Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - (41996 Views)

I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? / "My Sister Sold My Land In Ogun" - Deported Man Who Came Back From Abroad / Etisalat NG Is Proposing To Build Mast On My Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Jorge91: 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:
A GSM network provider (GLO) engineers visited my land yesterday and said they want me to lease a space for their mast installation for a period of 15 years. (They have not told me any amount yet).

The land is in a residential area. Please those who know about this sort of engagement should tell me what it entails because I was asked if I would accept the offer or not so as to tell them the amount and other things involved.

I really want to know the real benefits as well as if there are other health damages that may adversely affect residence living around my compound on the long run?
Their generator will always be on, but not noisy. The mast should be the tallest structure in that environment because of the rays. 24hours light for you. Demand your payment yearly don’t collect that 15years payment once.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Chimaobison(m): 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:
A GSM network provider (GLO) engineers visited my land yesterday and said they want me to lease a space for their mast installation for a period of 15 years. (They have not told me any amount yet).

The land is in a residential area. Please those who know about this sort of engagement should tell me what it entails because I was asked if I would accept the offer or not so as to tell them the amount and other things involved.

I really want to know the real benefits as well as if there are other health damages that may adversely affect residence living around my compound on the long run?

OP from legal perception I will suggest you lease the land for a period of 10years,this is to afford you the opportunity to renew at your own pleasure. There might be Instances where you might use the land for personal use thus you won't be in part breach of the proposed terms of lease.
Moreso, from the comments I have followed from various Nairalanders, I tend to agree limitedly to the health issues the wave from the mast can cause, so if getting the land leased for a huge some, you can as a matter of comfort relocate to another place and continue enjoying your money.

Having said that ,OP the Network providers for them to choose your land as a proper place to install their mast have it at the back of your mind that whatever you ask them to do for you will be treated very favourable to you.
If you don't mind, may I know which state your land is situated?
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by phemmyfour: 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:

No health hazard. We have mast everywhere you go even in lag
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Testimony1988(m): 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
Bizzyliss:
Just collext 150m ��den go buy house for lekki
hmmmm, they might not give him that amount, you know they just want to rent the land, they are not buying it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by mrksquare: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:

My uncle was paid a lump sum of 30 million by MTN five years ago for his land. Wat I cannot tell is the number of years he leased his land.

If you had built your house, you would have negotiated for the generator that will be powering the mast to be connected to your house.

You can also negotiate to be supplying them the diesel. This should form part of your agreement with them.

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Michealeni: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2022
majesticguy:
Men you don hammer be dat. Just lease the land, & bill them heavily, also there's a monthly hazardous fee they usually pay occupants close to the mask. Look for another plot of land with the money & build a house were you'd live in. If there's a house already on the said plot of land, you can rent it out.
pls sir can you tell me more about this hazardous fee...
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Testimony1988(m): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2022
debayor95:
Around 2012 my family house land was leased to MTN for #10M
Wow, but the amount will be more this time.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Lamasta(m): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:

Accept the offer and your unborn children will keep praying for you or reject it and see the adverse effect if the curse your children will place on you.....
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by thinkmoney(m): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:

Sell me the land.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Salis2020: 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
It happens to me too. They came last week and promise to come back for agreement. The land is in Dakwa dei- dei. A town that shears border with dei- dei fct. They said that is 300,000 a year and they are paying for 5years. Please l also need advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by FBIBOT(m): 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
Jmichael1:
Ur benefit be say"God dn finally pick ur call and ur village people dn comot hand 4 ur mata,4get any hazard or zidane,jst accept d offer 1st...
i knw of a man here in bayelsa state,they pay him 10M for a start and yearly 500k,as a sharp guy he kukuma collect d security work dat pays 50k monthly.
dis man is still in gud health,i don't knw of any hazard or damages..

Omo that man too like money o.... grin

Op... Op... Op... Don't agree to leasing they want to use that confuse you on billing only agree to yearly rent.. If it's an urban area 2-5m yearly should be a good deal.. Include that they connect your building with the generator... The health hazard aren't really life threatening anymore thanks to new technology.... The generator self hardly makes noise
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Stronghold91: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
Bahamas95:
They waste their money on celebrities with mumu adverts instead of improving their poor network......OP nor look dia face, give them billing. If they ain't ready to pay they should getat!
chaiiiiii

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Stronghold91: 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
Bahamas95:
They waste their money on celebrities with mumu adverts instead of improving their poor network......OP nor look dia face, give them billing. If they ain't ready to pay they should getat!
chaiiiiii
chaiiiiii

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Stronghold91: 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
Bahamas95:
chaiiiiii

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Testimony1988(m): 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
asainco:

Oga you dey lie ooo, MTN mask has been in my parents house since I 2005 or there about, me and my siblings grew up in that house, our most senior brother got married two years ago, and his a father today, so take ur lies somewhere else, my parents are still cashing out every 10years from that deal.. And when they go, we go continuously dey cash out from that deal.. Tell ur friend and his wife to go to hospital while praying to God for a child.. Getet with ur lies abeg.
Congrats to your parents, some people just like telling lies.

