Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Nico Gravity Vs Eedris Abdulkareem Saga: - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nico Gravity Vs Eedris Abdulkareem Saga: (445 Views)

Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever / Davido Laughs At Eedris Abdulkareem For Saying He Is Stupid / "You Are Stupid" - Eedris Abdulkareem Blasts Mr Eazi And Davido (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nico Gravity Vs Eedris Abdulkareem Saga: by Peakline: 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2022
NICO GRAVITY VS EEDRIS ABDULKAREEM SAGA:
I Want To Use Yabbis Resurrect Eedris Abdulkareem Dead Music Career - Nico Gravity
Music wey no go cross the border - Ruff Lemon

"EEDRIS Abdulkareem, the day you came to Ajegunle at the Odion Ighalo 02, you stepped on the tail of a venomous cobra! Standby for a bloody bite! This is going to be the diss song of the year 2022! I no go sorry for you because the respect I had for you, you carry am rub for portorportor. Me wey I dey look for who I go enter. Bros you don buy igbese oh! I go enter you woto woto! Ruff Lemon, take this message to your oga. Bloodclaaat!"

These were the words of Paul Nnamdi Okpara popularly known as Nico Gravity, the Story Teller to the Nigeria jagajaga exponent, Eedris Abdulkareem on my Facebook wall after the live video I did on the 19th of December, 2021 during the MTN/Ajeromi-Ifelodun Sports Council's Music Meets Football carnival at the Odion Ighalo 02 Arena, Tolu.

Nico Gravity, in 2009, released his controversial song, “I Wan Finish Timaya Seasons 1 and 2”, which locked him in a bitter battle with the self-styled ‘Egberi Papa 1 of Bayelsa. Gravity who explained that “I Wan Finish Timaya” was done in good faith and that, there was no bad blood between them; said that he’s willing to do a collabo with the pop star any time.

But this time around, it is likely we are about to see another diss song from the Obo Nah Sugar crooner who was irate with the jive thrown at him by the former Remedies leader, Eedris Abdulkareem.

Gravity who was visibly angry that an event like the MTN/Ajeromi-Ifelodun Sports Council's Music Meets Football carnival shouldn't have been an opportunity for Eedris to lash out at him seeing that he did it in Ajegunle, his home.

Now what really happened? On the 19th of December, 2021 at the Odion Ighalo 02 Arena, Tolu, several artistes took turns to perform albeit to entertain the crowd at the MTN/Ajeromi-Ifelodun Sports Council's Music Meets Football carnival. After performances from B'Clean, King Songo and others, Nico Gravity took to the stage and had children singing word for word, his hit songs, "Obo Nah Sugar and Bang well." The crowd appeal was massive but some had their reservations.

One of such persons that had their reservation about his songs was Eedris who was the last performer on the night after Gravity had left the arena.

On getting on stage after being introduced, Eedris praised the people of Ajegunle and MTN for the event and had this to say, "Coincidence be say e just happen, destiny be say God talk say e go happen. So when you dey for front as a child and somebodi dey sing song about wetin your mama take bring you come you come stand here dey dance, you be stupid pickin, you no go dey successful for your life."

Gravity who monitored Eedris' performance on my Facebook Page, Mac Anaele dropped the introductory comment and boom, hell was let loose between himself, Eedris Abdulkareem, Wale Akeem and Nigerian music distributor and artiste manager, Ruff Lemon who Gravity sent to deliver his message to Eedris.

When I contacted Eedris' Manager, Ruff Lemon, he had this to say: " Bros, I no dey support anybody, Nico Gravity nah my good friend, we dey tok nah. Nah me promote him song. I know how much him give me wey I take promote the song. Normally I no suppose collect that amount; nah becos of love and to support am, but at the end of the day, that show nah children's show, no be adult show" he said.

"Like me now, nah me be Eedris manager. Eedris suppose to perform Oko Ashawo, but wen we see children, him say Ruff, remove that track, let's perform other songs because him get children for house. If nah adult show nau him fit sing anything; If e like naked for stage e no concern anybody" he continued.

"But now Nico Gravity don see children, wetin him suppose do? Him suppose change the song, him get other good good songs wey him do before and e come carry microphone dey give the children.

"Nothing concern me with that o, but why Eedris make that speech on stage, Gravity no suppose add my name say "Ruff Lemon take that message to your oga." You no go beat pickin make you no expect am to cry. So Gravity no suppose include me for the matter at all."

On why Gravity included him in the mix, he said, "While growing up, these were guys I followed their songs, imagine now dem come dey need my assistance, so why should he include me in for that kind of thing.

