Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case (9098 Views)

The Most Surprising Thing About Abba Kyari Drug Case / SSS Arrests Usman Bugaje For Criticising Buhari’s Handling Of Insecurity / Photos: The Grave Of Abba Kyari At Gudu Cemetery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by ijustdey: 2:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
LAGOS – Following the re­cent arrest of the suspended Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Abba Kyari, and other police officers over alleged involvement in a case of illicit drug trafficking involving a perpetual transnational drug cartel, some Nigeri­ans have expressed doubts over the likely outcome of the case.

Barrister Emeka Iheonu, a Lagos lawyer and member of the Af­rican Bar Association (ABA), said that Abba Kyari and his accomplic­es should be made to face trial immediately.

He said: “When I heard the news the first time, my first reaction was that it was a ploy by some people in government to shield Kyari from being extradit­ed to the US with respect to Hushpuppi’s case.

To even learn that the drug deals occurred re­cently while the suspend­ed DCP is still on suspen­sion as the Head of the Police Inspector General’s Response Team is more worrisome and suspicious at the same time.

“Be that as it may, if it has been established that he actually connived and conspired with others, he and his co-conspirators should be charged to court immediately and given an accelerated hearing.

“Unfortunately, crim­inal prosecution in Ni­geria is very slow due to various factors. That is why I would prefer him to be extradited to the US to face earlier allegations against him by the FBI.”

Another lawyer and hu­man rights activist, Bar­rister Alaowei E. Cleric, in his reaction, maintained that DCP Abba Kyari’s case seemed to be what he described as “a dicey sit­uation.”

Barrister Cleric, Chair­man, Board of Trustees, Centre for Human Rights and Anti-Corruption Crusade (CHURAC), expressed misgivings over “the Federal Gov­ernment’s earlier claim that arrangements were ongoing to extradite the indicted officer to the USA and all of a sudden, the NDLEA declared him wanted for drug traffick­ing”.

According to him, “It may look like the author­ities are rooting for soft landing for him. I just hope that the NDLEA’s trial is not a ploy to shield him from possible extradition.”

Adding his voice, Sha­kirudeen Olofin, the South West Secretary of the New Nigerian Peo­ples Party (NNPP), said: “I saw it coming. This is another abracadabra sold to Nigerians. This dum­my is sold to stall the ex­tradition process.

“We should read in-be­tween the lines. An IRT head would not pull such a stunt without ensur­ing that all loopholes are properly and adequately blocked.”

Olofin, former chair­man of the party in La­gos State, added: “Abba Kyari is not a neophyte in the Nigerian Police Force. He understands how the game is being played. This is another episode of the Nigeria comedy.

“We’ll wait patiently for the concluding part of this comedy. Nigeria we hail thee.”

The police authorities had, last week, said that it arrested DCP Abba Kyari and four other po­lice officers for their in­volvement in an alleged case of criminal conspir­acy, discreditable, uneth­ical, and unprofessional conduct, official corrup­tion and tampering with exhibits in a case of illic­it drug trafficking involv­ing a perpetual transna­tional drug cartel.

https://independent.ng/doubts-greet-handling-of-abba-kyaris-drug-case/

Lalasticlala

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by donbachi(m): 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
A ploy...and u think it will forever remain a ploy with future governments to come.after this buhari's government.

Na double wahala be dat...cos,if him no answer today.him must,i mean must answer someday.

10 Likes

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by GOFRONT(m): 2:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
Super cop have killed so many innocent blood. Y'all know how brutal these SARS men can be on an innocent fella.

Now the blood and ghosts of those killed innocently have woken up to action and now kyaris nyass is on fire.

I am not surprised that he is in the eye of the storm right now. The evil that men do

7 Likes

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by DamnnNiggarr: 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
shocked

Enough of all these Abba Kyari News.
I'm a liar if I tell you that am not fed up.

2 Likes

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by Crusadee: 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
grin
Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by Wedowas: 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
Enough of ABBA KYARI news jare
Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by Ezemarcel(m): 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
There is nothing that will make Abba kyari survive this one.....

Even if buhari is his godfather
Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by Clinghton: 7:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
Is this not an attempt to prevent him from the invitation by FBI.
Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by dannypaul(m): 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2022
Trust me if Kyari had no pending case with the FBI, do u think NDLEA would have come for him even if found wanting?
This is definitely not his first wrong doing.

As far as I'm concerned, this stunt is a mere CHARADE.

Unsurprisingly he will be protected from being extradited cos several Senior office heads will roll with new revelations.

