Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt (24655 Views)

My Aunt's Husband Is A Monitoring Demon. / Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? / I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by ChizzyBuna(m): 2:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
Im 35 years old and i have one aunty who is a generous lady. Anytime she visits and im around. She is always in the habit of giving us money from 1k to 5k.
Since 2015 she does this
Back then it was cool cuz i was young guy
But now as a man, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Recently i meet her she gave me 1k as i was about to leave. I thought she wanted me to buy something for her. So i asked her what is the 1k for she said its for me.
I kinda felt sad, like why is this woman always giving me money anytime we meet.
One side of me hates this because as a man i feel weird to collect money from women. I feel i should be the one giving not recieving.

I almost didnt want to take the 1k, i just felt like does this woman think im homeless or a hungry broke guy that everytime we meet she give me like 1k oe 2k. Im confused

How do i react next time i see her and she wants to give me money. How should i politely reject it?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Candidlady: 2:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
sad

Money that you pocket .... Only to come here to start seeking advice...

She sees you as broke.... Up your game....

You prolly look like you need that 1k that's why the poor lady keeps giving you...

Urgent 2k piller

Tueh god forbid

And this one too go call himself man...

MANure that's what you are

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by dawnomike(m): 2:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Im 35 years old and i have one aunty who is a generous lady. Anytime she visits and im around. She is always in the habit of giving us money from 1k to 5k.
Since 2015 she does this

Recently i meet her she gave me 1k as i was about to leave. I thought she wanted me to buy something for her. So i asked her what is the 1k for she said its for me.
I kinda felt sad, like why is this woman always giving me money anytime we meet.
One side of me hates this because as a man i feel weird to collect money from women. I feel i should be the one giving not recieving.

I almost didnt want to take the 1k, i just felt like does this woman think im homeless or a hungry broke guy that everytime we meet she give me like 1k oe 2k. Im confused

How do i react next time i see her and she wants to give me money. How shpuld i politely reject it?
For every 1k she gives you, buy her something worth 3k in return... That is the tradition in some places

435 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Truvelisback(m): 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Since 2015 she does this

How do i react next time i see her and she wants to give me money. How shpuld i politely reject it?
Oga, collect am na! In Tegwolo's voice: Are u rejecting a friendly gift?

16 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by linearity: 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Since 2015 she does this

If you want to stop it, very simple….next time you see her, be the first to give her some money and make it a very good sum of money.

Or better still, take time out to visit her and buy stuff to take with you and some money to thank her for her years of generosity towards you.

293 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by czarr(m): 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
If you no want collect money from her, when next when comes give her money tell her to buy something for herself and trust me she'll stop giving you.....ode na pride go kill you, your problem no be say she dey give you money na the amount she dey give you dey worry you....if she increase am to 20k you go dey talk shii.

The Truth be say you are broke and she dey help your life if you get better work dey drive better car dey live for your own apartment dem no born am well give you that money, she dey give you cos she know say you need am.

201 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Starz825(m): 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
Your own better
Most of the aunties around think it's time you started giving back to them...even when Dem know aw the country be

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by donbachi(m): 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
Buy her female bag,wristwatch,wrapper and give her money..she will still give u.cos she sees u as her own little boy.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by xpressionx(m): 2:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
Buy her an expensive gift,by that she will know you are earning now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by stixxy(m): 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
Simple... Always give her first. Like "aunty use this one drink mineral" no matter small it is.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Cerebellum: 2:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
She give you, you dey complain, if she no give you anything you go complain

Human being are just full of mystery sad

46 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Josh3440: 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
Just visit her with a surprise package and some money. I think she would definitely appreciate that and by then, she knows you are already a man that could take care of your own self

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Kingdelexy: 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
Na because she still dey see you as broke guy.....
it simply means that your condition is not positively outstanding.

Pray guy...

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by soundOsonic: 3:04pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Since 2015 she does this

You don't hate her for her generosity, what you hate is yourself for still living in your parent house and still not financially bouyant.

14 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by lilvicky68(m): 3:08pm On Feb 20, 2022
Just tell her to increase it that the 1k is too small for you..

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by samwash(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
As she give you 1k, add another 1k to the money & send her a recharge card.
If you visit her at home, if she has children, call the children & dash them money before she even think of giving you money, or better still dash her 1st before she dash you.
Since she's your Aunty, she see you as son to her.
You nor happy say you get generous person like her, it's not really about the little amount she gives you, it's a pure gift from her heart ❤️.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
Hustle more,she feel you need money and just want to assist you.who wan give me money when everybody dey call me big man upandan.dem no know say owu still dey touch me sometimes..lol

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by ChizzyBuna(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
linearity:

If you want to stop it, very simple….next time you see her, be the first to give her some money and make a good sum of money.

Or better still, take time out to visit her and buy stuff to take with you and money to thank her for her years of generosity towards you.
She is a rich woman, she has everything. If i see her and give her 2k it will look very weird.
I think maybe because i havent married or i dont have car yet

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by ChizzyBuna(m): 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
donbachi:
Buy her female bag,wristwatch,wrapper and give her money..she will still give u.cos she sees u as her own little boy.
Very very good point. Thanks i will consider this
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by ChizzyBuna(m): 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2022
stixxy:
Simple... Always give her first. Like "aunty use this one drink mineral" no matter small it is.
Person wey all her children dey Liverpool england dey send her big money. She get money so giving her 2k will look funny

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Innobee99(m): 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Since 2015 she does this

Pride will never allow some people succeed in Life

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by ChizzyBuna(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2022
soundOsonic:

You don't hate her for your generosity, what you hate is yourself for still living in your parent house and still not financially bouyant.
Hmmmm looks like youve been in this kind of situation before.. what do you advice i do?
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2022

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Candidlady: 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
Oga, collect am na! In Tegwolo's voice: Are u rejecting a friendly gift?

Brooklyn bridge ambassador spotted

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Blackfire(m): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Poor people with there myopic mind eerhh

If you help them,,,, problem
If you don't,, wahala

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Senobop: 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
Dash me na
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by PowerTechs: 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
Just collet am
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by maureensylvia(f): 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ok
Aby na destiny collecting things ni
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Kingosytex(m): 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
Chinedu, Chinedu, Chinedu. How many times did I call you? Is it a crime that I'm trying to be a good aunt? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by ChizzyBuna(m): 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
That you ask if this giving woman gives because she thinks you're hungry and broke indicates that 1) you're an ingrate and 2) perhaps you're indirectly insinuating that the money she gives is too small, which again goes back to you being an ingrate. I bet if she's giving you 100k or more you wouldn't ask such.

If you don't want her to be giving you money, just kuku tell her to add yours to your siblings so yours goes to them. Or better yet, before she gives you, you give her and since you're neither hungry nor broke be giving her 20k each time. That way, she will definitely get the hint to stop giving you.

Im not an ingrate, you sef read before opeing your mouth like open gutter.
with 456 million in my account i will give this woman 20 million
I should be the one giving her not the other way round.
Till i get there for now i still gats maintian
It just pains me that i should be the one giving her whether big or small. It really makes me uncomfortable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by GboyegaD(m): 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
She's just been nice as an aunt and sees you as the boy you are at least to her.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evans: 9 Ways To Know If You Are Married To A Kidnapper / Two Families Battle Over Paternity Of Girl, 16 / Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.