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by We4all: 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
Salis2020:
It happens to me too. They came last week and promise to come back for agreement. The land is in Dakwa dei- dei. A town that shears border with dei- dei fct. They said that is 300,000 a year and they are paying for 5years. Please l also need advice. Thanks

That amount is too small. Bill them at least 5Million naira yearly. If they ain’t interested, they should take a hike.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by prigoz(m): 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:
I have a friend who leased his land to MTN, his personal house is on the same land, sadly enough since he got married they've not been able to conceive for over 15 yrs. They are childless till this moment. The wife is a full time housewife, 247 inside that radiation. Not all money is sweet.
What are you driving at, so it was the MTN mast that causes their childlessness, in fact you are one of the suspects that cause her childlessness. If you don't know what to say, you better keep you shut. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Testimony1988(m): 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
stinflame:

Actually what a friend did, but that his wasn't up to 3m yearly. But the power supply was constant
Wow, he does not have issues with PHCN again for life.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Herbephe1(m): 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2022
If they could paying such huge,then it must have an adverse effect
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by amosebaba: 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
My dad has a plot of land waiting for this kind of business. Can anyone pls connect me to how to bring any of those telecoms company to come and lease my own. Thnaks

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by EXOUSIAng: 6:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
oldtruth:

Chai! Nigerians

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Keemkarr(m): 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
Thou:
Woow if it were me i would accept the offer with my both handS including my organ that can strechcheesy.

4g reloaded.

Op don't sell the land, rent it!.

Whataspp 08128******* I will enligt u. We have airtel and mtn on our land. Thanks
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Enemyofpeace: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ournolly:

I wish to be you, bro.
my brother na God butter my my bread o. That’s why mynd44 and other moderators dey jealous me for here

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
Testimony1988:
Wow, he does not have issues with PHCN again for life.

Yea

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Enemyofpeace: 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2022
amosebaba:
My dad has a plot of land waiting for this kind of business. Can anyone pls connect me to how to bring any of those telecoms company to come and lease my own. Thnaks
it is not just on any land that they erect their mast, there is an equipment they use to search for the land, even without the knowledge of the owner of the land. They kept coming to my house to look for me for over 3 months before they met me at home, this is because I was always travelling out of town
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by thundafire: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:

don't expect a big money dude,I will advise u to lease the land at 400k a year because if u start demanding 1m sorry they wouldn't answer u. I have done such for Telecom company Airtel and MTN and range is 250k a year
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by thundafire: 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2022
Thou:
Woow if it were me i would accept the offer with my both handS including my organ that can strechcheesy.

4g reloaded.

Op don't sell the land, rent it!.
u are so wrong u think dey will pump in millions
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by thundafire: 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
salamudeen:
Get a lawyer first thing first

Bill them heavily till una negotiate tired

One man here sold his 100 by 50 7m for them ladt year rural area sha if ur side is urban u can lease that place not less than 15m for that 15years

I dey village that's y I think ur price would be higher over there
they wouldn't do it
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by LordErrk: 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
Op, masts emits radiowaves which aren't even nearly as dangerous as the ones from the sun. Radiowaves are "large" waves and can't easily penetrate the body.
Abeg this is your time to cash out. If I hear say you Bleep up, na better slap you go chop
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by thundafire: 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:
I have a friend who leased his land to MTN, his personal house is on the same land, sadly enough since he got married they've not been able to conceive for over 15 yrs. They are childless till this moment. The wife is a full time housewife, 247 inside that radiation. Not all money is sweet.
shut up stop believing useless theories,it can't stop u from bearing children let the couples check themselves
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Brownshoe: 6:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ayowumie:
Health implications? I'm not aware of any.

Eight years ago, some engineers approached someone on a street where I had a piece of land. Eventually, the engineers decided they mast would be best positioned on my land. They wanted 25% of the land (the land is 1 plot) for 10 years at 1million per year.

Few days later, the engineer called to say something around "settling some guys within the company". I agreed.

After 3 months of back and forth, I received 7 million.

They ended up not finishing the construction of the mast on the said piece of land. The lease is ending in the coming year and the land is still mine.
you bought that car sharp sharp hmmm enjoyment nigga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World / Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.