Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer (602 Views)

19-Year-Old Virgin Graduates From Taraba State University As She Celebrates (Pix / Justin Chukwudi Olewuezi Graduates From Russian University As A Medical Doctor / War Of Words As Nigerian English Recognised By Oxford English Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by IamV: 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2022
A Nigerian man, Emmanuel Ikechukwu Umeonyihirioha has been appointed as the first Igbo language lecturer at Oxford University.

The young man took to his Twitter handle on Thursday to make the announcement.

According to him, this is the first time the Igbo language will be taught at the University as he promised to promote the culture and language of people from Southeast Nigeria.

His tweet reads, “It is official that I am the first official Igbo Language lecturer at the number one university in the world, the University of Oxford. Our induction happened today by Marion Sadoux, Head of Modern Language Programmes, University of Oxford Language Centre."

This became possible in account of the James Currey Society. This is the first time Igbo language will be taught at the university. History has been made".

“I am so happy and grateful for this opportunity. I promise to make the Igbo language and culture known to the world.

“First class starts next week Thursday, 3-4pm, on 12 Woodstock Road.” of people from Southeast Nigeria.

His tweet reads, “It is official that I am the first official Igbo Language lecturer at the number one university in the world, the University of Oxford. Our induction happened today by Marion Sadoux, Head of Modern Language Programmes, University of Oxford Language Centre.

This became possible in account of the James Currey Society. This is the first time Igbo language will be taught at the university. History has been made.

I am so happy and grateful for this opportunity. I promise to make the Igbo language and culture known to the world.

“First class starts next week Thursday, 3-4pm, on 12 Woodstock Road.

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/18/nigerian-appointed-oxford-university-its-first-igbo-lecturer

laLasticlala, mynd44, let's celebrate this young man,he's one of our own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by IamV: 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2022
Proudly an Igbo boy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by LeoDeKing: 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2022
Igbo is taking over England
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by LeoDeKing: 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2022
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by OBALOLA55(m): 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2022
IamV:
Proudly an igbo boy cheesy
CHECK NAIRALAND THOROUGHLY BEFORE CREATING A THREAD NEXT TIME
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by IamV: 3:39pm On Feb 18, 2022
OBALOLA55:
CHECK NAIRALAND THOROUGHLY BEFORE CREATING A THREAD NEXT TIME
What's your point exactly ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2022
Igbo Amaka to the world
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by OBALOLA55(m): 3:43pm On Feb 18, 2022
IamV:

What's your point exactly ?
DID YOU CHECK FRONT PAGE OF NAIRALAND BEFORE CREATING ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by Proudlyomonna: 3:46pm On Feb 18, 2022
Beautiful, superfluous.
Igbo Amaka
Igbo to the World.
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by IamV: 3:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
OBALOLA55:
DID YOU CHECK FRONT PAGE OF NAIRALAND BEFORE CREATING ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS

Why are you shouting ?

If someone else have created a thread already, and it got to frontpage,great news.
We are not competing,just celebrating a Nigerian doing great in diaspora.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by OBALOLA55(m): 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2022
IamV:

Why are you shouting ?

If someone else have created a thread already, and it got to frontpage,great news.
We are not competing,just celebrating a Nigerian doing great in diaspora.
IT COULD EARN YOU A LENGTHY BAN YOU KNOW
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by IamV: 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2022
OBALOLA55:
IT COULD EARN YOU A LENGTHY BAN YOU KNOW

Blabbing all day is not my stuff.
Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by OBALOLA55(m): 3:55pm On Feb 18, 2022
IamV:

Blabbing all day is not my stuff.
Have a great day.
YOU WILL LEAVE ME WITH NO OPTION THAN TO REPORT YOU IF YOU CONTINUE TELLING ME THAT YA RIGHT
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by IamV: 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
OBALOLA55:
YOU WILL LEAVE ME WITH NO OPTION THAN TO REPORT YOU IF YOU CONTINUE TELLING ME THAT YA RIGHT

Don't go yet,let me get you a taxi that will take you there undecided.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by tonye33(m): 4:08pm On Feb 18, 2022
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by SniperSmurf(m): 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2022
cool nice one sha. cool
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by RoyalBoutique(m): 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
IamV:

Don't go yet,let me get you a taxi that will take you there undecided.

You be wahala man o grin
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by IamV: 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

You be wahala man o grin

Lol, he's the one making a mountain out of a molehill.
Re: Nigerian Appointed By Oxford University As Its First Igbo Lecturer by Ichabodcrane(m): 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2022
So you guys think They added Igbo language cos they want to??
In the future, you guys will understand why they did this. I have a feeling, but I am not sure yet. One thing I am sure of is that these people don't just do things for no reason.

(1) (Reply)

Masters Degree In GEOGRAPHY / ASUU Cannot Dictate Payment Platform For Their Salaries – Nwajiuba / Female Students Plan Nude Protest Over ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.