Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

My 5 Months Oldfemale GSD Wahala - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My 5 Months Oldfemale GSD Wahala (716 Views)

Rate My 5 Months Old Gsd / Please What Specie Is My 5 Months Dog Nairalander. / 5 Months Caucasian And 4 Months Boerboel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 5 Months Oldfemale GSD Wahala by starlionnotch: 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2022
My months old FEMALE GSD barks at everyone, including me and my family, and she almost bites when you try to feed her from hand to mouth, is this normal? and i also have problems walking them (she and my male boerl boal) and getting them to obey sometimes. please how to get them to be obedient? though they hear things like, GO IN, SIT, but you have to say it twice or thrice most of the time.
Re: My 5 Months Oldfemale GSD Wahala by Freestainworld(m): 6:31pm On Feb 17, 2022
You have to prove to the dog that you are in total control ( an apha), if not it will keep getting worst by the day.
Re: My 5 Months Oldfemale GSD Wahala by bigseank(m): 2:19am On Feb 18, 2022
She is still a puppy. Its just training that is needed. Spend a little time teaching them the "stay" to stay at a spot, The "hey" for when you want them to stop doing what they are doing immediately, the "eat" only to eat at your command. and the "shii" to stop barking. Just have a little patience, it wont happen overnight, but all this aforemetioned behaviour can be corrected. Watch youtube videos on how to. And Use Food and positive reinforcement always. Dont beat her, it would only make her fear you and lose her confidence. Trust me she can lay her life for you.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Months Oldfemale GSD Wahala by starlionnotch: 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
bigseank:
She is still a puppy. Its just training that is needed. Spend a little time teaching them the "stay" to stay at a spot, The "hey" for when you want them to stop doing what they are doing immediately, the "eat" only to eat at your command. and the "shii" to stop barking. Just have a little patience, it wont happen overnight, but all this aforemetioned behaviour can be corrected. Watch youtube videos on how to. And Use Food and positive reinforcement always. Dont beat her, it would only make her fear you and lose her confidence. Trust me she can lay her life for you.

Waoooh, this is very helpful. thank you so much, i would implement.

something else happened after i made this post, i was walking both of them in chains, and a local bingo was trying to intimidate both of them without retaliation, the bingo trying biting the GSD several times without reactions, how should i teach them to attack? they are always caged, and i do not socialize them, with the intention of getting them to be aggressive, but i am surprised they could not react.
Re: My 5 Months Oldfemale GSD Wahala by bigseank(m): 4:48am On Feb 19, 2022
First and foremost i hope they have been vaccinated. I cant ever let street bingo near my dog, with all the money i spend on the dog. You don't need them to react, you would have personally use a big stone to pursue it.

But as i have said, she's still a puppy, her confidence might still show before she's a full adult at 1.5yrs. Plus you don't need to train them to attack o, Many people think they want an aggressive dog. Pray make aggressive dog no carry you enter wahala. Saw a scenario a dog on a walk just shakara a child, The child ran to the road and was hit by okada. Gobe happen, they say that's how the dog does.

Your dog should be alert and territorial. Alert of his surroundings on walks and should be focused on you for direction. He only needs to be territorial of his living space. That's your compound. To me its better to tie down your dog on a long leash than caging them up all day. It solves a lot of temperamental problems.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Months Oldfemale GSD Wahala by RYEOFARMS(m): 7:59am On Feb 19, 2022
starlionnotch:
My months old FEMALE GSD barks at everyone, including me and my family, and she almost bites when you try to feed her from hand to mouth, is this normal? and i also have problems walking them (she and my male boerl boal) and getting them to obey sometimes. please how to get them to be obedient? though they hear things like, GO IN, SIT, but you have to say it twice or thrice most of the time.

Good morning
What you're going through is normal,all you have to do is be firm with it's obedience training and always reinforce/reward good habits/behaviors.
For more tips,
Follow us up on IG @ryeo_animal_world
Or Whatsapp: 08026496089

1 Like

Re: My 5 Months Oldfemale GSD Wahala by adetoluaahil3: 12:08am On Feb 20, 2022
okay
Re: My 5 Months Oldfemale GSD Wahala by Edricson01: 2:24am On Feb 20, 2022
Quality boerboel puppies available. 6 weeks and vaccinated. Call or WhatsApp@ 09133159009
Re: My 5 Months Oldfemale GSD Wahala by starlionnotch: 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
bigseank:
First and foremost i hope they have been vaccinated. I cant ever let street bingo near my dog, with all the money i spend on the dog. You don't need them to react, you would have personally use a big stone to pursue it.

But as i have said, she's still a puppy, her confidence might still show before she's a full adult at 1.5yrs. Plus you don't need to train them to attack o, Many people think they want an aggressive dog. Pray make aggressive dog no carry you enter wahala. Saw a scenario a dog on a walk just shakara a child, The child ran to the road and was hit by okada. Gobe happen, they say that's how the dog does.

Your dog should be alert and territorial. Alert of his surroundings on walks and should be focused on you for direction. He only needs to be territorial of his living space. That's your compound. To me its better to tie down your dog on a long leash than caging them up all day. It solves a lot of temperamental problems.

Thanks for these tips, very insightful, yes, they have taken all vaccines.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Both Sex Lhasa Puppies For Sale / Giant Sea Snakes: Discover The Largest Sea Snakes In The World (pics) / 1 Year Old Female Rottweiler Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.