Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim (852 Views)

SE Presidency: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi / Youths Destroy Pius Anyim's Statue In Ebonyi State (Photo) / I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
Former President of the Senate, Anyim Pius Anyim, says he is contesting to be president as a Nigerian with “nationalistic” pedigree and not on ethnicity sentiments, adding that call for an Igbo presidency should be stopped.

“Why promoting Igbo presidency? Am I not a Nigeria even though I am from South-East? You should not promote this ethnicity thing,” Mr Anyim said. “I’m qualified as Nigerian. I have the pedigree that I’m nationalistic. I don’t think I’m limited because of where I am from.”

Mr Anyim made this statement in an interview with Channels TV Friday night when asked of he thinks it is time for president of Igbo extraction in 2023.

He further explained that former President Olusegun Obasanjo was not accepted by people from his region but became president because Nigerians voted for him, adding that President Muhammadu Buhari also failed to win election three times until he formed an alliance with people from the southern region of the country.

“President Obasanjo from South-West became a president not because South-West supported him. They did not want him. They did not support him. Nigerians chose him,” Mr Ayim said. “President Buhari ran for Presidency three times. In those three times, he won major votes in the North but he will become president until he teamed up with the South.”

“So for anybody from the South-East, it is not the South-East that would make you the President. You are going to be President of Nigeria and it is my desire and target to be acceptable to Nigerians. If I’m acceptable to Nigerians and they vote for me, it does not matter where I come from,” he added.

Mr Anyim’s stance comes amidst agitation for a president of Igbo extraction based on arguments that since Nigeria returned to democratic rule in 1999, the South-East, a region that is home to Igbos, one of the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria, has not produced a president.

At the moment, APC national leader Bola Tinubu, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, both from South-West are warming up to replace Mr Buhari come 2023. Similarly, northern aspirants chiefly ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto are also in the 2023 race, ignoring the call for a power shift to the South-East.

https://gazettengr.com/2023-presidency-im-nigerian-not-igbo-says-pius-anyim/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Cc: lalasticlala
Cc: mynd44

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by LeoDeKing: 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2022
You are igbo.

You are a Nigerian.

The two are mutually inclusive.

Yes, we understand your point: A Nigerian first, then igbo, fact.

But if you say you are a Nigerian not igbo, is there any Nigerian that doesn't have a tribe? NO.

But for condemning the "good" act of ipob in the recent killing of Northerners, you stand no chance in Afghaneastern.

Peter Obi stand a better chance for keeping silent in cold complicity even though he supervised the killing of kongo Jews as a governor. undecided

On the final note, okoro can never be president of the "zoo".

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
I think Anyim wants to play the 1999 Obasanjo/Falae scenario.
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by dokyOloye: 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
Why not Zoogeria cheesy
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Datikwerreboi(m): 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
Anyim understands the game of afonjjass who wanna play tribal card . Kudos man

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Datikwerreboi(m): 4:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
LeoDeKing:
You are igbo.

You are a Nigerian.

But if you say you are a Nigerian not igbo, is there any Nigerian that doesn't have a tribe? NO.

But for condemning the "good" act of ipob in the recent killing of Northerners, you stand no chance in Afghaneastern.

Peter Obi stand a better chance for keeping silent in cold complicity even though he supervised the killing of kongo Jews as a governor. undecided

I'm done talking. cool
You're obviously a kid who don't understand why he made such speech. Afonjjass are trying to blackmail Igbo contesters with Biafra and Ipob ,so he got to be sharp

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by colorsofrainbow: 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2022
In 2014,Buhari claimed his driver and in-laws are Igbos till he got there grin grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by LeoDeKing: 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2022
[s]
Datikwerreboi:

You're obviously a kid who don't understand why he made such speech. Afonjjass are trying to blackmail Igbo contesters with Biafra and Ipob ,so he got to be sharp
[/s]
Okoro can never be president of the "zoo".

Take this to gtbank.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Hadone(m): 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2022
Good guy
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Datikwerreboi(m): 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
LeoDeKing:

[s]Okoro can never be president of the "zoo".

Take this to gtbank[/s].
Ok

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Datikwerreboi(m): 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2022
colorsofrainbow:
In 2014,Buhari claimed his driver and in-laws are Igbos till he got there grin grin
That's the politics .only smart ones will understand

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Datikwerreboi(m): 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Myn4 lalticlala
Cry cry cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by smatt1711: 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Jostoman: 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
LeoDeKing:
You are igbo.

You are a Nigerian.

On the final note, okoro can never be president of the "zoo".
trash

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by AbijaJ: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
Common getat. You are a BIAFRAN, ok? That is who you are because Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and Ipob said so.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by 1827scv: 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]
Okoro can never be president of the "zoo".

