Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi (31607 Views)

Nosa Rex Buys A Car For His Wife, Deborah (Photos) / Hoodlums Attack Luciano Okere In Abuja After Night Club Engagement / Nosa Rex Blasts Richard Mofe-Damijo RMD Over Clems Onyeka Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by niggadee(m): 7:44am On Feb 19, 2022
[quote author=CSTRR post=110349724]
You must be joking.

The binis were the greatest empire in your part of the Niger and probably even in West Africa.

If it was in the olden days, the Yoruba king of your village would be paying tribute so that the bini king will not take you and your village as slaves.[/quotes lmao
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by niggadee(m): 7:45am On Feb 19, 2022
same old story I’ve heard before greatest empire blah blah, africa is widely noted for its high levels of ethnic diversity there’s loads of sophisticated empires in africa bini empire is not even on top 10 lists
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by niggadee(m): 8:38am On Feb 19, 2022
Yureyes:

I understand that Nigeria ha it’s 3 largest ethnic group thing. But people should be sensible enough to know that everyone does not belong to those 3 tribes
It's cool for minority tribe like bini making a false claimed that bini kindom birthed yoruba race and civilisation also claimed ife head belong to bini kindom. they want they culture to be respected but treat others like trash
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by niggadee(m): 8:45am On Feb 19, 2022
mastermaestro:

Bigoted riffraff. sad When whites treat you like piece of shit abroad, you scream racism. Now look at the language you are using on an entire nationality.
Tribe and race are totally different come back to me when you have something reasonable in your thick skull
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by mamaafrik(m): 8:45am On Feb 19, 2022
Centcanada:
Igbo and Yoruba again?
for Lagos in 20 years time it'll be an even mixture of ibo and Yoruba family.
But i noticed that most of the ladies are Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by mamaafrik(m): 8:57am On Feb 19, 2022
Blitzerz:

Shatup dia.
Don't talk what you don't know.
Ogunbusuyi is yoruba.

Ogunsuyi, Obasuyi, Osasuyi.... Etc are Bini names.

Uyi means respect or adoration....in Bini.... Hence the suffix to deities or royalty.....

Argue with sense next time.
iyi is respect in Yoruba,a large chunk of delta and edo state are both Yoruba affiliated.
Ogunsuyi was coined from oguns'uyi ,suyi mean spring forth , Ogunsuyi =God of Iron spring forth or bear respect.

1 Like

Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by mamaafrik(m): 9:00am On Feb 19, 2022
BSdetector:

Which stupid bini royalty are you talking about.... plus since when where bini people known to worship ogun...

Ògúnṣùyi means that Ogun (the god of iron in Yoruba religion) made/creates honor in Yoruba language. Stop smoking shit
no mind them jare ,many are high on taba

1 Like

Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by mamaafrik(m): 9:03am On Feb 19, 2022
Blitzerz:

Going by Ur logic,

It means "Obasuyi"or is Yoruba too?

Olodo.
Its obvious you smoke shit for a living
Oba is king now both in bini and Yoruba land.
Okay tell me ,what does ogun mean in bini?

1 Like

Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by smith2019: 9:03am On Feb 19, 2022
Na Edo and igbo
Centcanada:
Igbo and Yoruba again?
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by smith2019: 9:05am On Feb 19, 2022
No mixed full Edo bini trybe
BSdetector:

She's probably mixed.....her mum might be from Edo state.
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Bastardlyrich: 9:44am On Feb 19, 2022
I just pity the guy,if that girl is yoribadd,he should better retreat.if it's Benin it might.
Perhaps yorubaddd girls are extremely dirtyy and don't wash their pant plus they mess too much.and juju sef

Aword is enough for the wise.
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Blitzerz: 10:17am On Feb 19, 2022
mamaafrik:

Oba is king now both in bini and Yoruba land.
Okay tell me ,what does ogun mean in bini?
Ogun is god of iron.

Why not
Answer the first question?
Is Obasuyi Yoruba?
What of Osasuyi?

Or why is there no "sangosuyi" in Yoruba?
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Dminister(m): 11:02am On Feb 19, 2022
BSdetector:

Stop smoking sh!t
She is Bini . Ogunsuyi is Bini Name, Ogunsuyi is a very large family in Benin City and the name is one of the popular names amongst Bini names.

3 Likes

Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by kechywillz(m): 11:44am On Feb 19, 2022
Aksnoopy:
Foolish boy, so you didn't see any Igbo girl to marry. It's an afonja girl that you feel is good for you.
You will regret it, believe you me!
Stop been silly boy,grow up ,the word has gone past that stage
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by kechywillz(m): 11:47am On Feb 19, 2022
Bastardlyrich:
I just pity the guy,if that girl is yoribadd,he should better retreat.if it's Benin it might.
Perhaps yorubaddd girls are extremely dirtyy and don't wash their pant plus they mess too much.and juju sef

Aword is enough for the wise.
You need to stop these,grow up man
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Blitzerz: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2022
mamaafrik:
iyi is respect in Yoruba,a large chunk of delta and edo state are both Yoruba affiliated.
Ogunsuyi was coined from oguns'uyi ,suyi mean spring forth , Ogunsuyi =God of Iron spring forth or bear respect.
So "Iyi" (as seen in Ogunbiyi)?
is now "Uyi'.....

