Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Was Muhammad Ever Called Ahmad? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was Muhammad Ever Called Ahmad? (630 Views)

DPO Mahi Ahmad Ali Wins Qur'an Police Competition In Kano / Ahmad Amadi, Muslims Leader Denounces Islam, Converts To Christianity (Photos) / Maryam Ahmad Gumi Dies! Sheikh Gumi Losses Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Muhammad Ever Called Ahmad? by advocatejare(m): 10:35am On Feb 20, 2022
In surah 61:6

“And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O Children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allāh to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Aḥmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic."
Here the author of the Quran was claiming that it is written in the Torah that someone named Ahmad will come after Jesus.

Can Muslims show us where such lies was made in the Torah?

Also, Muslims claim that the name Ahmad is the same as Muhammad, if this were true then there will be record of people calling Muhammad by the name Ahmad while he was alive! So can Muslims show us where Muhammad was called Ahmad in the hadith
?

When muhammad was born, was he named Muhammad or Ahmad?

Those names may be similar but are not the same because people answered the two names separately and were never assumed to be one

Also in the Quran, Muhammad was the one mentioned to be a messenger and not Ahmad, the author of the Quran never confused the two names as in surah 3:144 and so on.

So who was Ahmad?

Was that name mentioned in the Torah?

Was Abu Qasim named Ahmad or Muhammad when he was born?

Did people ever call Abu Qasim Ahmad ?

1 Like

Re: Was Muhammad Ever Called Ahmad? by advocatejare(m): 10:39am On Feb 20, 2022
Antichristian your input is needed here!
Re: Was Muhammad Ever Called Ahmad? by AntiChristian: 10:55am On Feb 20, 2022
Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

‘Iyaad said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was Ahmad before he was Muhammad, because he was called Ahmad in the previous books, and he was called Muhammad in the Holy Qur’an. That is because his Lord praised him before people praised him. Likewise in the Hereafter, his Lord will praise him, then He will grant him intercession, then the people will praise him. So he was singled out for the honour of the soorah of praise, the banner of praise, and the station of praise and glory (al-maqaam al-mahmoud) and it was prescribed for him to praise Allah after eating, after drinking, after offering supplication, and after returning from a journey; and his ummah has been called those who give praise. So all types of praise were combined for him (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him).

End quote from Fath al-Baari by Ibn Hajar (6/555)

So as you mentioned the Torah, we don't have it anymore as it is lost. The patched up books of Moses we have today have been proven to contain too much errors to be held reliable.

“I have several names. I am Muhammad, and I am Ahmad, and I am al-Maahi (the eraser) by means of whom Allah erases kufr, and I am al-Haashir (the gatherer) at whose feet the people will be gathered, and I am al-‘Aaqib (the last) after whom there will be no other.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4896) and Muslim (2354).

It was narrated that Abu Moosa al-Ash‘ari (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) mentioned several of his names to us. He said: “I am Muhammad, and Ahmad, and al-Muqaffi (the last in succession) and al-Haashir (the gatherer) and the Prophet of Repentance and the Prophet of Mercy.”

Narrated by Muslim (2355).
Re: Was Muhammad Ever Called Ahmad? by advocatejare(m): 11:21am On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:
Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

‘Iyaad said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was Ahmad before he was Muhammad,
Who named him Ahmad?
When he was born was he named Ahmad or Muhammad?

because he was called Ahmad in the previous books,
Which of the previous books?

and he was called Muhammad in the Holy Qur’an. That is because his Lord praised him before people praised him.
So Allah that you all claim is the only one worthy of being praised is the same Allah that is praising Muhammad? That is serious!

Likewise in the Hereafter, his Lord will praise him, then He will grant him intercession, then the people will praise him. So he was singled out for the honour of the soorah of praise, the banner of praise, and the station of praise and glory (al-maqaam al-mahmoud) and it was prescribed for him to praise Allah after eating, after drinking, after offering supplication, and after returning from a journey; and his ummah has been called those who give praise. So all types of praise were combined for him (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him).
Allah praises Muhammad? Wow

So as you mentioned the Torah, we don't have it anymore as it is lost. The patched up books of Moses we have today have been proven to contain too much errors to be held reliable.
Torah is said to be the word of Allah by you Muslims as stated in Surah 5:44, so Allah watched the Torah to be corrupted?

When did the Torah get corrupted?

According to Surah 5:68
“ Say, " O People of the Scripture, you are on nothing until you uphold the Torah, the Gospel, and what has been revealed to you from your Lord " And that which has been revealed to you from your Lord will surely increase many of them in transgression and disbelief. So do not grieve over the disbelieving people.”

So if Allah said the people of the scriptures should uphold the Torah, how come you lie that the Torah is lost and corrupted? Are you saying that Allah asked you to uphold the corrupted and lost Torah?

The verse was revealed at the time of Muhammad which means the Torah was not lost and not corrupted when Muhammad was giving this revelation.

So at what point did the Torah get lost and corrupted?

“I have several names. I am Muhammad, and I am Ahmad, and I am al-Maahi (the eraser) by means of whom Allah erases kufr, and I am al-Haashir (the gatherer) at whose feet the people will be gathered, and I am al-‘Aaqib (the last) after whom there will be no other.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4896) and Muslim (2354).

