Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,164 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

Why I Can'tCelebrate My87th Birthday While Igboho Is In Detention.Prof.Akintoye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Can'tCelebrate My87th Birthday While Igboho Is In Detention.Prof.Akintoye (300 Views)

Sunday Igboho Is A Hero – Reno Omokri Says As Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Lagos / Kanu Is Getting Is Wrong, While Igboho Is Getting Right. / Rafiu Kolawole: Sunday Igboho Is A Rascal, Not Fit To Fight Yoruba Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Can'tCelebrate My87th Birthday While Igboho Is In Detention.Prof.Akintoye by CyynthiaKiss(f): 9:51am On Feb 19, 2022
Popular Yoruba Historian, Prof Banji Akintoye, has said he and all those who believe in the actualisation of the Yoruba Nation will never allow the Nigerian government to criminalise the struggle.
Akintoye, who is the leader of the umbrella body of Yoruba self-determination groups, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide, further urged supporters to keep the hope alive.

Prof Banji Akintoye

He stated this in a statement signed by the Communications Secretary of the Self-Determination Movement, Maxwell Adeyemi.
Akintoye noted that “The Yoruba Nation is an idea whose time has come.”
The statement reads “Today, I clock 87. I thank God for this unusual grace and favour from God. I am grateful to God for the strength, energy and good health that I am enjoying.
“My message to the Yoruba people worldwide who are passionate for the country of their own is not to lose hope.
“I am more than convinced that we are on our way to freedom. Our agitation is an idea whose time has come. We shall keep the struggle alive, and beyond the manipulation of the Nigerian government.
“We won’t allow the Nigerian Government to criminalise our struggle. The Yoruba people worldwide are urged never to be deterred.”
He added that, “Many Yoruba patriots worldwide planned to celebrate my birthday but I pleaded with them not to do so in honour of my son and one of the heroes of our struggle, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, fondly called Sunday Ighoho, by all of us. I cannot be celebrating my birthday when Ighoho is in detention.”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/18/i-can%E2%80%99t-celebrate-my-87th-birthday-while-sunday-igboho-detention-%E2%80%93-yoruba-nation-leader

Lalasticlala Lalasticlala

Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Can'tCelebrate My87th Birthday While Igboho Is In Detention.Prof.Akintoye by CyynthiaKiss(f): 9:52am On Feb 19, 2022
This man understands what been a father means. He's ready to sacrifice his time for younger generations and generation yet unborn.
More reason he left his comfort zone in united states to ensure good life for his race..

But some urchins have sworn to glue their tongues behind a greedy drug addict that's busy clowing and be chasing shadows all in the name of presidency that will perpetually remain a fantasy to him. No sane Yoruba will support such traitor when he hasn't done or say anything concerning Igboho.. Fulanisss are causing havock all-over the country, they orchestrated the incaseration of Igboho yet Tinubu was busy running pillar to post announcing to the whole world that Yorubas and fulanis are one!! Very unfortunate.

Who would have known Sunday Igboho today if not that Fulanis have sworn to take over Nigeria ?

Yoruba Lagba!!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Can'tCelebrate My87th Birthday While Igboho Is In Detention.Prof.Akintoye by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:14am On Feb 19, 2022
That is loyalty..that is a patriot. Chairman sir,I salute. God bless. You are worthy of emulation. No man left behind is our goal. May God grant you many more years sir. Loud it

1 Like

Re: Why I Can'tCelebrate My87th Birthday While Igboho Is In Detention.Prof.Akintoye by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:16am On Feb 19, 2022
My sister. Seeing evil and challenging it brings lots of discomfort and sufferings but they stood tall. Jesus christ that Christians are shouting today would have been killed by Christians in that era. No prophet is adored in his kingdom.

CyynthiaKiss:
This man understands what been a father means. He's ready to sacrifice his time for younger generations and generation yet unborn.
More reason he left his comfort zone in united states to ensure good life for his race..

1 Like

Re: Why I Can'tCelebrate My87th Birthday While Igboho Is In Detention.Prof.Akintoye by orisa37: 11:31am On Feb 19, 2022
Happy birthday. PROF. May OLODUMARE preserve you for HIMSELF "NI ORUKO ODU-DU-IWA, ASE".

1 Like

Re: Why I Can'tCelebrate My87th Birthday While Igboho Is In Detention.Prof.Akintoye by Jostoman: 1:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
Happy birthday to you professor Akintoye may God continue to protect igboho and Nnamdi kanu in their various detention. Amen. Once again God bless you professor Akintoye.
Re: Why I Can'tCelebrate My87th Birthday While Igboho Is In Detention.Prof.Akintoye by Mooh247: 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2022
Tilumbu this, Tilumbu that

(1) (Reply)

Senator Orji Uzor Kalu: Another Joseph In Disguise - Thisday / Borno Students To Osinbajo: This Is Our Story / Breaking News Happening Now In Nigeria 25/02/2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.