Nigeria is finished!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by chukwuibuipob: 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2022
sad Using Nigerians to play Ludo game

US FBI are watching

1 Like

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by Drey25: 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2022
ijustdey:

let's not deceive ourselves, nothing will happen to this guy

https://independent.ng/doubts-greet-handling-of-abba-kyaris-drug-case/

Lalasticlala
Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by infogenius(m): 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
I will be surprised if this case is done outside the Nigerian way

1 Like

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by xpressionx(m): 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
If Abba was an Aba boy his mugshot would have been everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by jimtemi1: 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
donbachi:
A ploy...and u think it will forever remain a ploy with future governments to come.after this buhari's government.

Na double wahala be dat...cos,if him no answer today.him must,i mean must answer someday.
only if you and I do not vote for APC puppet
Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by jmoore(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
Abba Kyari the drug trafficker.

3 Likes

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by NwaNimo1(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2022

1 Like

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by israelmao(m): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
IGP of the police and others must be sacked for this case to have meaning.

3 Likes

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by TheGift: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
Clinghton:
Is this not an attempt to prevent him from the invitation by FBI.

Wait and see.
Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by Stevenson20: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
We know from beginning that all these their drama is just sham. The more you look, the less you see.

But all I know is that FBI must get him someday no matter the cover FG is giving to the criminal.

SuperCop my ass

1 Like

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by kolnel: 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2022
Kyari is not going anywhere.
This is Nigeria, lots of heads will roll.
all this euphoria will die down in some weeks
Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by RedEnergy: 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
Kyari was a deputy commissioner of police, DCP, not a deputy superintendent of police, DSP. I wish the presidency can order a thorough internal investigation to unravel how a very corrupt criminal rose from the ranks at accelerated speed to a whooping DCP, and on his way to becoming a future IGP. A hardened criminal police officer was on his way to becoming IGP, how the hell did the police internal check and balance system not capture him, how did he evade getting caught for so long right under the nose of the NPF authorities, to the point that it was another agency NDLEA that was able to catch him. That means the NDLEA has a better internal control system than the NPF. Buhari needs a complete overhaul of the NPF leadership hierarchy starting with the IGP himself. That a criminal rogue police officer was DCP shows the police hierarchy are rotten to the core

5 Likes

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by tallceejay(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
For getting his rank incorrectly , I lost interest in reading this watery write-up
Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by Steinmann: 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
Abba kyari I has been at the fore front of SARS that committed unprintable atrocities against Nigerians.
As if that was not enough this wicked government allows him to still go on with more impurities.
Only thing they are waiting is a soft landing for a partner in crime.
Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by lexy2014: 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ezemarcel:
There is nothing that will make Abba kyari survive this one.....

Even if buhari is his godfather

What will not make him survive this one?

2 Likes

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by lexy2014: 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
RedEnergy:
Kyari was a deputy commissioner of police, DCP, not a deputy superintendent of police, DSP. I wish the presidency can order a thorough internal investigation to unravel how a very corrupt criminal rose from the ranks at accelerated speed to a whooping DCP, and on his way to becoming a future IGP. A hardened criminal police officer was on his way to becoming IGP, how the hell did the police internal check and balance system not capture him, how did he evade getting caught for so long right under the nose of the NPF authorities, to the point that it was another agency NDLEA that was able to catch him. That means the NDLEA has a better internal control system than the NPF. Buhari needs a complete overhaul of the NPF leadership hierarchy starting with the IGP himself. That a criminal rogue police officer was DCP shows the police hierarchy are rotten to the core

Does the presidency need to order a thorough internal investigation before it can unravel how a very corrupt criminal rose from the ranks at accelerated speed"? Pls who will do the investigation?

Are u saying that as a Nigerian u don't know how a very corrupt criminal rose from the ranks at accelerated speed in the nigerian police force?

1 Like

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by tragergeorge(m): 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Enough of all these Abba Kyari News.
I'm a liar if I tell you that am not fed up.
na only nairaland de your ur phone??abi you no get another thing wen u de do??

2 Likes

Re: Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case by FamTomx2(m): 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
undecided

I said it before and I repeat.. all na wash and well scripted..

Northerners are giving their own the best of protection from US extraditions..

All this cocaine saga is a charade, an absurd pretences to deceive gullibles know this and know peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zamfara, Benue, 7 States, FCT Failed To Generate Revenue From LGAs In 2022 - / Upgraded Lagos Domestic Airport Is Crumbling / Death Sentence For Kidnappers In Oyo: Ajimobi Approves It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.