Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo (20405 Views)

Nigeria Needs More Than A Good Man As President – Chidoka Shades Peter Obi / Nigeria Needs More Rebels To Move Forward —Obasanjo / We Need More Rebels In Nigeria.. Olusegun Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Omooba77: 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said the Nigerian nation “needs more rebels” to speak the truth to power without minding whose ox is gored.

This, according to Obasanjo, is one of the greatest steps towards rebuilding the nation.

Obasanjo spoke on Saturday during the unveiling of the autobiography of the Babanla Adinni of Egbaland, Chief Tayo Sowunmi, in Abeokuta, ‘Footprints Of A Rebel’, to commemorate his 80th birthday.

Speaking at the event, Obasanjo noted that for Nigeria to move forward, it requires those he called “rebels” who would stand and speak the truth without fear or favour.

The Balogun Owu maintained that whoever wants to live a life of honesty and integrity must be a rebel.

His words: “Looking at the title of the book, I ask myself, why would someone call himself a rebel. But it is good.

“But the truth is that if you have to leave a life of honesty and integrity, you have to become a rebel. There would be some time you would be asked to do something, but you would say no, this is not right. And when you say that, you will become a rebel. You may even become a persona non grata.

“This is our country, there is no country that we can call our own except Nigeria. Our country, Nigeria, needs more of rebels. Those who would look at things straight in the face and say this is not right; this, I will not be part of; this is not good for Nigeria.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/02/19/nigeria-needs-more-rebels-obasanjo/

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
Lol... grin

I still love Obasanjo...

Nigeria needs a dictator...

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by TossTos: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
The Blunt Truth , for long i thought i am the only one saying this .

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by kollinzgee(m): 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
We need two more groups like ipob but your tribesmen are too weak truth is bitter.

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Flexherbal(m): 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
Nicely said.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by LegendHero(m): 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
I disagree partially sir.

Nigeria need people with actions and not only speaking truth to power.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 19, 2022
LoL, when Idris sang Nigeria Jagajaga, Baba how you take run am?

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Lipscomb(m): 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
If Obasanjo tired of life he should kick bucket in peace.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by naija4life247: 7:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
foryourmindlol:
Lol. But your own brothers after eating Ewedu will be insulting Nnamdi Kanu as if he's behind the reason they're mining each other's skulls over there. cheesy

I go drop you now

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by naija4life247: 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
kollinzgee:
We need two more groups like ipob but your tribesmen are too weak truth is bitter.

I go drop this one too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by helinues: 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2022
undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2022
In other words, Nigeria needs a president from a region that detests Godfathers... dont conclude with a tribalistic mindset yet, it could be your region.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
Loud it

foryourmindlol:
Lol. But your own brothers after eating Ewedu will be insulting Nnamdi Kanu as if he's behind the reason they're mining each other's skulls over there. cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
somebody Loud it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Blue3k(m): 7:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
We need rugged individuals who don't avoid conflict at all cost for harmony. Nigerian boot licking culture is the problem. There's no set of laws that will fix these sort of beta males. Nigerians will need to raise their children better. Look at the lazy spineless yes men that occupy the state legislatures who won't do anything to counter executive overreach when the have the power.

The Supreme Court essentially placed the ball i n the legislatures court when they said Buhari's executive order 10 was unconstitutional. If Buhari was strategic then he could just repackage that executive order as an executive bill. If they dont just use the bully pulpit to shame them and explain the issue to the ignorant public.

When you pass a private bill such as this, governors would not likely give assent to the bill. This is the complaint we always receive from our colleagues in other states.

“For instance, the current assembly in Borno has passed about 25 bills, 20 are executive bills while five are private bills. But, only the 20 executive bills have been assented by the governor even as he promised to assent to the remaining five. We also have problems vetoing bills in order to avoid fracas with the executives.

SPEAKER of Borno State House of Assembly,Hon. Abdulkarim Lawan

Front Page: Lalasticlala Mynd44

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Omooba77: 9:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
Blue3k:
We need rugged individuals who don't avoid conflict at all cost for harmony. Nigerian boot licking culture is the problem. There's no set of laws that will fix these sort of beta males. Nigerians will need to raise their children better. Look at the lazy spineless yes men that occupy the state legislatures who won't do anything to counter executive overreach when the have the power.

