Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,026 members, 7,810,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence (1292 Views)

Russian Missiles Kill Two In Poland, US Intelligence Says / US Intelligence Agencies Make Understanding Putin's State Of Mind A Top Priority / Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by olugabbie(m): 11:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
Amanpour asked Zelensky about the aggressive use of US intelligence to dissuade Putin from invading Ukraine. He said he was "grateful for the work that both of our intelligence has been doing. But the intelligence I trust is my intelligence.
"I trust Ukrainian intelligence who ... understand what's going on along our borders, who have different intelligence sources and understand different risk based on intercepted data... this information should be used."
He continued: "We are not really living in delusion. We understand what can happen tomorrow ... just putting ourselves in coffins and waiting for foreign soldiers to come in is not something we are prepared to do.

SOURCE:- cnn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by kristonium(m): 1:41am On Feb 20, 2022
Ahhhhh...

Na wao!

Show me where he said he never trusted US intelligence!

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by olugabbie(m): 7:20am On Feb 20, 2022
kristonium:
Ahhhhh...

Na wao!

Show me where he said he never trusted US intelligence!

He said he was "grateful for the work that both of our intelligence has been doing. But the intelligence I trust is my intelligence.

What do you think this means?

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by okeysoninv: 8:21am On Feb 20, 2022
Bro, the war has already started since yesterday. It's like your hate on America has blinded you not to see the reality. Currently heavy fighting is underway in Donbass region now.
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by olugabbie(m): 10:47am On Feb 20, 2022
okeysoninv:
Bro, the war has already started since yesterday. It's like your hate on America has blinded you not to see the reality. Currently heavy fighting is underway in Donbass region now.

There is nothing unusual about what is going on in Donbas. The shellings have been going on for months.
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by okeysoninv: 11:15am On Feb 20, 2022
olugabbie:

There is nothing unusual about what is going on in Donbas. The shellings have been going on for months.
lies , the major escalation started yesterday a total of 1500 artillery she'll was fired . 31k civilians evacuated. Show me where they have such numbers before
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by rottennaija(m): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2022

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by seunny4lif(m): 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2022
Turks government even said USA massive noises about Russia will invade Ukraine is nonsense.
It’s like USA want Russia to invade Ukraine to kill NS2.

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by MangekyoAlt: 10:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
seunny4lif:
Turks government even said USA massive noises about Russia will invade Ukraine is nonsense.
That's exactly what they want. They don't want NS2 to start. Also that useless sleepy Joe is trying to divert attention from his mediocre leadership at home.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by seunny4lif(m): 11:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

That's exactly what they want. They don't want NS2 to start. Also that useless sleepy Joe is trying to divert attention from his mediocre leadership at home.
That’s what Russia foreign min even said.
USA want to sell those yeye expensive gas to Europe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by leofab(f): 12:43am On Feb 21, 2022
Russo
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by kponkedenge(m): 9:06am On Feb 21, 2022
seunny4lif:

MangekyoAlt:

It's very obvious you guys don't even read or listen to news to know that the shooting has already started..... Sometimes I wonder where you guys get some of the stupid sources you put up.

Biden this Biden that. Meanwhile you all are quiet on Putin's aggression.

You could log on twitter and watch the reporting yourself.

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by kponkedenge(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2022
rottennaija:
https://twitter.com/Tom_Fowdy/status/1495289735916371971?t=N3JGG5UbtyvXxGsZLTex8A&s=19

You will still shift the goal post again when Russia attacks and everything the US intel said will happen actually happens.
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by rottennaija(m): 12:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
kponkedenge:

You will still shift the goal post again when Russia attacks and everything the US intel said will happen actually happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW7lNABfDVk
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by kponkedenge(m): 1:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
rottennaija:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW7lNABfDVk

I'm sure you just believed everything said on that video without doing any digging.
I stopped listening when the narrator fingered US as the cause of the 2014 conflict that made the former president Victor Yanukovych flee Ukraine and made the Russians step in to annex Crimea.

Who was the sole beneficiary of the crisis that occurred, which proceeded with the annexation of Crimea if not Russia?

What exactly did the US stand to gain from the annexation? Infact it was after the annexation that US started providing funding for Ukraine to defend itself against Russian aggression.

Russia has annexed Crimea and also want to annex the Donbass region because they are many native Russian speakers there.... This has absolutely nothing to do with the US.

Now Russia want to annex the whole of Ukraine because they don't want them to join NATO and have US bases at their doorstep.

