We either back Sowore fully and his call for #revolution or we back Nnamdi and Sunday for secession. We cannot continue like this.
True, we cannot continue like this. Something has to be done. A revolution is a great idea, an probably the best way forward. I don't believe in secession. Secession is just the same as dividing the problem into smaller regions: the hatred, tribalism, religious extremism and discrimination, and systemic corruption are all still there.
Re: The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 12:04pm On Feb 17, 2022
mmanwuijele:
This is from my perspective. Please feel free to throw in thoughts.

1) We know the potential of our society- We understand that to make life better for our people is not necessarily hard, especially with what we have. We can see it through a different lens. Many people in Africa and ALL the leaders are just selfish bigots who think evil and cunny cunny is the only way to make it in an environment like that ( tbh I don't blame the people)

2) We know the West- We understand and have experience of the racism, prejudice and stereotypes of oyibo. Many genuinely don't like us. The worst thing is, our poor brother or sister is forced to put aside their pride, dignity and respect to please these people, because its their country and at least, the country works ( for them). The frustration is then amplified when we think of home. Asking yourself, "what am I doing here? I don't belong here", however, when you remember the society you've come from, you decide to keep tolerating it, because at least you can see money to eat.

3) We know the way western society functions- We can see what they are planning, but can't do anything about it. Therefore, this frustration is channeled at the ones mismanaging our home. Why do you think people that are relatively comfortable abroad are agitating the most for Biafra? or Oduduwa? We see it as an outlet. If I go chop sh*t, at least make I chop am for my own fatherland, trying to make it better. The thing though is that, many ( including myself) don't see Nigeria as their fatherland. Too many injustices. Too many evil.

4) The incompetence of our "Leaders"- This is even more glaring to us. For example, while people make memes out of Buhari saying the First Lady of the country belongs in the "other room", many of our people know the true effect of that to the reputation of the country abroad.

5) We know not to trust oyibo- Many oyibos don't like blacks. This is a fact. You can be nice to them, you can be a good boy, but the moment you do something that a "good boy" is not supposed to do, like ask for whats yours, watch the reaction. Yet we see our "Leaders" suck up to these people and we know very well that if only they knew the true intentions of the west, they'd quickly restructure the borders, form alliances and start DOING FOR SELF. Why do you think its ok for Western Nations to produce nukes but not for 1 single African country to have them?

So "Nigerians" I beg you, lets fix our sh*t up. If the country must split, let it split peacefully. We need our collective numbers and brains. We can form alliances after. Please. A dysfunctional Africa due to unending cultural feuds affects no one but us and benefits no one but the west.

Thoughts?

Let me tell you the truth some people like Nigerians are happy safari wherever they are. The truth of the matter here some people do not want to be uplifted the more they suffer the happier they are. Even when Nigerians go abroad they vote for the same idiot which were making them suffer in Nigeria illiteracy is a problem

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. by mmanwuijele: 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2022
thesicilian:

True, we cannot continue like this. Something has to be done. A revolution is a great idea, an probably the best way forward. I don't believe in secession. Secession is just the same as dividing the problem into smaller regions: the hatred, tribalism, religious extremism and discrimination, and systemic corruption are all still there.

Whatever will make that region habitable, fair and just, I will support. If it uplifts black people, I'm for it. Nationwide revolution Is something I fear won't happen given the differences of the people in Nigeria, the injustice, the hate, bigotry and religious fanaticism rampant in that society.

I honestly feel that the most drastic thing the people of that country can do is something that has been done before, which is secession. This will happen based off cultural boundaries. We redraw our own maps. Not the white man! Oduduwa can then have more in common other than being human.. the language, food, way of life. The Biafrans can have similar cultures, languages and attitudes. This way, we would have broken from the chain of the white man, their man, their name. Then we can come together at our own free will.

If you say a revolution, where would it start? How would it start? What is the end goal? March to Abuja? How has the Nigerian Govt delt with revolutions before? #lekkitollgate #UdiMassacre #Ogoni etc
Re: The Reasons Africans In The Diaspora Hate African Leaders So Much More. by mmanwuijele: 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Let me tell you the truth some people like Nigerians are happy safari wherever they are. The truth of the matter here some people do not want to be uplifted the more they suffer the happier they are. Even when Nigerians go abroad they vote for the same idiot which were making them suffer in Nigeria illiteracy is a problem

Man, thats what hurts. Life could be so much better.

You want trouble overseas, tell people you're Nigerian. There goes your integrity, trust, reliableness etc

(1) (Reply)

Message To The FG - Declare Auto Pilot ESN A Terrorist Organisation Now Or Never / Blogs Index / Where Are The Super Tucano Jets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.