Take this to gtbank.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Ekpeitit(m): 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
No sir,you are a Biafran not Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
Good boy but that Aso Rock no be your mate sad until your people understand the meaning of leadership

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by jmoore(m): 11:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
Nigeria journalists will have a special place in lake of fire. I am looking for the quote where he said he's not Igbo. I didn't see any.
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Rossikk(m): 11:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
jmoore:
Nigeria journalists will have a special place in lake of fire. I am looking for the quote where he said he's not Igbo. I didn't see any.

lol.....glad u noticed. wink

He never said he wasn't Igbo. cool
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by ERockson: 12:00am On Feb 20, 2022
Untill Anyim recite Quran like Okorocha he's not Nigeria. Sleeping pig
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by oilPUSSY(f): 12:08am On Feb 20, 2022
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun pls before moving to fp modify the headline because what this headline is saying is totally different from the content of the news...

They want to pitch Anyim against his people by trying to create an Impression that he denied being Igbo whereas it's not true...

Shame on some journalists!!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Susu888(m): 3:04am On Feb 20, 2022
Dem don start denying their people grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by BSsniffer: 3:41am On Feb 20, 2022
Garbage......this man is as tribalistic as they come.
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by ebufa: 5:04am On Feb 20, 2022
Esseite:
Former President of the Senate, Anyim Pius Anyim, says he is contesting to be president as a Nigerian with “nationalistic” pedigree and not on ethnicity sentiments, adding that call for an Igbo presidency should be stopped.

“Why promoting Igbo presidency? Am I not a Nigeria even though I am from South-East? You should not promote this ethnicity thing,” Mr Anyim said. “I’m qualified as Nigerian. I have the pedigree that I’m nationalistic. I don’t think I’m limited because of where I am from.”

Mr Anyim made this statement in an interview with Channels TV Friday night when asked of he thinks it is time for president of Igbo extraction in 2023.

He further explained that former President Olusegun Obasanjo was not accepted by people from his region but became president because Nigerians voted for him, adding that President Muhammadu Buhari also failed to win election three times until he formed an alliance with people from the southern region of the country.

“President Obasanjo from South-West became a president not because South-West supported him. They did not want him. They did not support him. Nigerians chose him,” Mr Ayim said. “President Buhari ran for Presidency three times. In those three times, he won major votes in the North but he will become president until he teamed up with the South.”

“So for anybody from the South-East, it is not the South-East that would make you the President. You are going to be President of Nigeria and it is my desire and target to be acceptable to Nigerians. If I’m acceptable to Nigerians and they vote for me, it does not matter where I come from,” he added.

Mr Anyim’s stance comes amidst agitation for a president of Igbo extraction based on arguments that since Nigeria returned to democratic rule in 1999, the South-East, a region that is home to Igbos, one of the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria, has not produced a president.

At the moment, APC national leader Bola Tinubu, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, both from South-West are warming up to replace Mr Buhari come 2023. Similarly, northern aspirants chiefly ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto are also in the 2023 race, ignoring the call for a power shift to the South-East.

https://gazettengr.com/2023-presidency-im-nigerian-not-igbo-says-pius-anyim/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Cc: lalasticlala
Cc: mynd44

Anytime I see this detestable buffoon I just feel like puking........There is nothing to redeem this one! your typical fat and indolent Nigerian politician, clueless and without principles! All this mumu did as SGF was to sell national honours to the highest bidders..........while the Fulanis ran political circles around him and his principal Jonathan. Anyim you are cringe worthy...!
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by LaRosa01: 11:42am On Feb 20, 2022
I am beginning to like this guy, this is the first igbo man who has understand why the igbos have been refused president. Nigeria would never allow an igbo President that in noway means we would refuse a President of Nigeria from igbo extraction, I join my voice in saying if GEJ refuses to run then you are beginning to pick my attention.
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Invictuse: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
Anyim should go n die in hellfire
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Truthisunique2: 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

you are right

I watched the interview Seun okinbaloye is an asshole he kept on bringing this igbo sentiment
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m Nigerian, Not Igbo, Says Pius Anyim by Datikwerreboi(m): 1:17pm On Feb 20, 2022
Invictuse:
Anyim should go n die in hellfire
Well Tinubu is closer and already in hellfire already grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Obasanjo And Atiku Finish Closed Door Meeting, Reach Understanding On / Fuel Scarcity Worsen In Ibadan As People Now Hold Fuel Tank to buy fuel (video) / Mcc Road Construction Work In Progress The Mcc/uratta Road In The Owerri Capita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.