Go and read about "Euromaidan". That was the major cause of the fall of Crimea in 2014 and not US.
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by rottennaija(m): 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2022
kponkedenge:

I'm sure you just believed everything said on that video without doing any digging.
I stopped listening when the narrator fingered US as the cause of the 2014 conflict that made the former president Victor Yanukovych flee Ukraine and made the Russians step in to annex Crimea.

Who was the sole beneficiary of the crisis that occurred, which proceeded with the annexation of Crimea if not Russia?

What exactly did the US stand to gain from the annexation? Infact it was after the annexation that US started providing funding for Ukraine to defend itself against Russian aggression.

Russia has annexed Crimea and also want to annex the Donbass region because they are many native Russian speakers there.... This has absolutely nothing to do with the US.

Now Russia want to annex the whole of Ukraine because they don't want them to join NATO and have US bases at their doorstep.

Go and read about "Euromaidan". That was the major cause of the fall of Crimea in 2014 and not US.

You know what I do?
I listen to CNN, fox news, BBC, RT, Different Frames the world and any other news. I listen to independent investigation and analysis. I don't stopped listening to anyone source once they have a narrative that I probably don't like. That's the difference between me and you. It helps me to arrive at objective conclusions.

US has been a world power. They have dominated for decades, any country that is rising like Russia and China is a threat to them and they will do everything to counter it, including destabilise it.

They are mad they couldn't get Ukraine into NATO because it was going to be their front to destabilise Russia. That was what you could have heard from the video if you had the stomach to watch it.

Whether the US likes it or not, we are in the verge of having a multi polar world, where we will have more than 3 super powers and they are heading on the decline.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by kponkedenge(m): 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
rottennaija:

You know what I do?
I listen to CNN, fox news, BBC, RT, Different Frames the world and any other news. I listen to independent investigation and analysis. I don't stopped listening to anyone source once they have a narrative that I probably don't like. That's the difference between me and you. It helps me to arrive at objective conclusions.

US has been a world power. They have dominated for decades, any country that is rising like Russia and China is a threat to them and they will do everything to counter it, including destabilise it.

They are mad they couldn't get Ukraine into NATO because it was going to be their front to destabilise Russia. That was what you could have heard from the video if you had the stomach to watch it.

Whether the US likes it or not, we are in the verge of having a multi polar world, where we will have more than 3 super powers and they are heading on the decline.

It's not about listening to some propaganda network or station, it's about fact checking what they are feeding you in real time.

I don't watch TV most times, I do a lot of reading... The few times I watch the news, I fact check what they say if I'm not fully convinced.

If you watch news as you claim, you would know that RT is just pure propaganda and nothing more.
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by rottennaija(m): 5:05am On Feb 22, 2022
kponkedenge:

It's not about listening to some propaganda network or station, it's about fact checking what they are feeding you in real time.

I don't watch TV most times, I do a lot of reading... The few times I watch the news, I fact check what they say if I'm not fully convinced.

If you watch news as you claim, you would know that RT is just pure propaganda and nothing more.
RT is pure propaganda? What is CNN? BBC? FOX new? Where do you fact check? What sources do you use?

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by TabletMan: 8:03am On Feb 22, 2022
seunny4lif:
They've met with Qatar and Japan about gas deal with Europe since last month.

Putin knows that US and UK are just forcing his hands to invade Ukraine.
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by olugabbie(m): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2022
TabletMan:
They've met with Qatar and Japan about gas deal with Europe since last month.

Putin knows that US and UK are just forcing his hands to invade Ukraine.

Lol! The infrastructures to import gas from those countries you mentioned are not on ground.

Russia is the only country that can provide cheap natural gas to the Western European countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by rottennaija(m): 9:59am On Feb 23, 2022
kponkedenge:

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by rottennaija(m): 10:03am On Feb 23, 2022
kponkedenge:

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by rottennaija(m): 10:15am On Feb 23, 2022
kponkedenge:

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by kponkedenge(m): 10:22am On Feb 23, 2022
author=rottennaija post=110468322]

No need for all these. I don't need to see some random people's posts before my beliefs change.

Nothing can make me support an administration that doesn't have any viable opposition because all of them are either killed by poison, or thrown out of a window.

Look at how fidgety the Russian spy chief was answering Putin yesterday.... Not because he knows Putin was right to annex part of Ukraine, but because he knows that if he doesn't agree with Putin, he would be mysteriously killed.

You all complain about Nigerian soldiers killing unarmed citizens, but you carry water for a brutal dictator that murders dissent.

