Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,479 members, 7,954,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:04 AM

Religionists And Audio Amplifiers In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religionists And Audio Amplifiers In Nigeria (520 Views)

Traditional Religionists Should Build TEMPLES Like In The Old Days!!! / How Do You Engage Religionists In Real World? / Religionists: Is Abstinence Really Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religionists And Audio Amplifiers In Nigeria by amor4ce(m): 3:50am On Jun 26, 2011
Audio amplifiers like the microphone, megaphone, and speakers were not invented in or by Nigerians. Yet preachers here and in Lagos especially, both “Christian and Muslim”, use them as if they inspired their invention. They use these inventions to assail ear drums from dusk to dawn, in the open and within their buildings of congregation.

At times, when I wake up at dawn and want to pray/meditate, someone is busy trying to distract me. These evangelists seem to prefer going to residential areas to preach rather than also to police stations and government parastatals like NNPC, PPPRM, the Nigeria Police, NFA, Nitel, and so on. Isn’t this very much unlike John the Baptist? Also, there are the muezzins and calls to prayers. There are also the different churches who hold so many programmes during the week and act like they want to be heard all over the country from their buildings if possible.

How then is the individual to meditate and find quiet time to pray to his MAKER with all concentration except perhaps in the dead of the night? Aren’t these religionists trying hard to make a Babel out of Nigeria? Isn’t there an overdose of avoidable noise pollution already?

I then wonder whether or not this is ignorance or self-induced blindness.
Re: Religionists And Audio Amplifiers In Nigeria by dorox(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2011
Anything goes in Nigeria. Get used to it
Re: Religionists And Audio Amplifiers In Nigeria by amor4ce(m): 2:00am On Jun 27, 2011
But isn't getting used to it is like dancing with the dragon rather than fighting it? I have protested against such in the past but my voice was like the lone one. Others asked me to calm down and I suspect that they were willing to keep quiet because of religion. Nevertheless, is it right for people to use the name of religion to engage in lawlessness?

(1) (Reply)

Tracts For Evangelism / Help Me / The Big Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.