Na wa

The other one arguing said something else.

Hmmmmm..... The truth is gradually coming out.
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by mastermaestro(m): 11:57am On Feb 19, 2022
BSdetector:

Do simple research....lazy man

Proud boy, take correction.

Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Aksnoopy: 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
kechywillz:

Stop been silly boy,grow up ,the word has gone past that stage
Any Igbo man who still think of marrying outside his tribe is just being utterly stupid.

Don't quote me, my younger brother is married to a lady from Ekiti.
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by chiipink(f): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
mightyhaze:
bini

She is yoruba
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by chiipink(f): 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
Anything Okeke is traumatic for me. It is very deep Nothing against the tribe, but that name.... I pray to get over it.

Wetin okeke ur bf do u..?
Does that make all okeke bad?
Hmm black man and reasoning.
U are educated enuff not to rrason this way i bliv
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
chiipink:

Wetin okeke ur bf do u..?
Does that make all okeke bad?
Hmm black man and reasoning.
U are educated enuff not to rrason this way i bliv
It has nothing to do with "black man". I wrote that I want to get over it. So, you should have considered the sentence before making this conclusion. As a matter of fact, God compelled me to start talking to one Okeke. Seriously, I am forcing it cos I hate the person. As in....real deep hatred. A very deep one. But I think God saw it and may affect me. But I obeyed. It was not easy, but I did. And to say that Invictus Obi is Okeke is a huge reason I justified my action then. God even told me I am responsible for the Okeke person. Really, I fought it. And thankfully, the person is not close again. That's my saving grace. Just relieved. If the Okeke returns, I have no choice but to take the fellow like myself cos it's direct instruction. I do not ever pray for the Okeke to return. I don't ever want it to happen so I can tell God that...you see...I tried my best. I'm damn serious. That day the Okeke gave me an excuse, I was like God works in mysterious ways. grin I think He only wanted to see if I was going to obey. GOD knows I hate that Okeke. Yes, I do. With everything inside me, I hate that Okeke. But I want to not hate the person.
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Aaay: 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
Really
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2022
BSdetector:

Lol..... it's not only ogunrobo, it's esurobo..... there's Yoruba areas in Edo state, she's a Yoruba from Edo state and not a bini.....just as you can't call an auchi man a bini person.

Benin have names like Idusuyi, Obasuyi and you think Ogunsuyi isn’t a thing in Bini?

3 Likes

Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Thatssobeyonce(f): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Thatssobeyonce(f): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
naija4life247:

You say wetin ?

Do u want to remain single all your life?
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Thatssobeyonce(f): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
GoldBoss1:
more like Ubi Franklin

Ubi franklin, I've kinda forgotten who that person is.
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by theamazonguru(m): 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
Can you see the joy in her eyes.
See that divine expression on her face.
This is what I am talking about.
The guy na real bobo.
He knows exactly where they both stand in the relationship.
Not some sort of deceit. Just because you have been buying her sharmawa, ice cream, fast food almost everyday or weekends, bra, pants, shoes, bag, tfare before and after sex, urgent 2k every now and then, airtime, data sub. You might have been doing all these, yet it doesn't not guarantee your place in that ship, bros, you have simply been a meal ticket to her.
Some guys have even sacrificed their own school fees for her so he would be able to write the semester examination - you are simply a fool, you thought you were in a relationship, yes you have been in a relationship with yourself and not with her.

How can you be dating someone and not know exactly where you stand with her to the point that you go on public display of stupidity.
You go on your knees to propose,next thing you hear is taaaaaaaaah taaaaaaaaaaaaah (hot slap).

May God not allow my sons belong to this gang of SIMP, paying the bills but being a MUMU in reality.
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

You guys want to start again ? How on earth would anyone say a name or any name for that matter with the prefix - "Ogun" is a Bini or whatever name when it is historically,a known fact that "Ogun" (Yoruba god of Iron) is a Yoruba deity whose ancestral home is in Ire -Ekiti,Ekiti state ? Ogun,Sango,Obatala,Oya,IFA,
Osun,etc are all culturally and historically Yoruba deities. According to IFA corpus,all these deities once lived as humans on earth and they were all Yoruba. For instance ,Sango (half Yoruba and half Nupe) - Yoruba god of Thunder - was the 3rd Alaafin of Oyo !

