Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,265 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 (33421 Views)

How Much Is Your Transport Fare For Those Traveling For Christmas / Arik Air To Be Renamed Nigeria Eagle / No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by emmaodet: 9:56am On Feb 21, 2022
Techsupport:
Are people making this amount of money in Nigeria or are they ready to fly half-empty planes? How much is Road transport from PH to Abuja, In a country where the average monthly income is 100k, a means of transportation is pegged at 50% of median income? I don't know who advises these businessmen but they seem to have lost touch with reality in their area of operation. Know your clients ability and make your changes based on that.

The large percentage of people using flights are mostly politicians, companies (fly their workers- it forms a large part of air traffic).
Most civil servants and average income earners or workers won’t/can’t use it

1 Like

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by midehi2(f): 11:24am On Feb 21, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

What i am saying in essence, is that, if they didn't reduce their rates, they would be swallowed by the like of Dana, Airpeace, Arik etc. Their planes are so small and inconvenient that apart from the cheap fare, there is virtually nothing that would attract customers to patronise them. My take.
They are still cheaper now on N38,000, people are going for them right now
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by midehi2(f): 11:26am On Feb 21, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

If you hadn't been flying before, you go fear take off. Plane go be like carton in the air.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by tshtsh: 11:30am On Feb 21, 2022
Avaition is a difficult business. With this base fare airlines like arik, ibom air and airpeace are better placed to benefit from this . United nigeria CEO has already signalled a partnership deal with airpeace coming up in the next few days. If that partnership is successful they'd dominate the eastern Nigeria route. United Nigeria is planning to acquire more aircrafts while airpeace has been receiving a new aircraft every three months since January 2021. Interesting times ahead
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by tshtsh: 11:44am On Feb 21, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

What i am saying in essence, is that, if they didn't reduce their rates, they would be swallowed by the like of Dana, Airpeace, Arik etc. Their planes are so small and inconvenient that apart from the cheap fare, there is virtually nothing that would attract customers to patronise them. My take.
If you buy the ticket option with 20kg check-in luggage allowance on green africa you'd pay about 50,000. But after flying on arik's 737-700/800 or air peace A320 or E195 I will not pay 50k to fly on green africa or other airlines using older equipment. The airline operators should know their position of strength. Seating down on the table with ibom air and arik and airpeace to agree on a price fixing regime may be counter productive as it will favor the big players
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by tshtsh: 11:54am On Feb 21, 2022
DeLaRue:
Greenafrica follows a deliberate policy.
1. Keep ticket prices lower than the rest. Their prices can be up to 30% cheaper than Airpeace.
2. Fly at reduced speed = save money on fuel & therefore cost.
3. Use a rugged, cheaper plane with very good safety reputation.

I suspect they're gaining market share.

When I first started flying with them on a particular route, the planes were usually no more than 25% full. Most travellers still preferred Airpeace. Now they are carrying more passengers on that route than Airpeace.

Fact is, people are cost conscious. Most people on that route prefer to pay N20k to N22k on Greenafrica than N32 - N35k on Airpeace, even if Airpeace will arrive at the destination 25 mins faster.

Greenafrica is winning on that particular route.
I believe you are referring to akure route and airpeace is making money on that route because they also use a small aircraft (ERJ145) on that route and charge much higher prices per seat than green africa. Green africa ATR72-600 can take up to 70 paxs. Air peace ERJ145 takes 50 paxs but they only need about 30 paxs out of 50 to make a profit.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
emmaodet:

The large percentage of people using flights are mostly politicians, companies (fly their workers- it forms a large part of air traffic).
Most civil servants and average income earners or workers won’t/can’t use it

well, that makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by obowunmi(m): 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
flokii:

Most of them will fold up in less than 2yrs..
How will you spend 100k to and fro Abuja from Lagos. If not for bad governance and bad roads, the distance is what one can drive.

I concur.
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by emmanok24(m): 4:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
Techsupport:
Are people making this amount of money in Nigeria or are they ready to fly half-empty planes? How much is Road transport from PH to Abuja, In a country where the average monthly income is 100k, a means of transportation is pegged at 50% of median income? I don't know who advises these businessmen but they seem to have lost touch with reality in their area of operation. Know your clients ability and make your changes based on that.

Air transportation isn’t for the poor! In the USA / Europe people who can’t afford air travels go by Greyhound Buses and Trains.

It’s all about comfort and comfort comes at a price!

1 Like

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2022
emmanok24:

Air transportation isn’t for the poor! In the USA / Europe people who can’t afford air travels go by Greyhound Buses and Trains.

It’s all about comfort and comfort comes at a price!

Chief, I am talking about the ratio of income and expenditure. A 1-hour flight in the US is around $140. Nobody in the US makes $300 a month. the price is set based on the purchasing power of the population. So this is not about being poor, this is about corporate greed and the fact like someone pointed out before, government levies and double taxation. FYI, there is nothing comfortable flying economy in a rust bucket.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by ecolime(m): 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2022
Techsupport:

Chief, I am talking about the ratio of income and expenditure. A 1-hour flight in the US is around $140. Nobody in the US makes $300 a month. the price is set based on the purchasing power of the population. So this is not about being poor, this is about corporate greed and the fact like someone pointed out before, government levies and double taxation. FYI, there is nothing comfortable flying economy in a rust bucket.

You are a wise man
Re: Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 by Missionaire: 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
Esseite:

https://www.thecable.ng/air-peace-arik-air-increase-base-fare-for-economy-flights-to-n50000/amp

Time to:
Join witchcraft, get a broom and fly for free.