Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,785 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? (1551 Views)

Django Development Passion Projects November, December / Learning Programming? Passion Or Not / CODELAGOS: 337 Schools To Participate In Coding Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2022
For me it was for both, because of my passion and for the good money in the profession as learning to code is not free and is not easy, even finding a programming job and making the good bucks too is no joke as the competition is too much in the industry.
It would be nice to hear your own reason too.
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by ApostolosIisous: 6:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
Basically for the passion and the money at first but now it's more of a hubby programming.
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by Franzee(m): 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
because I dropped out
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
Money but I received passion as I was doing it.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by ichidodo: 10:17am On Feb 23, 2022
I hated programming and it's migraine inducing tasks and chores.....But when I saw how deep that rabbit hole was, I just became curious and was hooked,hell, I became highly addicted to the dull painful thrumming in my head when debugging or writing an algorithm.....before long I became fluent in both Python and Java, did I even tell you I landed my first Quant programming job at exactly three months to the day my curiosity kicked in?..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 23, 2022
ichidodo:
I hated programming and it's migraine inducing tasks and chores.....But when I saw how deep that rabbit hole was, I just became curious and was hooked,hell, I became highly addicted to the dull painful thrumming in my head when debugging or writing an algorithm.....before long I became fluent in both Python and Java, did I even tell you I landed my first Quant programming job at exactly three months to the day my curiosity kicked in?..

Wooow! You got your first "Quant programming job at exactly three months to the day my curiosity kicked in" Are you for real? Just 3 months, that's great!
Only 13 jobs on indeed in the last 30 days plus so I would advise anyone going into Quant programming to be very cautious https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Quant%20programming&l=Los%20Angeles%2C%20CA&vjk=f8147e2ea3e35546
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by ichidodo: 11:39am On Feb 23, 2022
MindHacker9000:

Wooow! You got your first "Quant programming job at exactly three months to the day my curiosity kicked in" Are you for real? Just 3 months, that's great!
Only 13 jobs on indeed in the last 30 days plus so I would advise anyone going into Quant programming to be very cautious https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Quant%20programming&l=Los%20Angeles%2C%20CA&vjk=f8147e2ea3e35546
Quant developers are the creme de la creme of Software developers, maybe not as highly paid as they should be due to the Shylock nature of their employers (IFCs) and the fact they ain't unionized like transporters, teachers etc but they are very rare to find therefore they are highly sought after and coveted....To be a good Quant, you must know understand World Politics and Economics very very very well, Mathematics very well, Programming very well, I mean algorithms and Data structures.....Your OOP must be on point, Data analysis, Data mining should not be ignored...I was just lucky I was referred for an interview which was used to blow my recruiters away...Now some of my codes are now IPs (Intellectual Properties)of some corporate financial organizations..
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by chingle5(m): 4:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Money but I received passion as I was doing it.

Comrade why now... Lol
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by InfinityFabric: 7:03am On Feb 24, 2022
ichidodo:
So it's like a drug to you. Yeet!
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by InfinityFabric: 7:04am On Feb 24, 2022
MindHacker9000:
For me it was for both, because of my passion and for the good money in the profession as learning to code is not free and is not easy, even finding a programming job and making the good bucks too is no joke as the compition is too much in the industry.
It would be nice to hear your own reason too.
There's only competition at the bottom.
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by ichidodo: 9:34am On Feb 24, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Yeah ...that sensation in your head when you smoking weed..
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 24, 2022
ichidodo:
Quant developers are the creme de la creme of Software developers, maybe not as highly paid as they should be due to the Shylock nature of their employers (IFCs) and the fact they ain't unionized like transporters, teachers etc but they are very rare to find therefore they are highly sought after and coveted....To be a good Quant, you must know understand World Politics and Economics very very very well, Mathematics very well, Programming very well, I mean algorithms and Data structures.....Your OOP must be on point, Data analysis, Data mining should not be ignored...I was just lucky I was referred for an interview which was used to blow my recruiters away...Now some of my codes are now IPs (Intellectual Properties)of some corporate financial organizations..

Someone new to programming will find it hard to get a Quant programming job as there are not many advertised online on Indeed.
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by ichidodo: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2022
MindHacker9000:

Someone new to programming will find it hard to get a Quant programming job as there are not many advertised online on Indeed.
Quant programmers aren't gotten from job advertorials but from head hunting.....IFCs go as far as scouting in prestigious schools like MIT or some go as far as partnerships with international educational institutions like oxford for the best in the fields that makeup Quant programming....
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 24, 2022
ichidodo:
Quant programmers aren't gotten from job advertorials but from head hunting.....IFCs go as far as scouting in prestigious schools like MIT or some go as far as partnerships with international educational institutions like oxford for the best in the fields that makeup Quant programming....