The Supreme Court essentially placed the ball i n the legislatures court when they said Buhari's executive order 10 was unconstitutional. If Buhari was strategic then he could just repackage that executive order as an executive bill. If they dont just use the bully pulpit to shame them and explain the issue to the ignorant public.

Front Page: Lalasticlala Mynd44

Nigerians are already becoming rebels, is there any law anywhere in Nigeria?.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Blue3k(m): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2022
Omooba77:

Nigerians are already becoming rebels, is there any law anywhere in Nigeria?.....

You missed his point if you're talking about people becoming criminals. There's still a need for rugged individuals like I said. Laws won't stop people from being betas.

Proposal: decentralised policing
Opposition: but what about tyrannical governors?
Supporters: The state legislatures and courts are there.
Opposition: Do you trust betas in the state legislatures?
Supporter: touché but...

“There would be some time you would be asked have to do something, but you would say no, this is not right. And when you say that you will become a rebel."

“Our country, Nigeria, needs more of rebels. Those who would look at things straight in the face and say ‘this is not right’, ‘this, I will not be part of’, ‘this is not good for Nigeria.”

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by 1827svn: 10:30pm On Feb 19, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:
I disagree partially sir.

Nigeria need people with actions and not only speaking truth to power.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by 1827sevn: 10:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
[s]
helinues:
undecided
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Omooba77: 10:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
Blue3k:

You missed his point if you're talking about people becoming criminals. There's still a need for rugged individuals like I said. Laws won't stop people from being betas.

Proposal: decentralised policing
Opposition: but what about tyrannical governors?
Supporters: The state legislatures and courts are there.
Opposition: Do you trust betas in the state legislatures?
Supporter: touché but...

You missed the point....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Blue3k(m): 10:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
Omooba77:

You missed the point....

Enlighten me then cause you're not making sense.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Omooba77: 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
Blue3k:

Enlighten me then cause you're not making sense.

Your Buhari should explain the hardship he is causing Nigeria. ..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Blue3k(m): 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
Omooba77:

Your Buhari should explain the hardship he is causing Nigeria. ..

Lol what a clown response. It obvious you didn't have a point afterall. Now you're shifting the goal post to buhari. Just say Buhari's bad and move on next time.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Rugaria: 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2022
This killer who never stopped killing till he left office.
Dokubo, Harry Marshall, endless massob members. Babangida once asked him to explain why plane crashes stopped after he left office. He now wants rebels because he's helpless out of power..
One blood gulping mutant like that..

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Blackfire(m): 2:22am On Feb 20, 2022
Is this igbo man inciting the gullible against this government?

We the youths stand with our darling president

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Omooba77: 8:20am On Feb 20, 2022
Blue3k:

Lol what a clown response. It obvious you didn't have a point afterall. Now you're shifting the goal post to buhari. Just say Buhari's bad and move on next time.

Go and pray.... God bless you....

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by kasonud(m): 8:34am On Feb 20, 2022
Hehehe bad pikin! Dude trut dey him tok sha.
Fimileejoor:
LoL, when Idris sang Nigeria Jagajaga, Baba how you take run am?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Omooba77: 8:45am On Feb 20, 2022
Blackfire:
Is this igbo man inciting the gullible against this government?

We the youths stand with our darling president

Nigeria is sitting on tons of atomic bombs...

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Blue3k(m): 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
Omooba77:

Go and pray.... God bless you....

Another mumu response since you don't have a point.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by legendine(m): 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
Datboredberri:
Lol... grin

I still love Obasanjo...

Nigeria needs a dictator...

Do u find it difficult to read or understand....he said rebel ....u are saying Nigeria needs Dictator ���

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs More ‘Rebels’ – Obasanjo by Omooba77: 2:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
Blue3k:

Another mumu response since you don't have a point.
You are beyond redemption....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015 POLLS: Ex-militant BOYLOAF And Thug GANI ADAMS Hold Secret Meeting In Lagos / Police Acquire Forensic Lab, Drones To Track Kidnappers, Robbers / President Buhari Held Bilateral Talks With President Of South Africa In Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.