Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,204 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 (33406 Views)

How Much Is Your Transport Fare For Those Traveling For Christmas / Arik Air To Be Renamed Nigeria Eagle / No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Charlex23(m): 11:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
IbileIfe:
Which airlines fly from Benin to Lagos?
Air peace, max air, Arik air, green Africa airways, Aero contractors. They all fly Lagos to Benin and Benin to lagos
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Charlex23(m): 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

What i am saying in essence, is that, if they didn't reduce their rates, they would be swallowed by the like of Dana, Airpeace, Arik etc. Their planes are so small and inconvenient that apart from the cheap fare, there is virtually nothing that would attract customers to patronise them. My take.
What do u mean their planes are so small and inconvenient. Have u flown with green Africa b4?? I've flown with green Africa more than thrice and I must put it to you that all you've said here are false. Don't just go about misleading the public. Pertaining to attracting customers I think a lot of customers are already attracted to green Africa airways due to the cheap price and exquisite services they provide on board. Sometimes last week i flew from Owerri to Lagos and the plane was filled up. Was very sure there wasn't a vacant seat on board.

5 Likes

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by ElValiente(m): 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
UnclePati:
Abeg FG should repair all the roads now and clear all bandits and criminals on the highway ... Because We the masses are about to hit the Road....

Road trip anyday even in the west I love it. Paying my respect to my Icon Pa, Sir Tim Nwokoro. The Eze of lekwesi Obiagu in Abia state last month. I flew to naija then drove to the East. Best ever road trip. FG need to work on out highway.
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Charlex23(m): 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
obi4eze:

Lol. I heard that their planes be like keke (tricycle) for air
You heard!!! Give urself an experience by flying with them and quit believing what people said. Make una stop this Rubbish abeg. How on Earth would a plane be like a tricycle on air

1 Like

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by fexyrich(m): 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
Honestly buhari has finished this country...Only God can redeem us from the deep shit this man has put us into...where is my intl passport...I think its time to start considering relocation from this never do well of a country

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by mkoabiola: 12:20am On Feb 21, 2022
D worst regime since 1960.

D dullard doesnt care abt inflation

1 Like

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by walemoney007(m): 12:21am On Feb 21, 2022
Esseite:

100%
I don't understand, is the FG not aware of what's happening in Nigeria? Cause am not understanding all this irresponsible move them dey take o.

Only God knows when Nigerians will unite and enter street to have a protest.

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by mkoabiola: 12:22am On Feb 21, 2022
Too many misleading comment abiut green Africa airline

I flew green Africa to Abuja and it was comfortable to d brim

1 Like

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 21, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:
People mentioning Green Africa think they spend nothing on running the planes.
It takes other flights like 45 mins to go from Owerri to Lagos, Green Africa will take something around 70 mins.

How much will you achieve in 25 mins?

Import duty is to the sky. If all these flights will skyrocket together, then you should know something happened.
If you don't want to take flight go to Peace Park, book a ticket for less than 15k and be travel as much as you like undecided
You forgot the real problem here, not everyone can afford to fly that’s correct but most people had to save up or book in advance to avoid the risks of traveling by road. If the operational costs of owning an airline have increased dramatically we get it. But the right thing for the government to do is to make it safe for people to travel by road. How can you be traveling and your heart keeps pounding like your life is in danger it is wrong !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Drone95(m): 12:30am On Feb 21, 2022
specialmati:
grin grin angry Nawa is there anything that has not increased in price from it’s former price let’s discuss it now so we can send the list to buhari
salaries no gree increase

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Drone95(m): 12:48am On Feb 21, 2022
That's All time high price, its normal once a while
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by CaptainFM1: 1:09am On Feb 21, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
Airlines like Green Africa and United Airlines, shouldn't join them to raise their fares, unless they dont have an idea on how to run a profiable business. Even with their cheap rates, they almost fly empty planes from east to Lagos, if they follow suit now, i give them maximum of 1 year to fold up.

They probably will stick to the minimum base fair, esp if it's a class action.
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Amah70: 1:26am On Feb 21, 2022
The amount of money one will now use to fly Lagos to Abuja, one can use half of that amount to fly the same distance in Europe.

If Nigeria's roads are safe, who will shell out N50,000 for domestic flight ticket in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by InvertedHammer: 1:27am On Feb 21, 2022
obi4eze:

Lol. I heard that their planes be like keke (tricycle) for air
/
Lolz.

This is why I don't understand why people make a big deal about private jets.

Small planes are scary.

/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Jeferious: 1:47am On Feb 21, 2022
Esseite:

They have already... with custom duty increased by 50% on thursday 17th February which brought about ongoing protests by forwarders and agents at Apapa, what does one expect... the cost of cars, spare parts, containers clearing and land transport is about to shoot up again at a time inflation is already at 17% while unemployment at 34m

Just brace up Nigerians, insecurity is about to hit the roof.
bros dem increase again? Like another increase wey no be the one of November last year?
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Vireani79: 3:20am On Feb 21, 2022
iLegendd:
Good

We'll still use them. I would rather spend 100k to and fro Lagos to PH than 20k by road with lots of Fulani-induced risks.