Thanks for the info.
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by InfinityFabric: 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
ichidodo:
Yeah ...that sensation in your head when you smoking weed..
Never and don't plan on smoking weed, would never know.
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Not related to this topic. Please note that this thread is for programmers.
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by ichidodo: 2:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Never and don't plan on smoking weed, would never know.
Ok,that quiet buzz in your head from too much alcohol...
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by InfinityFabric: 3:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
MindHacker9000:

Not related to this topic. Please note that this thread is for programmers.
Putting "Hacker" in the middle of your name now means you're one ?
All you had to do is to Google my username and know what I'm about duh!

People who understood my comment replied already. Just go sit down with VSCode.
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by InfinityFabric: 3:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
ichidodo:
Ok,that quiet buzz in your head from too much alcohol...
We don't do that too. There's water, juice, yogurt...
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by ichidodo: 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
InfinityFabric:

We don't do that too. There's water, juice, yogurt...
Ok, that quiet buzz in your head when you wake up from sleep or nap too fast...
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by InfinityFabric: 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2022
ichidodo:
Ok, that quiet buzz in your head when you wake up from sleep or nap too fast...
Actual Devs are like robot, we hardly sleep. Even when we are overheating we only down-clock our processors to cool down. Never shutdown/hibernate/sleep
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by ReactJs(m): 6:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Actual Devs are like robot, we hardly sleep. Even when we are overheating we only down-clock our processors to cool down. Never shutdown/hibernate/sleep

Lol no sleep o. body go tell you
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by ichidodo: 7:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
InfinityFabric:

That's for devs of the coding generation of 2000-2012 where Java, Oracle and those olden days computer programming languages held sway....the days before opera mini when we had to take trips to the Cyber cafe.....Sh**t was so strong back then that guys couldn't sleep or take naps...they acted so introverted and sleep deprived that they became robotic, snobbish and monosyllabic nerds... Nowadays everything is so decentralized that information and skills can be gotten anywhere and everywhere...We can sh**t, smoke weed and still be inspired to code something ground breaking that they become IPs(Intellectual Properties)...
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by InfinityFabric: 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
ichidodo:
That's for devs of the coding generation of 2000-2012 where Java, Oracle and those olden days computer programming languages held sway....the days before opera mini when we had to take trips to the Cyber cafe.....Sh**t was so strong back then that guys couldn't sleep or take naps...they acted so introverted and sleep deprived that they became robotic, snobbish and monosyllabic nerds... Nowadays everything is so decentralized that information and skills can be gotten anywhere and everywhere...We can sh**t, smoke weed and still be inspired to code something ground breaking that they become IPs(Intellectual Properties)...
You're probably an oldie too. The years before GitHub. Do you saved pages too, so that you can go view them later for studying ?
I still don't understand ow youth are still failing with all these options they have nowadays. Uhmm... of course I do
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by ichidodo: 8:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
InfinityFabric:

You're probably an oldie too. The years before GitHub. Do you saved pages too, so that you can go view them later for studying ?
I still don't understand ow youth are still failing with all these options they have nowadays. Uhmm... of course I do
Yeah I still do even till now...Youths are failing because of tiktok, instagram and sh**t...Before it used to be 2go and sh**t...
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by InfinityFabric: 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
ichidodo:
Yeah I still do even till now...Youths are failing because of tiktok, instagram and sh**t...Before it used to be 2go and sh**t...
Eskimi haha.
I resisted creating 2go account till then end of Java ME phones. Thank God!
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by ichidodo: 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Eskimi haha.
I resisted creating 2go account till then end of Java ME phones. Thank God!
Alrights bro....Have a good one.
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 25, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Putting "Hacker" in the middle of your name now means you're one ?
All you had to do is to Google my username and know what I'm about duh!

People who understood my comment replied already. Just go sit down with VSCode.

No problem. Your later comments have shown you are a programmer. I'm more active on the Religion section trying to put my programming skills to good use to help set some minds free, hence the name 'MindHacker9000'
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by InfinityFabric: 7:39am On Feb 25, 2022
MindHacker9000:

No problem. Your later comments have shown you are a programmer. I'm more active on the Religion section trying to put my programming skills to good use to help set some minds free, hence the name 'MindHacker9000'
No problemo
Re: Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? by giddy2019(m): 11:27am On Feb 25, 2022
Good morning boss.. please I just started learning to code , please I really need a guide to follow.please sir,I read online that html is the basics so I started from they, please bosses

(1) (2) (Reply)

Visual Studio Installation Files / Java Or Oracle. / Can You Or Do You Know Someone That Can Copycat 2go Java Chatting Software.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.