Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,260 members, 7,954,000 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:36 AM

Reasons igbo wants out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons igbo wants out (597 Views)

Lagos: 7 More Reasons Igbo Businesses Should Be Moved To The Southeast (Video) / Question Of The Day: If Igbo Wants Biafra, Why Are They Not Living In Biafra? / 5 Reasons Igbo May Never Rule Nigeria And Possible Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons igbo wants out by Investigative: 12:32pm On Feb 17, 2022
Someone, from one of the states in the North confronted me recently. He said that he was worried with the way Igbos react to national issues with too much hate and aggression.
I [b]reminded him that in 1943, long before Nigeria had independence, in the city of Jos Plateau State,
the Igbos were killed in unprovoked attack by the Hausas, Fulanis and the locals. The accusation was Igbo domination.Eight years later, in 1953, in the city of Kano, an anti independence riot broke out and the Igbos were once again target of horrific ethnic cleansing for mainly
Supporting immediate independence from Britain. At the end many bodies of Igbo men were found dead on the streets.
In 1966, another round of ethnic cleansing by the same Hausa/Fulani group targeted the lives and properties of the Igbos due to the fallout of the January 1966 coup
From 1967 to 1970, the whole Nigeria fought the Igbos for asking for independence from a country where they were loathed. At the end of hostilities that lasted for 3 years, more than 3 million Igbos were slaughtered.

After the war, there was no reconciliation, no integration,
no rehabilitation but outright hatred, loathsome economic policies, infrastructural ostracisation, political disenfranchisement etc against the Igbos.

To make it worse, the civil war actors discouraged the study of history in Nigerian schools in order to cover up their crimes
which they extended till date while they continued the war against the Igbos in various government policies till date.
The[b] Igbos, their lives and properties have remained target of attacks since 1970 in Northern Nigeria. The Bonkke riot of Kano also took lives and properties of
which they extended till date while they continued the war against the Igbos in various government policies till date.

The Igbos, their lives and properties have remained target of attacks since 1970 in Northern Nigeria. The Bonkke riot of Kano also took lives and properties of
many Igbo in 1991. [/b]

We also live in fear in every election cycle. When Buhari lost his Presidential election in 2011, he unleashed his people on the lives and properties of Southerners in the North. Many Igbos lost their lives and properties in that attack.
During Miss World
riot in 2002 that broke out in the North, we were also targeted for elimination and our businesses destroyed.

The Igbos also paid with their lives and properties during the Sharia riot of 2000 led by Mohammed Buhari and the Northern religious terrorists.

Very worrying is the
fact that once Buhari attained his lifelong ambition of becoming the President of Nigeria, he did not pretend about his hatred for the Igbos and till date has killed more young Igbo men than any post civil war President of Nigeria. Buhari's hatred for Igbos carries generational
support from his kinsmen and their leader Ahmadu Bello who said in an interview that he will not consider any Igbo for appointment in the North unless there are no foreigners to take the position. His fear which still ricochets across the nation was "Igbo domination"
I asked my friend, are these events I mentioned not enough for the Igbos to remain reactionary and live in mistrust against their neighbours? He was silent.

I asked him if his tribe is subjected to the same cruelty and experience the Igbos went through and are still
going through in Nigeria, what do you think would be their reaction? Embrace and kiss Nigeria? He began to mutter those wasteful words on how peace can reign within the country. The type of empty rhetorics we have been subjected to for several years yet things keep getting worse
The point of the matter is that an average Igbo man hates Nigeria. We know that we are just being merely tolerated, thus we don't want to be part of Nigeria. I don't want to be part of Nigeria either. Majority of Southerners don't want to be part of Nigeria. The only reason
Nigeria exists today is to enable the crooks that run this country unrestricted access to the oil in Niger Delta, a commodity that turned the people to base animals.

If you can understand the reason why the Jewish people bond together and react against anti semitism and
why they treat the holocaust as a very important aspect of their history then you would understand why the Igbos always bond together whenever they feel threatened within Nigeria. It will also help you understand why we react against any Igbo slur from others and why millions
of Igbos across the globe treat Biafra like a cult.

The difference between the Jewish holocaust and the Biafran genocide is simply an issue of colour. The holocaust is white while the genocide is black. Black lives and issues don't matter else Biafran genocide would have
been a global yearly reminder of man inhumanity to man. The Jews lost an estimated 6 million Jews to Hitler while the Igbos lost an estimated 5 million Igbos to Gowon who were mainly children and women.
Nevertheless, it is the duty of this generation of Igbos to make Biafra trend and place her in global consciousness wherever we find ourselves until Nigeria is sufficiently embarrassed into extinction because in truth
Nigeria does not deserve to exist nor attain the status of a nation. She is an embarrassment both to God and man.

