Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Plagiarism In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Plagiarism In The Bible (700 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plagiarism In The Bible by AntiChristian: 5:48pm On Feb 18, 2022
Oxford online defines Plagiarism as the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

Now since the author of Isaiah and 2 Kings are not the same, then we expect Isaiah 37 and 2 Kings 19 to be very much not similar but in reality it is word for word, Check below:

Isaiah 37:1-14
Jerusalem’s Deliverance Foretold
37 When King Hezekiah heard this, he tore his clothes and put on sackcloth and went into the temple of the Lord. 2 He sent Eliakim the palace administrator, Shebna the secretary, and the leading priests, all wearing sackcloth, to the prophet Isaiah son of Amoz. 3 They told him, “This is what Hezekiah says: This day is a day of distress and rebuke and disgrace, as when children come to the moment of birth and there is no strength to deliver them. 4 It may be that the Lord your God will hear the words of the field commander, whom his master, the king of Assyria, has sent to ridicule the living God, and that he will rebuke him for the words the Lord your God has heard. Therefore pray for the remnant that still survives.”.......................... till end of chapter

2 Kings 19
19 When King Hezekiah heard this, he tore his clothes and put on sackcloth and went into the temple of the Lord. 2 He sent Eliakim the palace administrator, Shebna the secretary and the leading priests, all wearing sackcloth, to the prophet Isaiah son of Amoz. 3 They told him, “This is what Hezekiah says: This day is a day of distress and rebuke and disgrace, as when children come to the moment of birth and there is no strength to deliver them. 4 It may be that the Lord your God will hear all the words of the field commander, whom his master, the king of Assyria, has sent to ridicule the living God, and that he will rebuke him for the words the Lord your God has heard. Therefore pray for the remnant that still survives.”......................till end of chapter.

This is a "word for word" kind of plagiarism.

Now the Author of Isaiah is Prophet Isaiah
While the Author of 2 Kings is Jeremiah
How come they wrote exactly the same thing in just one chapter?

Which author copied the other?

Jesusjnr , cornelboy
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by adeoyekay(m): 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2022
AntiChristian:
Oxford online defines Plagiarism as the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

Now since the author of Isaiah and 2 Kings are not the same, then we expect Isaiah 37 and 2 Kings 19 to be very much not similar but in reality it is word for word, Check below:

37 When King Hezekiah heard this, he tore his clothes and put on sackcloth and went into the temple of the Lord. 2 He sent Eliakim the palace administrator, Shebna the secretary, and the leading priests, all wearing sackcloth, to the prophet Isaiah son of Amoz. 3 They told him, “This is what Hezekiah says: This day is a day of distress and rebuke and disgrace, as when children come to the moment of birth and there is no strength to deliver them. 4 It may be that the Lord your God will hear the words of the field commander, whom his master, the king of Assyria, has sent to ridicule the living God, and that he will rebuke him for the words the Lord your God has heard. Therefore pray for the remnant that still survives.”.......................... till end of chapter

2 Kings 19
19 When King Hezekiah heard this, he tore his clothes and put on sackcloth and went into the temple of the Lord. 2 He sent Eliakim the palace administrator, Shebna the secretary and the leading priests, all wearing sackcloth, to the prophet Isaiah son of Amoz. 3 They told him, “This is what Hezekiah says: This day is a day of distress and rebuke and disgrace, as when children come to the moment of birth and there is no strength to deliver them. 4 It may be that the Lord your God will hear all the words of the field commander, whom his master, the king of Assyria, has sent to ridicule the living God, and that he will rebuke him for the words the Lord your God has heard. Therefore pray for the remnant that still survives.”......................till end of chapter.

Jesusjnr , cornelboy
Find work to do bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2022
Why did Allah and Mohammed plagiarize stories from the BIBLE?
Isn't it obvious that the Koran copied from the BIBLE?
You don't reason at all.

If the Torah and gospel were the only books given by Allah to Jews and christians , and these books has been completely or partially lost, how come the Koran has some similar stories as the BIBLE?

Do you think the revelation given to Moses and Jesus could contain such stories and events?

I told you the Bible's nature is different. It contains real accounts and events.

In my post where I showed you how Allah can't be the same God of Moses, the laws Mohammed gave that were supposedly revealed to him from God contrast the laws given to Moses.

The laws given to Moses about adultery and divorce prove Mohammed to be a false prophet and an aldulterer.
I can understand why you haven't responded to the post smiley

You could come and say Mohammed was an exception. He was given special privileges by Allah grin

Even Jesus lived a sinless and perfect life.

Why would someone that claimed to be the seal of prophets bring another law that's contrary to the ones first established?
The problem is not bringing another law and religion, the problem is bringing laws that are substandard to the previous laws.

If Mohammed and Allah had brought more perfect laws and lived according to the laws, he could be considered as a true prophet.