Now him don say him wan go do song to beef Eedris, ha, music wey no go cross the border and e begin dey abuse me and I respect am as a bros.

E dey abuse me but me I dey respect am because I dey see am as big bros, if I wan really abuse am I go abuse am.

Asking him how Wale the OAP came into the fray, Lemon said: "When I even released his song, "Obo nah sugar" Wale was skeptical about it but he had to repost it because he said anything from me he will do it.

But when the thing come happen the guy come say this guy nah ungrateful human being o, no matter wetin Ruff Lemon do to you, you no suppose to dey tok all this nonsense about this guy or try to dey spoil this guy; say me I dey scam artistes, I say make him come outside any artistes wey I don scam make e come outside come say I scam them."

Expressig how pained he was by Nico Gravity's attitude towards him, Lemon further said, "The thing dey touch me, nah 10,000 naira him give me to promote that song and I make sure say I go meet 360 hub so that Dem go fit promote him song. At the end of the day, the song make chat . But today now, Dem no know the stress wey I put on the ground to make the song go top. You can imagine now say him dey abuse me because of 10,000 naira wey him give me. No nau!"

And we wey dey try tok say we want to make Ajegunle better yet we dey worsen am more more. Yes, you dey do corrupt music dey use am go shows nothing dey wrong with that, becos you dey use am put food for your table but know where you go dey perform those songs. E get other songs wey him get that time, make him dey perform those songs.

Eedris perform new songs that day? No nau, nah old songs him perform. Even if him perform, "I go mortuary" people go relate to am. But as Nico Gravity see children, him suppose change.

I further monitored Wale Akeem's response to Gravity, who Gravity mistook to be DJ Ruff Lemon. Wale Akeem an OAP with Ray Power was also very vocal in his defence of Eedris and Ruff Lemon.

"If you get hits like Eedris I swear your life for don change" Akeem said. Responding, Gravity said, "Wale Akeem, if I get record label like Kennis music to push me for Africa no artist for reach me. Now wey kennis dump am, how market? Me, all my efforts na by myself!"

Before this comment, Gravity had this to say on his Facebook page, "Shebi Edrees drop new song, e sink. Shebi Ruff Lemon na Eedrees Slave? Shebi Ruff Lemon dey make music blow? Why then slave champion blogger no fit make him oga new music blow? Shebi Ruff Lemon himsef get new music? Why all sink? Ruff Lemon grow up. I know this is you on another profile since last year! Continue insulting me for Eedrees. I like it so much. That's what I feed on. Just let am know say I really like wetin hin do for that Show for Odion Ighalo 02 Arena and I want pay am back by using yabbis resurrect him dead music career! Na why I tag you no for you to dey fool yourself dey throw stupid talk give me for your wall. I can block you but I won't. Just take my message to your master as you chose to be a slave and fight against people wey dey look you like a man."

Eedris who himself has been controversial, has recently picked on Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. His stint with Kennis Music was brought to an end after his Nigeria Jagajaga hit song, but that has never left him out of the music scene with him taking swipes at Timaya and DBanj whom he said does not have talent. Recall in 2017, the Legendary Nigerian singer said Timaya wouldn't have been successful if not for the confidence he gave him which helped shaped up his career.

Timaya later responded to Eedris in a video, where he called him an idiot and a dirty Igbo smoker.

Gravity has since promised to do a hit track dissing Eedris Abdulkareem, but reminded DJ Ruff Lemon that, "Bro I have no business with you. Go tell your oga wetin I tell you, otherwise stay your own and Continue making other artists blow while failing to make your own songs and your oga own songs blow. I no go reply to you again.

I agree I really need to upgrade because my aim is high. I never even near where I dey aim to reach but you wey dey claim Linda Ikeji, try make your own music or your oga music blow naa? Abi any artist wey suffer spend money do promo you go dey claim say na you push dem blow? Doctor heal yourself! You get some songs wey I see you dey push dat year, if you're so good why all of dem sink?"

We seem, not to have heard the last of this banter. Community Watch Plus promise to keep you updated on this latest saga.

1 Share

Re: Nico Gravity Vs Eedris Abdulkareem Saga: by immortalcrown(m): 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2022
Peakline:
"Coincidence be say e just happen, destiny be say God talk say e go happen. So when you dey for front as a child and somebodi dey sing song about wetin your mama take bring you come you come stand here dey dance, you be stupid pickin, you no go dey successful for your life."