@D_Alkebulan

3 Likes

Re: Reasons igbo wants out by Baawaa(m): 12:38pm On Feb 17, 2022
Igbo leaders are their problem while Nigeria's leaders are her problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons igbo wants out by Investigative: 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
Baawaa:
R
Type lets sew
Re: Reasons igbo wants out by Investigative: 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
Afraid of Igbo songs.
Afraid of Igbo Attire (isi odum/isi agu).
Afraid of Igbo language.
Afraid of Igbo president.
Afraid of Igbo domination
Afraid of Igbo power. Proudly Igbo �� �

2 Likes

Re: Reasons igbo wants out by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:12pm On Feb 17, 2022
Seriously, I don't understand you guys. A section of the people is crying for Igbo presidency while another section is screaming secession. Many Igbos I know don't even care who becomes president as long as they have a peaceful environment to do business.

You keep crying for secession while your leaders are sharing the national cake with their counterparts from other regions! All SE states have representatives in Abuja (Senate and HOR), yet none has raised a motion for secession.

You talked about riots in the North targeting the Igbos as if Igbos were the only ones killed. It is an insult to everyone who lost a relative in the riots regardless of their tribes.

I'd advise you stop wailing and stop supporting the hooligans destroying the lives and properties of well-meaning Igbos in the East with the sit-at-home nonsense going on. I pray you owe your leaders accountable for everything going on and not the average, harmless Igbos on the streets trying so hard to take care of their families.

I hope you're wise enough to understand this!
Re: Reasons igbo wants out by aribisala0(m): 1:28pm On Feb 17, 2022
There is no Evidence that Eboes want out
Re: Reasons igbo wants out by AfonjaEmir: 2:00pm On Feb 17, 2022
It will shock you that docile Yoruba will vote to leave Nigeria if a referendum is conducted in the SW, Let alone IGBO people that have shown that BIAFRA is in their BLOOD.

I wish Yoruba have guts, instead of always "mocking people" whereas we are the worst off.

signed
OBA Lamidi Akirigbingbe

aribisala0:
There is no Evidence that Eboes want out
Re: Reasons igbo wants out by aribisala0(m): 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2022
AfonjaEmir:
It will shock you that docile Yoruba will vote to leave Nigeria if a referendum is conducted in the SW, Let alone IGBO people that have shown that BIAFRA is in their BLOOD.

I wish Yoruba have guts, instead of always "mocking people" whereas we are the worst off.

signed
OBA Lamidi Akirigbingbe

Well almost all your elected officials have denounced Biafra and pledged commitment to Nigeria so as far as I can see
There is no evidence Eboes want to leave
When you are serious we will know but for now there is no evidence you are serious
Re: Reasons igbo wants out by Idiko1: 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
Igbo want out because Nigeria has matured into basket of fools, period.

1 Like

Re: Reasons igbo wants out by aribisala0(m): 2:35pm On Feb 17, 2022
Eboes do not want out

They are committed to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Reasons igbo wants out by Airfixltd: 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2022
Investigative:
Someone, from one of the states in the North confronted me recently. He said that he was worried with the way Igbos react to national issues with too much hate and aggression.
I [b]reminded him that in 1943, long before Nigeria had independence, in the city of Jos Plateau State,
the Igbos were killed in unprovoked attack by the Hausas, Fulanis and the locals. The accusation was Igbo domination.Eight years later, in 1953, in the city of Kano, an anti independence riot broke out and the Igbos were once again target of horrific ethnic cleansing for mainly
Supporting immediate independence from Britain. At the end many bodies of Igbo men were found dead on the streets.
In 1966, another round of ethnic cleansing by the same Hausa/Fulani group targeted the lives and properties of the Igbos due to the fallout of the January 1966 coup
From 1967 to 1970, the whole Nigeria fought the Igbos for asking for independence from a country where they were loathed. At the end of hostilities that lasted for 3 years, more than 3 million Igbos were slaughtered.

After the war, there was no reconciliation, no integration,
no rehabilitation but outright hatred, loathsome economic policies, infrastructural ostracisation, political disenfranchisement etc against the Igbos.

