Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt (24718 Views)

My Aunt's Husband Is A Monitoring Demon. / Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? / I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by tommy589(m): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
Innobee99:
Pride will never allow some people succeed in Life

You are the only one here that sees the op for who he is. At 28 yrs in 2015 and thought he was still young to collect 1k,now that he is ok he thinks it is beneath him to collect money from her senior
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by LordIsaac(m): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Im 35 years old and i have one aunty who is a generous lady. Anytime she visits and im around. She is always in the habit of giving us money from 1k to 5k.
Since 2015 she does this
Back then it was cool cuz i was young guy
But now as a man, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Recently i meet her she gave me 1k as i was about to leave. I thought she wanted me to buy something for her. So i asked her what is the 1k for she said its for me.
I kinda felt sad, like why is this woman always giving me money anytime we meet.
One side of me hates this because as a man i feel weird to collect money from women. I feel i should be the one giving not recieving.

I almost didnt want to take the 1k, i just felt like does this woman think im homeless or a hungry broke guy that everytime we meet she give me like 1k oe 2k. Im confused

How do i react next time i see her and she wants to give me money. How should i politely reject it?
Remember she's your aunt. Meaning, she's like a parent to you. You can't outgrow your parents, can you? Therefore, don't allow ego to override you. Accept the gift graciously and pray for God's blessings to be able to water her back in return.
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by AdeMoss: 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
No offence but you must be Igbo. Igbo find pride in making money, meanwhile your Elder remains your elder

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by techWriter3: 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2022
Just know her to highest it that the gee is too small for you
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Realmi: 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:

Im not an ingrate, you sef read before opeing your mouth like open gutter.
with 456 million in my account i will give this woman 20 million
I should be the one giving her not the other way round.
Till i get there for now i still gats maintian
It just pains me that i should be the one giving her whether big or small. It really makes me uncomfortable
be humble.....ur money still dey millions sef....... even otedola go accept stick sweet as gift, I tot u wanted to say she is diabolic....oga collect the 1k, appreciate her and then use an do give away for gateman outside

She still sees u like the little boy she gives money too..so remove ur shoulder pad and collect it
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Minjim: 5:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
Me wet dey look for aunt wey go give me money

Well, this what you do. Whenever you visit her, before she gives you money, you quickly give her money first.

That's how she will realise you're now a big boy
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by West2019(m): 5:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
oga since you are a big boy , when next you are going to her place buy her one bag of rice 35,400. groundunt oil 5litter , 12k , and one cartoon of indoime superpack 5700 . and dont forget to add 10k cash for her . believe me she will never thinking of giving you 1k again .

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Alabaintprice(m): 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Money that you pocket .... Only to come here to start seeking advice...

She sees you as broke.... Up your game....

You prolly look like you need that 1k that's why the poor lady keeps giving you...

Urgent 2k piller

Tueh god forbid

And this one too go call himself man...

MANure that's what you are

Are you naturally this stewpid.
Just because his aunt offers him money means he is not man enough. Not even girlfriend or friend... Aunt!!!! And you're already saying he is t man enough.
I mean, what is the big deal?
Does anyone have to look poor before they receive financial favour from other people.

You had better changed this silly mindset of yours. You seem to me as though you are that kind of woman who would insult her husband if he asks her for money. Terrible piece of a creature
You're just a crazy fellow, no doubts.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Depressed101: 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2022
NewSoul:

Wonders shall never end. You wey dey cry of depression some months back and some good Samaritans here were sending you money so you don't commit suicide. Na you dey broke shame a fellow man grin
you don missed road,it wasn't me you saw. I can never beg in my life and my life to come
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by linearity: 5:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:

She is a rich woman, she has everything. If i see her and give her 2k it will look very weird.
I think maybe because i havent married or i dont have car yet

Bros, if you can only afford to spare 2k for someone that have been generous to you for over two decades, please swallow your pride and be collecting the 1k she does give to you.

Or if your truly don’t need the 1k that she gives you as you are trying to make us believe, simply be putting the money in a savings account until they amount to something worthwhile and add it to whatever you want to give back to her.

But, if you go ahead and spend the money, it means you needed it. You are just ashamed that, she is belittling you by giving you such a small amount.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Candidlady: 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mariangeles:

I like your sweet old self better. cheesy

Don’t mind them.
Don’t allow their words get to you much, but you can put them in place those who attack you directly once in a while.

Just try to read and give your opinion as objectively as possible.
That is how you grow.

Happy Sunday dear. cheesy

Nagode much smiley

Idid try to change this me

Imissed me

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2022
GboyegaD:

I don't. His reasoning of not being married or having a car as why the aunt is giving him money is what threw me off. This type of reasoning is what is birthing more desperation in the society.
You don't blame him sir that's how society projects how the success of men his age should be. Have a house, a car, a wife and at least a child and you are seen as a fulfilled man in life.

You most times must have seen when people want to describe a man of over 35 that is a failure. You'll hear something like "at his age he has no achievements, wife and children" as if wife and children are achievements. That's how society is designed to measure your success as a man.

As wealthy as Don jazzy is some People that can never measure up to him feel they are better and he is unfulfilled because he has no wife and children

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Dshocker(m): 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

You prolly look like you need that 1k that's why the poor lady keeps giving you...

Urgent 2k piller

Tueh god forbid

Lady calm down
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Candidlady: 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
Alabaintprice:

Are you naturally this stewpid.
Just because his aunt offers him money means he is not man enough. Not even girlfriend or friend... Aunt!!!! And you're already saying he is t man enough.
I mean, what is the big deal?
Does anyone have to look poor before they receive financial favour from other people.

