Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Giant Sea Snakes: Discover The Largest Sea Snakes In The World (pics) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Giant Sea Snakes: Discover The Largest Sea Snakes In The World (pics) (714 Views)

Would You Hug a Snake? Meet the 10 Friendliest Snakes in the World (Photos) / Florida Nabs Largest Python Ever Found In State / "My Kinsmen Are Killing My Snakes" - Ebonyi Man Cries Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giant Sea Snakes: Discover The Largest Sea Snakes In The World (pics) by farouk2much(m): 12:21am On Apr 13, 2022
Sea snakes are spectacular and mysterious sea creatures often very hard to find. They are restricted to coastal areas of the Indian Ocean and Western Pacific Ocean. With laterally compressed bodies and paddle-like tails, they are often mistaken for eels. But sea snakes are actually highly venomous snakes found in aquatic environments for most or all of their lives.

Despite their marine adaptations, most sea snakes prefer to inhabit shallow waters near land, around islands, and sheltered waters. Closely related to the Australian venomous terrestrial snakes in the family Elapidae, Sea snakes are classified into two broad subfamilies. True sea snakes (subfamily Hydrophiinae) and the more primitive sea kraits (subfamily Laticudinae).

The majority of adult sea snake species grow to be between 4 feet and 5 feet in length. The largest sea snake, Hydrophis spiralis, reaches a maximum length of 10 ft (3m) – one of the largest snake species in the world! Sea snakes have the most potent venom of all snakes in the world. Though the majority of sea snake species have gentle dispositions, some aggressive sea snake species are more irritable, and capable of killing an adult human in less than 30 minutes.

Re: Giant Sea Snakes: Discover The Largest Sea Snakes In The World (pics) by gaby(m): 12:43am On Apr 13, 2022
Ewwwwww
Re: Giant Sea Snakes: Discover The Largest Sea Snakes In The World (pics) by Zizicomm: 12:54am On Apr 13, 2022
Lala's food is here....b4 day break na e go reach FP.
Re: Giant Sea Snakes: Discover The Largest Sea Snakes In The World (pics) by mariovito(m): 1:04am On Apr 13, 2022
La LA LA LA hey hey hey goodbye
As this heads to FP by morning.

Snakes are quite versatile, living on land and sea, remaining flying snakes.

If snakes like other reptiles are cold blooded, meaning their body temperature depends on that of their environment, how do sea snakes maintain homeostasis?
Re: Giant Sea Snakes: Discover The Largest Sea Snakes In The World (pics) by Mofun: 2:47am On Apr 13, 2022
I hate snakes and the sight of them.
Re: Giant Sea Snakes: Discover The Largest Sea Snakes In The World (pics) by Bluntguy: 3:16am On Apr 13, 2022
Watching Lala intensely.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sell My Rabbit / I Have Full Breed Caucasian Puppies For Sale / Help!!!! I Think My Gsd Is Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.