To make it worse, the civil war actors discouraged the study of history in Nigerian schools in order to cover up their crimes
The[b] Igbos, their lives and properties have remained target of attacks since 1970 in Northern Nigeria. The Bonkke riot of Kano also took lives and properties of

The Igbos, their lives and properties have remained target of attacks since 1970 in Northern Nigeria. The Bonkke riot of Kano also took lives and properties of
many Igbo in 1991. [/b]

We also live in fear in every election cycle. When Buhari lost his Presidential election in 2011, he unleashed his people on the lives and properties of Southerners in the North. Many Igbos lost their lives and properties in that attack.
During Miss World
riot in 2002 that broke out in the North, we were also targeted for elimination and our businesses destroyed.

The Igbos also paid with their lives and properties during the Sharia riot of 2000 led by Mohammed Buhari and the Northern religious terrorists.

Very worrying is the
fact that once Buhari attained his lifelong ambition of becoming the President of Nigeria, he did not pretend about his hatred for the Igbos and till date has killed more young Igbo men than any post civil war President of Nigeria. Buhari's hatred for Igbos carries generational
support from his kinsmen and their leader Ahmadu Bello who said in an interview that he will not consider any Igbo for appointment in the North unless there are no foreigners to take the position. His fear which still ricochets across the nation was "Igbo domination"
I asked my friend, are these events I mentioned not enough for the Igbos to remain reactionary and live in mistrust against their neighbours? He was silent.

I asked him if his tribe is subjected to the same cruelty and experience the Igbos went through and are still
going through in Nigeria, what do you think would be their reaction? Embrace and kiss Nigeria? He began to mutter those wasteful words on how peace can reign within the country. The type of empty rhetorics we have been subjected to for several years yet things keep getting worse
The point of the matter is that an average Igbo man hates Nigeria. We know that we are just being merely tolerated, thus we don't want to be part of Nigeria. I don't want to be part of Nigeria either. Majority of Southerners don't want to be part of Nigeria. The only reason
Nigeria exists today is to enable the crooks that run this country unrestricted access to the oil in Niger Delta, a commodity that turned the people to base animals.

If you can understand the reason why the Jewish people bond together and react against anti semitism and
why they treat the holocaust as a very important aspect of their history then you would understand why the Igbos always bond together whenever they feel threatened within Nigeria. It will also help you understand why we react against any Igbo slur from others and why millions
of Igbos across the globe treat Biafra like a cult.

The difference between the Jewish holocaust and the Biafran genocide is simply an issue of colour. The holocaust is white while the genocide is black. Black lives and issues don't matter else Biafran genocide would have
been a global yearly reminder of man inhumanity to man. The Jews lost an estimated 6 million Jews to Hitler while the Igbos lost an estimated 5 million Igbos to Gowon who were mainly children and women.
Nevertheless, it is the duty of this generation of Igbos to make Biafra trend and place her in global consciousness wherever we find ourselves until Nigeria is sufficiently embarrassed into extinction because in truth
Nigeria does not deserve to exist nor attain the status of a nation. She is an embarrassment both to God and man.

@D_Alkebulan

Thank you for this intelligent write up. You know before now I have been a bit silent about the whole Biafran thing. But after reading this article I told myself the Biafran struggle is worth everything in me if not for anything for the sake of my children and unborn generation. Like Esther in the holy Bible said "if I die i die". From today I pledge to give the Biafran struggle the publicity it requires.

Nigeria is cursed and will remain so. Everyone who supports this contraption will die meserably. It is Biafra or nothing else will matter.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons igbo wants out by AfonjaEmir: 10:56pm On Feb 17, 2022
End of Discussion. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Signed
OBA Lamidi Akiringbigbe

Airfixltd:

Thank you for this intelligent write up. You know before now I have been a bit silent about the whole Biafran thing. But after reading this article I told myself the Biafran struggle is worth everything in me if not for anything for the sake of my children and unborn generation. Like Esther in the holy Bible said "if I die i die". From today I pledge to give the Biafran struggle the publicity it requires.

Nigeria is cursed and will remain so. Everyone who supports this contraption will die meserably. It is Biafra or nothing else will matter.

1 Like

Re: Reasons igbo wants out by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 17, 2022
Igbos, next to the Fulanis are the biggest defenders of one Nigeria. Igbos have no shame. As much as they are hated, they will still die for one Nigeria because of their lust for Lagos and Abuja.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Wins Jos North/bassa Bye Election Of The Federal House Of Reps / Video: See How Unknown Gunmen Killed Uncountable Cows Few Hours To MNK Trial / Soludo presents 2022 revised budget to Anambra Assembly(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.