You had better changed this silly mindset of yours. You seem to me as though you are that kind of woman who would insult her husband if he asks her for money. Terrible piece of a creature
You're just a crazy fellow, no doubts.

Yeah iam stewpid... Can you help me ?

Yeah iam crazy.. Would you be my asylum

smiley

Ihate y'all
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Solutionmat(m): 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
When you meet her the next time, be the first to give her money, like 5k, also thank her for all her good deeds as you are presenting the 5k to her. By so doing next time, she will be the one expecting from you. However, note that she is a good woman, appreciate her for it.
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by colestephan86: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Im 35 years old and i have one aunty who is a generous lady. Anytime she visits and im around. She is always in the habit of giving us money from 1k to 5k.
Since 2015 she does this

Recently i meet her she gave me 1k as i was about to leave. I thought she wanted me to buy something for her. So i asked her what is the 1k for she said its for me.
I kinda felt sad, like why is this woman always giving me money anytime we meet.
One side of me hates this because as a man i feel weird to collect money from women. I feel i should be the one giving not recieving.

I almost didnt want to take the 1k, i just felt like does this woman think im homeless or a hungry broke guy that everytime we meet she give me like 1k oe 2k. Im confused

How do i react next time i see her and she wants to give me money. How should i politely reject it?
Funny man, if she is in the habit of giving you 20k upwards, you won't remember you are a man.
Oga take the money, and don't be in the habit of collecting without giving. Finish

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by eventainment(m): 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
Keep on taking the funds it won't affect you in any way. And remember her sometimes and give her gifts. Be happy you have an aunt that's a giver.... It's her habit
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by BouquiLake: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
Give her first noooni shocked shocked shocked shocked Fastest and Best. You gerrrrit, you don't gerrrit? Forgerrrit it!!!

ChizzyBuna:
Since 2015 she does this

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Nyanabo(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
dawnomike:
For every 1k she gives you, buy her something worth 3k in return... That is the tradition in some places

This is exactly true.

When going to school my grandmother gave me one waist if wrapper to use while in school. And she said I would replace it with a full waist of Feinni. Wrapper. (Don't know if I got the correct spelling of the wrapper, but if you are from the riverine area, you should know that wrapper. Every expensive)
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by vikstandon(m): 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
She don old...If she is old and living off with little she has; her generosity still leads her to share even that little. My grandma was always in the habit of breaking her meat into bits to give us her grandchildren to partake from...most time that act irritates me, but I understood it was her way of showing love.

Is she young...Are you in need of help... This one she never gives you reasonable money.
Abeg check the Aunty!!
Some occultic people do same!

Thirdly, have you been in the habit of giving her or you always come to her empty handed...This might be her way of telling you what to do. If it pains you, surprise her with something bigger when next you visit. Try giving her money and good sum.

Imagine you giving her 10k, she no fit give you 1k unless she feels you are MOG wey dey collect tithe!
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by 360command: 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Since 2015 she does this

I know you are not broke , you not hungry. Tell her you appreciate the money she has been given you but you will like her to give you a high job..
If she can, good for you as she will no longer give you money .

If she cannot, good for you as she will feel guilt of not giving you a job and the fact that you told her to stop giving you money, this will make her to stop
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Alabaintprice(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
Candidlady:

Yeah iam stewpid... Can you help me ?

Yeah iam crazy.. Would you be my asylum

smiley

Ihate y'all

Yea, including your dad, brother, coursing and uncle. We're all men too..... Get a life.

If your heart has been tampered with multiple times, drink water and calm down. Heartbreak Na national cake

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Candidlady: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
Alabaintprice:

Yea, including your dad, brother, coursing and uncle. We're all men too..... Get a life.

If your heart has been tampered with multiple times, drink water and calm down. Heartbreak Na national cake

Got no brod iam the only kid

Daughter of eve and descendants of Athena

Ion drink water but serve me Jameson and campari maybe I'd consider you
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Alabaintprice(m): 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
Candidlady:

Got no brod iam the only kid

Daughter of eve and descendants of Athena

Ion drink water but serve me Jameson and campari maybe I'd consider you

E no still concern me.... If you hate us then hate your father as well .. we're all the same....

If you have a male figure close to you. Hate him as well.

Laslas you still need a d*ck. Na still man you go find

Stfu and stop misyarning

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Candidlady: 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
Alabaintprice:

E no still concern me.... If you hate us then hate your father as well .. we're all the same....

If you have a male figure close to you. Hate him as well.

Laslas you still need a d*ck. Na still man you go find

Stfu and stop misyarning

Lmao

How do you know idont hate my fad...

°°° just so you know igot male friends who are sweet and we by the pool gettng stoned.... If they weren't intelligent... No way iwould allow Mr kabiru allow em access to my abode°°°
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Albertone(m): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Urgent 2k piller

Tueh god forbid

Omo you daft o.
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Candidlady: 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
Albertone:

Omo you daft o.

Yeah iknow....

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by phemmyfour: 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Since 2015 she does this

Whatever she gives you money, use it to buy gift and give her or double the money and give her. She LL get the message
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Albertone(m): 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2022
Candidlady:

Yeah iknow....

Mato ragazza can you help me ?

You don go carry meth again angry
Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Lamasta(m): 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Urgent 2k piller

Tueh god forbid

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by Lamasta(m): 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Since 2015 she does this

You are an ungrateful somebody instead of you to start being generous to your aunty you are here vomiting trash

1 Like

Re: How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt by enonche85(m): 6:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Since 2015 she does this

She sees you as a son and that young boy she used to know. I don't see anything wrong in her actions. When next you going to the place buy stuffs worth that amount for her or her kids.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? / Woman Celebrates Christmas With Her Quadruplet, Shares Adorable Photos / Siblings Recreate Old Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.