AntiChristian:

2 Kings 19

Jesusjnr , cornelboy

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by elated177: 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

2 Kings 19

Antichristian, I am still looking for where it was stated that it was Jeremiah who wrote 2 Kings. Show me chapter and verse.
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:54am On Feb 19, 2022
elated177:

Antichristian, I am still looking for where it was stated that it was Jeremiah who wrote 2 Kings. Show me chapter and verse.

O! Sorry my bad!

So who wrote it?

Was it also Isaiah?
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:55am On Feb 19, 2022
adeoyekay:
Find work to do bro

I am working!
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:57am On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:
Why did Allah and Mohammed plagiarize stories from the BIBLE?
Isn't it obvious that the Koran copied from the BIBLE?
You don't reason at all.

If the Torah and gospel were the only books given by Allah to Jews and christians , and these books has been completely or partially lost, how come the Koran has some similar stories as the BIBLE?

Do you think the revelation given to Moses and Jesus could contain such stories and events?

I told you the Bible's nature is different. It contains real accounts and events.

In my post where I showed you how Allah can't be the same God of Moses, the laws Mohammed gave that were supposedly revealed to him from God contrast the laws given to Moses.

The laws given to Moses about adultery and divorce prove Mohammed to be a false prophet and an aldulterer.
I can understand why you haven't responded to the post smiley

You could come and say Mohammed was an exception. He was given special privileges by Allah grin

Even Jesus lived a sinless and perfect life.

Why would someone that claimed to be the seal of prophets bring another law that's contrary to the ones first established?
The problem is not bringing another law and religion, the problem is bringing laws that are substandard to the previous laws.

If Mohammed and Allah had brought more perfect laws and lived according to the laws, he could be considered as a true prophet.

The OP is about Isaiah 37 and 2 Kings 19

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 9:36am On Feb 19, 2022
Lol where is your proof that Jeremiah wrote 2 kings? See it's a guess work. It could be anybody from Jeremiah's time.

Why haven't you responded to my comments on how the bible proved your prophet to be a false one and an adulterer?

AntiChristian:

The OP is about Isaiah 37 and 2 Kings 19

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by AntiChristian: 9:40am On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:
Lol where is your proof that Jeremiah wrote 2 kings? See it's a guess work. It could be anybody from Jeremiah's time.

Why haven't you responded to my comments on how the bible proved your prophet to be a false one and an adulterer?

You know that Bible authors are either dubious or unknown in most cases! If not Jeremiah then who? The OP is about plagiarism in your Bible. Stop the diversion!
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 9:49am On Feb 19, 2022
Shut up! This is not the first time you have been avoiding my post about the lawless deeds of your dubious prophet that plagiarize, bible story.

If those authors were dubious, them Allah and Mohammed are dubious too for plagiarizing story from the BIBLE. Unless if you want to take your words back!
Why would Koran have similar story of the bible that was written by dubious authors grin

Ọnà no de reason

How would I know who the authors were.
All that matters is the content of the books na.

AntiChristian:

You know that Bible authors are either dubious or unknown in most cases! If not Jeremiah then who? The OP is about plagiarism in your Bible. Stop the diversion!
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by elated177: 10:42am On Feb 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

O! Sorry my bad!

So who wrote it?

Was it also Isaiah?

Tell me, antichristian. Did anyone compel you to open this thread?
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2022
elated177:

Tell me, antichristian. Did anyone compel you to open this thread?
grin
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:
Shut up! This is not the first time you have been avoiding my post about the lawless deeds of your dubious prophet that plagiarize, bible story.

If those authors were dubious, them Allah and Mohammed are dubious too for plagiarizing story from the BIBLE. Unless if you want to take your words back!
Why would Koran have similar story of the bible that was written by dubious authors grin

Ọnà no de reason

How would I know who the authors were.
All that matters is the content of the books na.

The Bible Book authors do not matter but the content matters! grin grin
How is Numbskull defined?

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by oteneaaron(m): 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

2 Kings 19

Jesusjnr , cornelboy

This your example is small when compared to the many other examples of plagiarism the Bible is guilty of.

Go and read about the Rosetta Stone and the Behistun Rock.

The Bible contains stories and sayings that can be traced to scrolls from ancient Egypt that are thousands of years way older than the writers of the Bible.

If you have read the Egyptian "book of the dead", you will find very uncanny similarities with the Bible.

Even the life and story of Horus is an exact copy of Jesus in the Bible.

Horus was born of a virgin - Isis..

Three wise men/magi came to worship him the day was born..

He turned water to wine..

He raised a man from the dead..

He was also known as Iusa..

See the pictures below of Isis and the baby Horus..

Where do you think Christianity got its concept from?

Ancient Egypt is the cradle of every single religion in existence today.

Don't forget that Egypt is in Northern AFRICA

Go figure!

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2022
Yeah i know what I'm saying.
Jesus said "by their fruit you will know them".

