Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Here Are 3books That Changed My Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Here Are 3books That Changed My Life (599 Views)

Which Book Changed Your Life? / Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny / 10 Pictures That Clearly Illustrates How Time Has Really Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are 3books That Changed My Life by mercygrey177(f): 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
I'm a lazy reader, we all, when I mean we all I mean my *fellow lazy readers* �. sometimes we just want the summary and not the details, and when we finally decide to read a book, a novel, inspirational and so on we take weeks going on months to finish.
Over time I decided on my own to develop the art of reading I would take a book that interests me and give myself a deadline to finish. when I started it wasn't successful cause I had other things clustered about that took my time. sometimes I would start and when my favorite show is on I would leave the book and forget about it for days even though I was enjoying it. I discovered a book that taught me how to get things done. it was 3 books the introduction was so igniting and inviting. I felt I could just read them at once. when I saw various referrals on these books I knew I had to read them. But my problem was 'will I finish them' and I did eventually through the help of the first book 'Deep work' these books were;

DEEP WORK
I decided to start with deep work, and I'm glad I did cause it helped me develop the art of reading, not just reading it helped to know how to share my focus, concentrate, and get maximum achievement in any activity. According to Cal Newport, deep work is the ability to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task. He explained that deep work will make you better at what you do and provide a sense of true fulfillment. I realized my issue with getting anything done completely without any break or leaving it unfinished was a lack of focus. this book will help you escape the state of bewilderment and help you adopt a state where 'concentration is so intense that there is no attention left to think about anything. I have always had a flair for writing, novel, short story but always moving from one story to another. This book taught how to curb distractions in other to get maximum results.

EAT THAT FROG
Having laid the foundation through deep work. Eat the frog only took me 3days to finish which was very on like me. Asides from that the book taught me a lot. Brian Tracy demonstrates how important it is to set clear priorities and handle the task with the highest priority, in addition, she noted that the task that can be postponed are tasks with low priorities. with this book I was able to set my daily to-do-list making sure I write at least 3 pages a day on my novel. if you are struggling with your to-do list make sure to read this.

ATOMIC HABITS
if you go to a self-development bookshelf you will find this book. After reading to the end, this book is a good start for anyone who wants to start improving in themselves. one way to make significant changes is to develop good, valuable habits. Atomic habits tell us how to build habits starting from the tiniest. I was glad to know that the content in the book is practical and can really be practiced not just teachings.

If you would love to read any of these books. download on Z-library.com.

1 Like

Re: Here Are 3books That Changed My Life by jey4all(m): 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
Where can I get this books
Re: Here Are 3books That Changed My Life by mercygrey177(f): 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
jey4all:
Where can I get this books

Zlibrary.com
Re: Here Are 3books That Changed My Life by HRSweetness(f): 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
mercygrey177:

Zlibrary.com

Thank you.

Will check them out immediately.

(1) (Reply)

Motivation Book In Nigeria Languages / Project Topics And The Materials For Students / Don't Miss This Opportunity. Prove Your Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.