Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,744 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny (24130 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
Igbo Nigerian writer Chimanda Adichie, has mentioned 4 writers whom she said inspired her to go into writing.

From what she said, if not for these writers, we wouldn’t be blessed with such interesting books as Half Of A Yellow Sun and Americana.

Speaking at the Face Of Okija beauty pageant, she said;

"Igboland produced great writers, if Chinua Achebe, Flora Nwapa and Chi Emecheta and Chukwuemeka Nkem had not written the books they did, when and how they did, I would not have had the emotional courage to write my own books and so today I honor them and I stand respectfully in their shadow."

Source: http://www.igbodefender.com/2019/01/27/chimamanda-adichie-names-the-4-writers-that-changed-her-destiny/

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by Kellibae(f): 8:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
Amanda my role model.

Modified.. Afonjas are really insecure people.
So Amanda mentioned her influencers in writing and they are crying and wailling because she didn't mention YORUBA undecided

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2019
mtcheew!!
none of them reach wole soyinka thumb

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by martineverest(m): 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
op,Which one is 'igbo Nigerian’ again? that's tribalistic of u

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by lawrenzi(m): 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
I love you chi

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by babyfaceafrica: 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
next
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2019

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by czarina(f): 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
kolaxed98:
mtcheew!!

Bigot

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by chiefolododo(m): 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
WOLE SOYINKA IS FAR BETTER THAN ALL OF THEM COMBINED TOGETHER

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by Iamkuttie(m): 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
If only all this Cheap slayqueens will trail this lady's part...

Just if only...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by thesicilian: 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
So no inspiration from any non igbo writer.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by Venusman(m): 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
Okay:
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by emeijeh(m): 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
kolaxed98:
much e e wl !!

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by goldenfrosh(m): 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
kolaxed98:
mtcheew!!

Your brain is on recession..... Stop thinking with your buttocks.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by datopaper(m): 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
She is great. Can you name that you have help
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by itiswellandwell: 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
Beautiful. Thanks for showcasing your talent around the world thus making Nigeria proud.

8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/4972442/clearance-sales-
quality-8gb-atm
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by Melison(m): 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
kolaxed98:
mtcheew!!

Ur level of senselessness deserves accolades,

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by Melison(m): 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lady wey sabi,thumbs up beauty with brains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by PearlStreet(m): 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
martineverest:
op,Which one is 'igbo Nigerian’ again? that's tribalistic of u

Bro, that's the sad truth.

That's how most Igbos see other Nigerians. Igbos and others.

Chinua Achebe carried this same bitterness in him and that's why he wrote the last piece of trash he wrote. In fact, GEJ was so pissed that he didn't give Chinua Achebe a state burial and Chinua was buried like a dog.

Do you know that till today, as eternally stupid as it sounds, most Igbos still blame Soyinka for not allowing Chinua Achebe win a Nobel.

One was arguing with me last year that Achebe didn't win a Nobel cos he supported Biafra. I had to remind him the Soyinka supported Biafra and in fact, was jailed for supporting Biafra. As at when Soyinka was jailed for Biafra, Chinua Achebe was travelling around the world, sleeping with college girls in America.

Chumamanda is just a chip off the old block: clannish, tribalistic, bitter and frustrated feminist.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by PearlStreet(m): 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
[s]
Melison:

Ur level of senselessness deserves accolades,
[/s]

He said the bitter truth. Swallow it with akpu.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by PearlStreet(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
thesicilian:
So no inspiration from any non igbo writer.

She's suffering from persecution complex.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
Everything just tire me

Rope or pills

Bullets or knifes
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by godwinstringed1(m): 9:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
wink
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by Sabiman(m): 9:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
Igbo Amaka cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by phekima(m): 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
Logical, her writings are beautifully nuanced with Igbo traditions. Forget Wole Soyinka; when it comes to telling a beautiful story, Prof doesn't really come close to any of 'em.

From the dawn of time, the Igbos have always been great storytellers, while the Yorubas on the other hand, extremely excellent poets.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by oshalomo: 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
igbodefender:
Igbo Nigerian writer Chimanda Adichie, has mentioned 4 writers whom she said inspired her to go into writing.

From what she said, if not for these writers, we wouldn’t be blessed with such interesting books as Half Of A Yellow Sun and Americana.

Speaking at the Face Of Okija beauty pageant, she said;

"Igboland produced great writers, if Chinua Achebe, Flora Nwapa and Chi Emecheta and Chukwuemeka Nkem had not written the books they did, when and how they did, I would not have had the emotional courage to write my own books and so today I honor them and I stand respectfully in their shadow."

Source: http://www.igbodefender.com/2019/01/27/chimamanda-adichie-names-the-4-writers-that-changed-her-destiny/
somebody is missing in ur list lady
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
kolaxed98:
mtcheew!!

lol ode i know u wer hoping to see ur cultist proffesor on the list grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny by omoteacher(m): 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

One of the few intelligent beauty with brains we still have in naija.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Untitled Fiction / How To Say "I Love You" In Different Languages / Republic Day Speech In Marathi Language | 26 January Speech In Marathi Pdf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.