It is therefore laughable for anybody to claim such name as "Ogunsuyi" or similar ones as Bini name or think that culturally or historically it has anything to do with Bini ! The truth is that just like the word "Oba" - king in Yoruba is not originally a word in Bini language or culture,it is the same with "Ogun". The word " Oba" was never known in Bini language or tongue not until Oranmiyan - the Ife prince became the first Oba of Benin. Ogunsuyi has no meaning in Bini language as a matter of fact !

You guys should rest,please ! Yoruba ain't competing with anyone o jare !

Will you guys be smart? No one is disputing the ancestral home of “Ogun”. I already admitted both cultures have some similarities. Bini people worship ogun too. Learn your history, it’s only normal for cultures to exchange language or values. There are some words in English today that is Latin or French. Because Ogun is a deity in Yoruba doesn’t mean everyone that has Ogun has in their name is Yoruba. Ogun is a god in Bini too, yes it was gotten from Yoruba, does it make the worshippers less of a Bini man?

Nobody cares about where the deity is from. Nobody is in any stupid competition with you guys. Benin have names like Obasuyi and Idusuyi and you think Ogunsuyi is a foreign name? You aren’t even Benin and you say Ogunsuyi have no meaning in Benin.

So because “Oba” was not a word before a certain point does that mean we do not have a meaning for Oba? Are you even making sense?

Do you know what Uyi means in Benin?

Why am I even talking about Bini with outsiders sef? I’m done

3 Likes

Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by xjiggy: 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
Centcanada:
Igbo and Yoruba again?
she's a Benin girl.
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

You guys want to start again ? How on earth would anyone say a name or any name for that matter with the prefix - "Ogun" is a Bini or whatever name when it is historically,a known fact that "Ogun" (Yoruba god of Iron) is a Yoruba deity whose ancestral home is in Ire -Ekiti,Ekiti state ? Ogun,Sango,Obatala,Oya,IFA,
Osun,etc are all culturally and historically Yoruba deities. According to IFA corpus,all these deities once lived as humans on earth and they were all Yoruba. For instance ,Sango (half Yoruba and half Nupe) - Yoruba god of Thunder - was the 3rd Alaafin of Oyo !

It is therefore laughable for anybody to claim such name as "Ogunsuyi" or similar ones as Bini name or think that culturally or historically it has anything to do with Bini ! The truth is that just like the word "Oba" - king in Yoruba is not originally a word in Bini language or culture,it is the same with "Ogun". The word " Oba" was never known in Bini language or tongue not until Oranmiyan - the Ife prince became the first Oba of Benin. Ogunsuyi has no meaning in Bini language as a matter of fact !

You guys should rest,please ! Yoruba ain't competing with anyone o jare !

1) oduduwa, orammiyan, ogiso are made up stories, they never existed ! They are myths. You really know nothing about history.

2) the word "Oba" is the title of the king of Benin, just like the word "king" is the title of the overall ruler of England ! People like you confuse present and past and myth and reality.

3)Yoruba as we have it today is a recent creation which regroups several ethnic groups: freed slaves, and some kingdoms or chiefdoms of the southwest. Each one of those kingdoms had their own title which is also their word for king: in ife, it is Oni, in oyo, it is alafin...
The title Oba was copied by the yoruba around the 1930's as a replacement for the word "sir":

4)Indeed, yoruba monarchs used to be referred to as: "ooni of Ife, sir adesoji aderemi". Then they made an other adjustment later on in the colonial era and replace the English word "sir" with the Benin title of the king of Kings "Oba" and it became: "ooni of Ife, oba adesoji aderemi"

5)I don't know about "Ogun", so I can't say, although I know Ekiti was part of Benin when the British invaded in 1897.
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2022
How different kingdoms call their kings:

1) Russia: tsar
2) France: roi
3) England: king
4) ottoman: sultan
5) Germany: keiser
6) Rome: Cesare
7) Benin: Oba
8 ) oyo: alafin
9) Ife: oni

Now, why a people A will start claiming that an other people B's title for king belongs to A is beyond me...you guys copied the title of our king of kings and now you are claiming it is alien to us and belongs to you ! And as arguments, you are using a made up story of some mythical creatures named orammiyan and oduduwa... Get serious.
Re: Luciano Okeke Proposes To His Girlfriend, Nosa Ogunsuyi by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
There is only one king, there is only one Cesare, there is only one keiser, there is only one Oba, there is only one alafin.

Just like the title king was copied by much of the kingdoms within the British empire to name their overall monarchs, the word Oba was copied by "yoruba" monarchs, it is time to own up and stop telling lies or fairytales.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uriel Oputa Crushing On A Guy 5 Years Younger Than Her / Ini Edo Stuns In Akwa-Ibom Native Attires / PDP Presidential Primary Loss: Saraki Welcomed Back To Ilorin By Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.