Eedris suppose to perform Oko Ashawo, but wen we see children, him say Ruff, remove that track, let's perform other songs because him get children for house. If nah adult show nau him fit sing anything; If e like naked for stage e no concern anybody"

And we wey dey try tok say we want to make Ajegunle better yet we dey worsen am more more. Yes, you dey do corrupt music dey use am go shows nothing dey wrong with that, becos you dey use am put food for your table but know where you go dey perform those songs. E get other songs wey him get that time, make him dey perform those songs.

Before this comment, Gravity had this to say on his Facebook page, "Shebi Edrees drop new song, e sink. Shebi Ruff Lemon na Eedrees Slave? Shebi Ruff Lemon dey make music blow? Why then slave champion blogger no fit make him oga new music blow? Shebi Ruff Lemon himsef get new music? Why all sink? Ruff Lemon grow up. I know this is you on another profile since last year! Continue insulting me for Eedrees. I like it so much. That's what I feed on. Just let am know say I really like wetin hin do for that Show for Odion Ighalo 02 Arena and I want pay am back by using yabbis resurrect him dead music career! Na why I tag you no for you to dey fool yourself dey throw stupid talk give me for your wall. I can block you but I won't. Just take my message to your master as you chose to be a slave and fight against people wey dey look you like a man."
Truth is bitter and the easiest way to make people hate you is by saying the truth. Eedris told the children the necessary truth. Only hypocrisy would make an artiste withhold such truth because another artiste would feel bad. Eedris did not attack Nicco Gravity. Eedris only scolded the children verbally and it was necessary. He himself removed his vulgar song in his own performance in the same show, which means living by example.

Eedris Abdulkareem is the only Nigerian hiphop artiste that has been consistent with truth. Even the quest for fame and money and his arrest by Obasanjo regime have not strayed him from the legacy. African China is the next to Eedris, before you can talk of Falz or Burna Boi. But Eedris is not getting the honour he deserves because Nigerians hate who loves them and support who does not sincerely care for them. When 2015 election campaign was starting, Eedris released a track, titled Shine Ur Eyes, that is exclusively about Bubu's biography. In that song, Eedris told Nigerians not to enter one chance, meaning that Nigerians should avoid Bubu. When Chibok girls were kidnapped and the terrorism affected NYSC in the North, Eedris released a song titled Aluta Continua. When Covid-19 became controversial and Nigerian health minister said Chinese doctors who entered Nigeria are missing, Eedris released a song titled Ojoro. Eedris, in the same Ojoro song, also addressed the issue of Bubu saying Lazy youths. Concerning IPOB and Biafra, Eedris did Jaga Jaga remix.

The most amazing thing is that Eedris never use sentiment in his satirical songs, he presents facts. Eedris rescued Timaya's career and Timaya has not denied it till date. According to Eedris in an intervie that can be found on YouTube, Timaya wanted to be a Reggae artiste. Eedris advised Timaya to start with the history of Timaya's place (Bayelsa) and that was how Timaya composed Bayelsa Otu and Dem Mama. These two songs undeniably announced Timaya to the world.

Eedris is the only Nigerian artiste that summoned courage to act against the unfair treatment Nigerian celebrities face in Nigeria. That was his fight with 50 Cents. Eedris said Nigerians are the ones patronizing Nigeria Breweries (NB). He said why would NB use the money it makes from Nigerians to give 50 Cents preferential treatment? He said NB should pay him the same amount that 50 Cents charged. He said his hotel room, flight ticket and other things should be of the same standard with the ones provided for 50 Cents. Other Nigerian artistes who entered the same plane sat in business class because of inferiority complex but Eedris occupied a seat in the business class reserved for 50 Cents. Even before the fight happened in the plane, those other Nigerian artiste were saying that 50 Cents would deal with Eedris if 50 Cents meets Eedris in the business class.

If Eedris is a troublesome person, he would have been found guilty of wronging many people. Eedris has a beautiful wife and good children. Nico Gravity should try a diss track against Bubu since making diss songs is Nico's destiny.
Re: Nico Gravity Vs Eedris Abdulkareem Saga: by illicit(m): 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2022
I love Timaya
Re: Nico Gravity Vs Eedris Abdulkareem Saga: by triple996(m): 7:35pm On Feb 17, 2022
Thugs fight grin

(1) (Reply)

“I Lived In A One Room Apartment With My 3 Brothers ”, Annie Idibia / Man Reveals Condition A ‘baba’ Gave Him And His Bestfriend To Make Them Rich / Ex Miss Nollywood international Princess Erad Eradiri celebrates daughter's birt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.