Sharing RT or sputnik news sources is the same as agreeing with a dictator, because in Russia, there is no free press like you have in the West, you either praise the "master" or be killed.
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by rottennaija(m): 10:40am On Feb 23, 2022
kponkedenge:

No need for all these. I don't need to see some random people's posts before my beliefs change.

Nothing can make me support an administration that doesn't have any viable opposition because all of them are either killed by poison, or thrown out of a window.

Look at how fidgety the Russian spy chief was answering Putin yesterday.... Not because he knows Putin was right to annex part of Ukraine, but because he knows that if he doesn't agree with Putin, he would be mysteriously killed.

You all complain about Nigerian soldiers killing unarmed citizens, but you carry water for a brutal dictator that murders dissent.

Sharing RT or sputnik news sources is the same as agreeing with a dictator, because in Russia, there is no free press like you have in the West, you either praise the "master" or be killed.

Who needs your belief to change? I don't and it certainly has no value to me. I left it there so others can see the western hypocrisy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by kponkedenge(m): 11:31am On Feb 23, 2022
rottennaija:

Who needs your belief to change? I don't and it certainly has no value to me. I left it there so others can see the western hypocrisy.

And not Russia's hypocrisy?

BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera etc can write both positive and negative stories of the US president, UK Prime Minister, French President, German Chancellor etc...and nothing will happen. Go to Russia and try that if you won't wand up dead.

Picking up random people's comments, maybe even bots sef as an alternative to the West is just plain silly.

If you love Russia so much, maybe you can move there, instead of US, UK and the likes.

When I see most Nigerians like you lining up behind these dictators, I see the clear reason why we elect bad and corrupt leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by rottennaija(m): 11:45am On Feb 23, 2022
kponkedenge:

And not Russia's hypocrisy?

BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera etc can write both positive and negative stories of the US president, UK Prime Minister, French President, German Chancellor etc...and nothing will happen. Go to Russia and try that if you won't wand up dead.

Picking up random people's comments, maybe even bots sef as an alternative to the West is just plain silly.

Examples of those killed for writing something negative about the Russian President? And is it your position that comments from random people don't matter?

If you love Russia so much, maybe you can move there, instead of US, UK and the likes.

When I see most Nigerians like you lining up behind these dictators, I see the clear reason why we elect bad and corrupt leaders.

All these ones are bad arguments and has nothing to do with the post I made about the hypocrisy of the west and its media. You should come up with something better.
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by kponkedenge(m): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
rottennaija:

Examples of those killed for writing something negative about the Russian President?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/list-of-people-putin-is-suspected-of-assassinating-2016-3%3famp

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58635137

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/23/here-are-ten-critics-of-vladimir-putin-who-died-violently-or-in-suspicious-ways/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

First, second and third link is about Putin, fourth link is about Russia as a whole.

This link didn't even include the ones that were poisoned and survived like Alexei Navalny.
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by rottennaija(m): 1:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
kponkedenge:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/list-of-people-putin-is-suspected-of-assassinating-2016-3%3famp

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58635137

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/23/here-are-ten-critics-of-vladimir-putin-who-died-violently-or-in-suspicious-ways/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

First, second and third link is about Putin, fourth link is about Russia as a whole.

This link didn't even include the ones that were poisoned and survived like Alexei Navalny.

BBC
businessinsider
washingtonpost

All of these sources from Western media, which according to you, are not propaganda. OK.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by kponkedenge(m): 2:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
rottennaija:

BBC
businessinsider
washingtonpost

All of these sources from Western media, which according to you, are not propaganda. OK.

If you doubt the source, you can provide another source that can tell us how those people died. I'll wait.
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by kponkedenge(m): 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
rottennaija:

BBC
businessinsider
washingtonpost

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1496435802913583112?t=r71PVQj_QSVGbDi8doP_0w&s=19
Re: Ukrainian President Said He Doesn't Trust Us Intelligence by rottennaija(m): 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
kponkedenge:

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1496435802913583112?t=r71PVQj_QSVGbDi8doP_0w&s=19

So you now share links to "random people's posts" as your evidence? Let me ask you, how many people has Obama killed in Libya? How many has Biden killed in Afghanistan? How many did Hillary Clinton killed in Syria?

This is a comment from the link you shared. After the tweet of how Russia rosed over the past 30yrs and Putin successfully opposed the western influence, another person tweeted how poor citizens are in Russian, as if she lives in Russia or has visited the place or as if they don't have homeless poor citizens in the US.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photoproof Of Nigerians Fighting For Ghadaffi / Some Notable Figures Killed At Westgate Attacks In Kenya / War On Terror: We Have Got To Get Rid Of ISIS,' Trump Tells The CIA (Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.