It was narrated that Abu Moosa al-Ash‘ari (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) mentioned several of his names to us. He said: “I am Muhammad, and Ahmad, and al-Muqaffi (the last in succession) and al-Haashir (the gatherer) and the Prophet of Repentance and the Prophet of Mercy.”

Narrated by Muslim (2355).

Who has ever called Muhammad by these names:
Ahmad
Al-Muqaffi
Al-Haashir
Al-Maahir
Al-Aaqib
?

Who gave Muhammad those names?

Did his grandfather gave him those names during his naming ceremony?

Was Muhammad ever called those names by the people of his time?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Muhammad Ever Called Ahmad? by advocatejare(m): 7:49am On Feb 21, 2022
Antichristians you have many unanswered questions here. That is what happens to you when you just do copy and paste without understanding what is written , now I’ve asked you questions from what you pasted and you can’t answer
Re: Was Muhammad Ever Called Ahmad? by AntiChristian: 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
advocatejare:

Who named him Ahmad?
When he was born was he named Ahmad or Muhammad?
Did the Qur'an verse mentioned he will be called Ahmad when he was born? I gave you hadith related by his companions who knew he was Ahmad.

[/quote]Which of the previous books?[/quote] This is out of the topic of this thread!

So Allah that you all claim is the only one worthy of being praised is the same Allah that is praising Muhammad? That is serious!
Allaah is Al-Hameed (the Praiseworthy), Who is inherently deserving of praise, by His Names, Attributes and deeds. Muhammad on the other hand deserves praise but his praise are only human praises!

Allah praises Muhammad? Wow
Did i say Allah praises him back there? You are seeing what you want to see. Allah will praise him as his humble servant...

Torah is said to be the word of Allah by you Muslims as stated in Surah 5:44, so Allah watched the Torah to be corrupted?

“ Say, " O People of the Scripture, you are on nothing until you uphold the Torah, the Gospel, and what has been revealed to you from your Lord " And that which has been revealed to you from your Lord will surely increase many of them in transgression and disbelief. So do not grieve over the disbelieving people.”

So if Allah said the people of the scriptures should uphold the Torah, how come you lie that the Torah is lost and corrupted? Are you saying that Allah asked you to uphold the corrupted and lost Torah?

The verse was revealed at the time of Muhammad which means the Torah was not lost and not corrupted when Muhammad was giving this revelation.

So at what point did the Torah get lost and corrupted?
Thread is about Ahmad not all this. The name Ahmad was revealed to previous prophets before Muhammad.

Who has ever called Muhammad by these names:
Ahmad
Al-Muqaffi
Al-Haashir
Al-Maahir
Al-Aaqib
?

Who gave Muhammad those names?

Did his grandfather gave him those names during his naming ceremony?

Was Muhammad ever called those names by the people of his time?

This is folly of the extreme order! If someone is named Danladi Chukwumma, Olawunmu, Chrigozie at birth, will such person be called all those names?
The verse of the the Qur'an you quoted says he will be called Ahmad. So it is sufficient when we gave you hadiths that states him being called by such name.
Re: Was Muhammad Ever Called Ahmad? by advocatejare(m): 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
AntiChristian:
Did the Qur'an verse mentioned he will be called Ahmad when he was born? I gave you hadith related by his companions who knew he was Ahmad.
The Quran verse said his name will be Ahmad but NO ONE ever called him Ahmad, if anyone did show us.

The Hadith you showed didn’t reflect anyone calling him Ahmad, he was only taking glory for himself by ascribing praises to himself!

Which of the previous books? This is out of the topic of this thread!
You made a claim you must substantiate your claims.
It’s only a liar that will claim that his witness is dead! Which books or prophets referred mentioned Ahmad? Give your reference

So Allah that you all claim is the only one worthy of being praised is the same Allah that is praising Muhammad? That is serious! Allaah is Al-Hameed (the Praiseworthy), Who is inherently deserving of praise, by His Names, Attributes and deeds. Muhammad on the other hand deserves praise but his praise are only human praises!
You lied again, you wrote that Allah also praises muhammad, I will attach the screenshot below

Allah praises Muhammad? Wow Did i say Allah praises him back there? You are seeing what you want to see. Allah will praise him as his humble servant...
You made that claim

So at what point did the Torah get lost and corrupted? Thread is about Ahmad not all this. The name Ahmad was revealed to previous prophets before Muhammad.
This was the knock out for you, you couldn’t even respond to it grin

This is folly of the extreme order! If someone is named Danladi Chukwumma, Olawunmu, Chrigozie at birth, will such person be called all those names?
You claimed that other books and prophets made claim that Ahmad will be a prophet and not muhammad, so how come the special name Ahmad was never given to muhammad?

How come no one ever called him Ahmad?

The verse of the the Qur'an you quoted says he will be called Ahmad. So it is sufficient when we gave you hadiths that states him being called by such name.
No one called him that name in the hadith you cited, stop lying!

Who called him Ahmad in that hadith?

(1) (Reply)

To The Moderators And To Whom It May Concern / Help Me Fight / Moon Has Been Sighted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.