The contents of a book matters. It will clearly define what type of person the author is.
How does not knowing the author of books written more than 1500 years old impede God's Truth from reaching us today?

Take for example Mohammed that claimed to be a prophet but explicitly wrote laws that contradict the laws of previous prophets.

He was given privileges right? Tell me na let's have a fruitful discussion.

Prophets in the bible brought laws and they abided by the laws. They were examples to the people.

For example, i think I mentioned you in a post where I showed various verses in the Koran that talks bout showing kindness to our parents.
Some verses say we should while others say we shouldn't.
Which ones should we follow?
Was the Koran really revealed by God or men's work?

By their fruit you will know them

AntiChristian:

[quote author=AntiChristian post=110358126]

The Bible Book authors do not matter but the content matters! grin grin
How is Numbskull defined?
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by AntiChristian: 1:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:
Yeah i know what I'm saying.
Jesus said "by their fruit you will know them".

The contents of a book matters. It will clearly define what type of person the author is.
How does not knowing the author of books written more than 1500 years old impede God's Truth from reaching us today?

Take for example Mohammed that claimed to be a prophet but explicitly wrote laws that contradict the laws of previous prophets.

He was given privileges right? Tell me na let's have a fruitful discussion.

Prophets in the bible brought laws and they abided by the laws. They were examples to the people.

For example, i think I mentioned you in a post where I showed various verses in the Koran that talks bout showing kindness to our parents.
Some verses say we should while others say we shouldn't.
Which ones should we follow?
Was the Koran really revealed by God or men's work?

By their fruit you will know them

How does this explains the plagiarism in the Bible from OP?
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2022
Why did the glorious koran sent by all wise Allah have some similar story in the Bible that you claimed to be corrupted and was written by dubious authors?

No one can claim the authorship of the book of kings cos it contains long history of kings that ruled in Israel.
It's probably a continuous work done by different scribes from generation to generation.

All we can do is make assumptions cos we weren't there when they were written.

For example, it's crystal clear that Solomon wrote the book of proverbs and Ecclesiastes and song of Solomon cos it was written in the books themselves.

The fact is not all the chapters of Psalms were written by David but Mohammed cos of his half knowledge about the bible said Allah gave Psalms to David.

AntiChristian:

How does this explains the plagiarism in the Bible from OP?
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by elated177: 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
AntiChristian:
grin

Let me ignore you for now, antichristian. You are just wasting you time.

John 6: 43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Yahushua answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by YHVH.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

John 10: 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Antichristian, you are on a sheer and an absolute fruitless exercise.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by Kingdelexy: 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2022
Mohammed is more plagiaristic. do you know quran came to be? do you know how it was compiled ? or maybe you think it dropped from heaven.........
The most anoying thing is you critizise other religions but as it blaphemy when it comes to your religion..

The Quran was collected under the auspices of committee of four senior ranking Companions headed by Zayd ibn Thabit. This compilation was kept by the Caliph Abu Bakr, after his death by his successor, Caliph Umar, who on his deathbed gave them to Hafsa bint Umar, his daughter and one of Muhammad's widows.
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:49am On Feb 20, 2022
cornelboy:
Why did the glorious koran sent by all wise Allah have some similar story in the Bible that you claimed to be corrupted and was written by dubious authors?

No one can claim the authorship of the book of kings cos it contains long history of kings that ruled in Israel.
It's probably a continuous work done by different scribes from generation to generation.

All we can do is make assumptions cos we weren't there when they were written.

For example, it's crystal clear that Solomon wrote the book of proverbs and Ecclesiastes and song of Solomon cos it was written in the books themselves.

The fact is not all the chapters of Psalms were written by David but Mohammed cos of his half knowledge about the bible said Allah gave Psalms to David.

You still haven't explained how Isaiah and 2 Kings got a whole verse plagiarized word for word!

This is the book you claim Qu'ran copied! Books with no known/dubious authors, copyists and compilers!
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 2:37am On Feb 20, 2022
How did stories found in the book written by dubious prophet found in the book Allah gave to Mohammed?

AntiChristian:

You still haven't explained how Isaiah and 2 Kings got a whole verse plagiarized word for word!

This is the book you claim Qu'ran copied! Books with no known/dubious authors, copyists and compilers!
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by AntiChristian: 7:16am On Feb 20, 2022
cornelboy:
How did stories found in the book written by dubious prophet found in the book Allah gave to Mohammed?

Who is the copy cat in your Bible? This your beloved Torah that is failing simple plagiarism test!
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by leofab(f): 8:47am On Feb 20, 2022
Note
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
Who copied from the bible to the Koran, Allah or Mohammed?
Your Koran didn't?

AntiChristian:

Who is the copy cat in your Bible? This your beloved Torah that is failing simple plagiarism test!

(1) (Reply)

Religions vs God / Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For OCTOBER 2023 / Interesting Conversation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.