They should increase it more. We voted for it. We will vote for another disaster in 2023.

Bad leadership is the reason most youths do fraud because their money will be gotten in Dollars and they'll convert it to our weak Naira and become millionaires overnight.

so what u are saying is for yahoo yahoo to flourish the youth votes bad leaders......lol
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by BigYash: 6:05am On Feb 21, 2022
abouzaid:
Sai Baba!!!
Change ... Next level .. grin
Sai baba grin.. Ahahahahaha..
Another bat ,abi vulture is trying to come continue from where sai baba stopped.. Jokers

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:23am On Feb 21, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
Airlines like Green Africa and United Airlines, shouldn't join them to raise their fares, unless they dont have an idea on how to run a profiable business. Even with their cheap rates, they almost fly empty planes from east to Lagos, if they follow suit now, i give them maximum of 1 year to fold up.

Lagos to East is one of the routes they fly but the increases in operational costs are industry-wide costs and they are not iimmune from them so naturally, they would increase their fares too
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 21, 2022
The Lord is our strength o.
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by conyema12(m): 6:57am On Feb 21, 2022
Buhari and his goons has no business in Aso rock. He is daft and incompetent. Fix and make the roads safe for us. Lagos to east should be a 5 to 6hr luxury drive. But he will carry his kinsmen in uniform and the ones with cattles to be terrorizing people. How can someone cuff out 50k for flight. 3 days ago i paid over 150k flight ticket for my wife and 2 kids. God punish buhari and his cabinet period

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by cerebralniggie1: 7:03am On Feb 21, 2022
tito44:

You mentioned united Nigeria, but the airline also operates Airbus A320s
They have only one Airbus in their fleet.
My flight from Lagos to Asaba on Friday that was schedules for 10am eventually took of at 6:30pm. Crazy people. Some passengers were even scheduled to fly at 7:30am that day. They combined three flight schedules into one.
This country na cruise
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by abouzaid: 7:14am On Feb 21, 2022
BigYash:
Change ... Next level .. grin
Sai baba grin.. Ahahahahaha..
Another bat ,abi vulture is trying to come continue from where sai baba stopped.. Jokers
BAT for president, MC Oluomo for minister of transportation.
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by JuanDeDios: 7:21am On Feb 21, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

The airlines i mentioned earlier, are smaller jet aircrafts, which are suited for short haul, especially in a country like Nigeria. The rate of fuel consumption is much lower because of the size of the craft. They require less energy to take off and land, which are the two critical points where planes expend a lot of energies that draws out fuel.

This is the reason, Green Africa has been able to remain afloat despite charging as low as 16, 500 naira in some routes.

No, Green Africa uses turboprop aircraft, not jet aircraft. I don't know about United. That's why they use less fuel - because they're turboprop. They fly lower and aren't as fast as jet aircraft.

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by bibianna(f): 7:34am On Feb 21, 2022
And as usual we'ill take anything thrown at us!
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by EmmaLege: 7:45am On Feb 21, 2022
50k grin grin grin
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Cognitivereason: 7:56am On Feb 21, 2022
Ezmans:
please what is the reason why green air takes more time
Their planes are turbo prop
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Cognitivereason: 8:06am On Feb 21, 2022
Amah70:
The amount of money one will now use to fly Lagos to Abuja, one can use half of that amount to fly the same distance in Europe.

If Nigeria's roads are safe, who will shell out N50,000 for domestic flight ticket in Nigeria?
Not everyone feels comfortable strapped in a bus for 8 hours plus from Lagos to the east..
I will still pay 50k without looking back if I had the means
The southern roads are relatively calm though...

1 Like

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 21, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

If you hadn't been flying before, you go fear take off. Plane go be like carton in the air.

Which plane make they use over there?
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by JB4life: 8:22am On Feb 21, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
sad Those good days we dey travel with EKENE DILI CHUKWU @nite in peace without any ESN,UGM,miyetti Allah terrorist breeders holding us hostages.

Those desperate for power without having good plan to offer have finished Nigeria.

Only God can rescue the country.
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by emmaodet: 8:55am On Feb 21, 2022
Nonpartisan1 post=110396053 cheesy:

gringrin
Abeg make dem no do ooo. They are the ones I patronize mostly.
Coughing out 50k to and another 50k to from lag to Ph is much ooo
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 21, 2022
Air travel is a scam in Nigeria, 50k, lost baggage, no air-conditioning, no refreshment.
All cramped in a filthy tube with vermin for hours, not to talk of the humiliation of exposing your genitals to dirty airport security and walking bare footed to the plane.
Una dey try.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From Unity Park Enugu / Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance / Malaysia-Based Nigerian Man Crushed To Death By Dangote Truck (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.