Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

.n - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / .n (714 Views)

I Thought My Cough & Loss Of Taste Was Covid, Now I’m Facing A Death Sentence / Doctors Remove Cup Stuck Inside A Woman For 4 Years From Sex Incident / BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.n by mascot87(m): 12:51am On Feb 20, 2022
Re: .n by Ifiegboria(m): 1:23am On Feb 20, 2022
This is serious. I hope u find solution soonest. Try herbal or what do you think?
Re: .n by ajailer(m): 1:40am On Feb 20, 2022
There are times insecticides triggers irritation in your lungs leading to phlegm build up in your upper chest cavity….. so watch out to be sure you r not reacting to it.
Re: .n by baby124: 1:41am On Feb 20, 2022
This does not sound good at all and 8yrs is too long not to find a solution. Have you tried a government hospital? Especially LASUTH? Please rush there immediately.
Re: .n by dialfa: 1:56am On Feb 20, 2022
Where do you live and what is your day job?
Re: .n by givegive: 2:58am On Feb 20, 2022
Don't give up.
Re: .n by AsomArchitectNG(m): 4:16am On Feb 20, 2022
Sorry about your situation op
Re: .n by NaMe4: 4:36am On Feb 20, 2022
OP, you may need to see a respirologist/pulmonologist.

I'm assuming you may have evaluated your home, work/school environment for the past ~ 15 years for possible causes/trigger factors.

Do you have any preferred sleeping position?

Once you wake up from sleep, still lying in your sleeping position, do you start coughing?

Possibly, but least probably, you may be having a rare condition; do you have kids?
Re: .n by kingblosky: 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2022
Try Nature's Field CardioVit with ampiclox beecham at same time. Tab each a day. There's no harm in trying.. You'll get better
Re: .n by nwajesus12(m): 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2022
mascot87:
https://www.nairaland.com/4884389/coughing-up-four-years-now

It's been 8 years that I have been coughing now and there seems to be no end to this cough after trying almost ALL recommended solution both medically and spiritually. I opened a thread about this cough thing 4 years ago and four years after nothing has changed. I can't go into details of what I have done but I have done almost all things I was recommended to do including those that I thought through. Right now, everyone is tired of my cough in the family. I can cough straight for 10 hours non stop. Yes you heard me right. I only find peace of mind when I sleep. Sleeping has been the only antidote to this cough for the past 8 years. Once I sleep, no cough at all and it will not disturb my sleep nor wake me up. But once I wake up naturally (not cough induced), this cough will start. So should I be sleeping all the time?
In all honesty, it has gotten to the point where I'm giving up on life because the pains of this cough is too much for me to bare.
All tests I have done shows nothing
All x-rays done from time to time shows nothing
Doctors concluded it could be an allergy but does what triggers the cough resides everywhere I go because I cough EVERYWHERE.
I'm very serious now and the urge to do something stupid to myself is getting increased by the day.
Just imagine today, I have been coughing as early as 8am when I woke up and till now it hasn't stopped. That's over 16 hours cough non stop. The pains on my throat and chest is unbearable and the only thing that comes out of my mouth when i spit is white sputum (foam-like). I have never spit blood or any traces of it, it's always white foam-like sputum. Same thing that comes out of my mouth for over 8 years now.
Eight years of my life wasted coughing without cure.
I can't count the number of hospitals both private and general hospital that I have visited. How about trying local stuffs here and there? Omo me I'm tired of life o right now
don't give up, have you tried loratadine (antihistamine), it could be allergy as I had a nagging cough for years and was finally diagnosed of hay fever
Re: .n by ibechris(m): 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
Start chewing raw ginger morning afternoon and night. And see if there would an improvement.
Re: .n by Corea4king(m): 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2022
Is like I have the same problem with yours but mines is frequent hacking of my lungs with too much mucus for 5years now. Sometimes, I fell like I don't have lung again (my right lung)
Re: .n by rottenPussy: 2:32am On Feb 22, 2022
Considering how long it has lingered, it is most likely Allergy.

Are you a Muslim? If yes, that means you observe Ramadan. How often did you cough during Ramadan over the 8yrs.
If you are a Christian, do you fast at all, if yes, how often do you cough during the period(s).

Have you relocated at any time during these periods? If yes, for how long, and how troubled were you with the cough at those time(s)?

Are you on any, supposedly, lifetime medication(Hbp etc.) that you might be reacting to?

Have you ever considered entirely warm ingestion of edibles instead of cold stuff? How did you react?

Simply put: It would be best for you to see yourself as a private specimen for now. With that, you will be able to make observations of how you react to certain stuff that triggers the cough. No doctor can help you if it is an allergic reaction; you have to figure that out yourself and adjust accordingly.

I am a case in point: I used to have these irritating persistent rash on my back. Every time it surfaces, I would rub all sorts of skin medication, yet it lingered. Until one time that I had heart burn due to too much pepper consumption, I whenceforth stopped pepper consumption, and surprisingly, both the hearth burn, and the rashes dissapered and never to return. Out of curiosity, I started pepper consumption again, and BOOM, there it came again, then I stopped it again.

So observe, or in fact SUSPECT everything that goes inside of you.

~Good luck

(1) (Reply)

My Mum Has Swollen Feet And Abdomen. / If You Have These 4 Medical Challenges, Eat More Of Carrots / ~ \\• IS YOUR BOOBS SAGGING? You Need This!!! (Very Effective) √√√

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.