Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - (41675 Views)

I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? / "My Sister Sold My Land In Ogun" - Deported Man Who Came Back From Abroad / Etisalat NG Is Proposing To Build Mast On My Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Femeto: 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:
A GSM network provider (GLO) engineers visited my land yesterday and said they want me to lease a space for their mast installation for a period of 15 years. (They have not told me any amount yet).

The land is in a residential area. Please those who know about this sort of engagement should tell me what it entails because I was asked if I would accept the offer or not so as to tell them the amount and other things involved.

I really want to know the real benefits as well as if there are other health damages that may adversely affect residence living around my compound on the long run?
Tell them 5 million per year. Radio active rays could harm you if you leave directly under or close to the mast.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by 9gerian: 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
Now you are talking!

tutudesz:

My uncle is getting 5m yearly from MTN and he was able to negotiate employment for 2 of his children in MTN too.

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by lereinter(m): 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2022
Go get lawyer

If you don't have one there's one at freshfm that can give you good premium service

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Sewa90(f): 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:
A GSM network provider (GLO) engineers visited my land yesterday and said they want me to lease a space for their mast installation for a period of 15 years. (They have not told me any amount yet).

The land is in a residential area. Please those who know about this sort of engagement should tell me what it entails because I was asked if I would accept the offer or not so as to tell them the amount and other things involved.

I really want to know the real benefits as well as if there are other health damages that may adversely affect residence living around my compound on the long run?

Go ahead bro,there’s no disadvantage,my sis has that of mtn in her compound and there’s no issue
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Xpol: 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2022
They don’t pay as people think oh. The last time they wanted to lease one of our family lands it wasn’t up to 1m and we declined instantly after hearing the amount, this was around 2010 and again if you already have property and currently living on the land it’s not a good idea coz you won’t enjoy your sleep at night that lister will be shaking the whole place, you’ll notice that much when everywhere is silent

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by KingDash: 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:

how much the won pay?? that's the most important thing.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Geeman2006: 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
BABYharder:

The Lister used is always on, 247 and Pray it doesn't develop fault cus your privacy will always be invaded by technicians each time the Lister stops.
There is a popular controversial theory about cancer it causes due to electromagnetic waves the mast emits.

That electromagnetic wave causing cancer is all cock & bull story.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by JON01: 9:07pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:

You still dey ask? Ode, olodo rabata

Man you are spitting Trash. Get a Life FOOL
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by ksly24(m): 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:
I have a friend who leased his land to MTN, his personal house is on the same land, sadly enough since he got married they've not been able to conceive for over 15 yrs. They are childless till this moment. The wife is a full time housewife, 247 inside that radiation. Not all money is sweet.
The reason for her barrenness could be something else, not the supposed "radiation" like you said.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:
I have a friend who leased his land to MTN, his personal house is on the same land, sadly enough since he got married they've not been able to conceive for over 15 yrs. They are childless till this moment. The wife is a full time housewife, 247 inside that radiation. Not all money is sweet.

The telecommunication mast has nothing to do with your friend and his wife not having a child. They should go to the hospital for checkup.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by fotadmowmend(m): 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
princepee:
Benefits money load of it,. If you can negotiate well.

Disadvantage death by cancer from the radiation from the mast.
Advise...
lease it for some years use the money to buy land elsewhere.
Wicked winch.... So other people for the area wey no follow spend the money nko. If he collect money make him stay there and enjoy the party
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
EXOUSIAng:

Don't screenshot punch. Screenshot reputable research and not just jargons written by someone with no facts just assumptions. The only known hazards are to bird or maybe if humans can fly grin grin grin

I quoted this from the same punch you screenshot... "The obvious conclusion of several studies is essentially that the amount of radiation emitted by these devices remains very low and unlikely to pose a danger to human health even when used constantly. ...12 Aug 2018"
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by samwillyco1(m): 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2022
God has remembered you, I pray for this kind of favour
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by mamaafrik(m): 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
WINDSOW:

In addition to whatever agreement, tell them to grant employment to a family member of yours.
Don't dull.....

If you ask me 15yrs too much ooo. Why not every 5 or 10 years renewable?
i will never miss the employment opportunity for any thing
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Aaaoo: 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2022
Money
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by mamaafrik(m): 10:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:

that employment to a member of your family(degree Holder) is very vital and power to your abode.
Get a lawyer,they will want to cheat you.

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Brian47(m): 10:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
Accept it na.
More money to your pockets.
And you can charge your device in the mast when light no dey.
My uncle's house in PH has a mast in it and his land lady's son showed me how he charges his phone there when I went for a visit.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Munzy14(m): 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
asainco:

Oga you dey lie ooo, MTN mask has been in my parents house since I 2005 or there about, me and my siblings grew up in that house, our most senior brother got married two years ago, and his a father today, so take ur lies somewhere else, my parents are still cashing out every 10years from that deal.. And when they go, we go continuously dey cash out from that deal.. Tell ur friend and his wife to go to hospital while praying to God for a child.. Getet with ur lies abeg.
Lmao...That hospital is important for his friend... grin grin
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by ItsmeF: 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:

Lease the part of land they want, sell the other part to anybody (because of radiation) , buy land somewhere else and relocate while still cashing out on the lease.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by frog12: 11:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
like dey said cell phones no dey cause fire next to gas cylinder. i never believe that one before. but they have youtube videos where bright torchlights start fire on paper. it is said don't point extremely bright lights on gas cookers so it doesn't cause fires. this one is much harder but use common sense

Geeman2006:

That electromagnetic wave causing cancer is all cock & bull story.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by babyBB: 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
Let me be your lawyer on this to close the deal for you
Mtschewwww:

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Szdorf: 11:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:

as per ur friend wife , she and her husband need to detoxify and regenerate there cells
if possible I can help in that aspect
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Szdorf: 11:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
Least it for them or sell it for very, very bargain price because if they by cut u and go to Omo onile ur land is gone act fast with wisdom
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
You don blow oo

5 years rent deal first. So you can review as you wish afterwards.

Then they will give you 24/7 power supply, like Uninterrupted. I once live in a house mast supply light. I no dey worry about light because I wasn't even using NEPA, we told them to take there wire because we don't need it grin.
And there power supply carried everything appliance in the house. My neighbor was even using it to sell ice block with 3 or 4 big freezers

And nothing like radiation causing cancer pls. That was how they said sleeping next to your phone will cause cancer because of radiation blablabla, but you have your phone close to you in your pocket all day and radiation is not killing you lmao. The electro radiation some people are saying here is fabricated, some of them doesn't even know meaning of the electromagnetic blablabla they are saying.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 21, 2022
Mtschewwww:

Get a valuer for a nominal fee and let him conduct a market survey for you. Don't take the entire 15-year lease upfront. Break it into 3 equal payments of 5-year circles.

Cash your first 5 years and quietly lock the second 5 years in a 10% inflation clause and third /last 5 years in a 15% inflation clause.

I strongly advise you get a lawyer familiar with deals of these natures on board. Also, get a financial advisor on board, so you don't waste the entire earnings. E dey be like juju at times but na you spend the money.

Waiting for the next 5 years circle to mature could be like an eternity if you don't plant your earnings. cheesy cheesy

Glo seldom co-locates but you are allowed to ask questions and this might score you more cash if things go well.

Also, you can get the job of the site security manager for any of your aburo. But just know that the person must be diligent otherwise na wahala for am if any loss for site.

Negotiate electricity supply if you can but they will never make this official. Na backyard deal. So use your head.

That's all. Send me my bottle of wine grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by folake4u(f): 12:45am On Feb 21, 2022
litigator:

Get a valuer for a nominal fee and let him conduct a market survey for you. Don't take the entire 15-year lease upfront. Break it into 3 equal payments of 5-year circles.

Cash your first 5 years and quietly lock the second 5 years in a 10% inflation clause and third /last 5 years in a 15% inflation clause.

I strongly advise you get a lawyer familiar with deals of these natures on board. Also, get a financial advisor on board, so you don't waste the entire earnings. E dey be like juju at times but na you spend the money.

Waiting for the next 5 years circle to mature could be like an eternity if you don't plant your earnings. cheesy cheesy

Glo seldom co-locates but you are allowed to ask questions and this might score you more cash if things go well.

Also, you can get the job of the site security manager for any of your aburo. But just know that the person must be diligent otherwise na wahala for am if any loss for site.

Negotiate electricity supply if you can but they will never make this official. Na backyard deal. So use your head.

That's all. Send me my bottle of wine grin grin

Best advice!

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by EmmySparky(m): 12:47am On Feb 21, 2022
virginchaser:

It's a crime to tap power from BTS power source. It's called power theft. You can go to jail for it.
I never said tap I said it should be included in the contract...some companies allow it as part of the contract...
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by EmmySparky(m): 12:51am On Feb 21, 2022
stinflame:

Actually what a friend did, but that his wasn't up to 3m yearly. But the power supply was constant
wise choice cos with the power he can make more money ...he should have negotiated well cos these companies got lots of money budgeted for acquiring and securing a site..if he doesn't negotiate well then someone in the company would eat his money for him

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by ekeh2020: 1:00am On Feb 21, 2022
Well to be honest with you, you'd get only the first payment, but subsequent payments will never come. GLO is notorious for not paying landlords in properties they hosts their masts.

They have the highest numbers of sites locked by landlords due to their inability to pay rents.

I know more than a handful of sites that have been locked for years now.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by jimcaddy(m): 1:43am On Feb 21, 2022
Please OP I want to ask, there in Lagos do they want to situate the mast?
Mtschewwww:

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by sniper77(m): 1:53am On Feb 21, 2022
Ayowumie:
Health implications? I'm not aware of any.

Eight years ago, some engineers approached someone on a street where I had a piece of land. Eventually, the engineers decided they mast would be best positioned on my land. They wanted 25% of the land (the land is 1 plot) for 10 years at 1million per year.

Few days later, the engineer called to say something around "settling some guys within the company". I agreed.

After 3 months of back and forth, I received 7 million.

They ended up not finishing the construction of the mast on the said piece of land. The lease is ending in the coming year and the land is still mine.

Dem cheat you for the deal.Your money suppose be 8million naira.Na one million naira be dia cut on every 5years payment.

When the 10 years rent expires you get full payment of 10million for renewal of lease if their are no terms of agreement on percentage increase..
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 21, 2022
folake4u:

Best advice!

Hey! Captain Chad Hall (Kano campus slag). How are you doing?

Somebody wants to break all existing Law sch records

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos! / Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. / Updated Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.