Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Practical, Powerful, And Wise Quotations - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practical, Powerful, And Wise Quotations (369 Views)

THE MOST POWERFUL AND INTENSE MESSAGE FOR YOU. Do U Want To Know The PLAN / Faithful And Wise Servant Of Jesus Christ Crucified / Opinion: Do Pastors Still Obey This Commandment. (quotations) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practical, Powerful, And Wise Quotations by Eviana(f): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
A friend of mine gave me a few quotes recently, that left me speechless yet were so powerful. They were that powerful.....
While they are not direct scriptures, the words have some similarity to the Book of Proverbs....and are quite practical. As always, remember to continue praying for others...

May there be some direct encouragement for some folks who may need it.

1. You do not have to re-build a relationship with everyone you've forgiven.
Just because you're at peace, doesn't mean that they're not still toxic.
Author-Anonymous

2. People who do not respect your growth, have to go.
You can't keep explaining yourself to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.
Author-Anonymous
Re: Practical, Powerful, And Wise Quotations by Eviana(f): 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2022
Quotes continued....

3. Your worst battle is between what you "know" and what you "feel".
Author-Anonymous

(I liken this quote to biblical passages about feelings/emotions pertaining to how we sometimes think God feels about us on this Christian journey--when we act less than satisfactory--as opposed to what God says about us in His Word).

4. Forgive yourself for NOT knowing...what you did NOT know....before you learned it.
Author-Maya Angelou

5. The best apology is changed behavior.
Author-Anonymous
Re: Practical, Powerful, And Wise Quotations by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 21, 2022
Eviana:

1. You do not have to re-build a relationship with everyone you've forgiven.
Just because you're at peace, doesn't mean that they're not still toxic.
Author-Anonymous
The question is who is toxic? Toxic people do not realize this and they quote this too. I agree one may not need to rebuild a broken relationship again. We should allow the Holy Spirit to lead us.

2. People who do not respect your growth, have to go.
You can't keep explaining yourself to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.
Author-Anonymous

What kind of growth? A yahoo boy's success is bad growth but to him, anyone who speaks against him is envious. What is your growth? If you are sure you are on the right path, move with people who are into what you do so you do not keep explaining yourself. Therefore, you have to go, and not the other way round. Go along with people who agree with you, and leave behind those who do not so you have no explanation to make. For example, any denomination which says it is only its doctrines that are the way should not try to mix up with others. The members should stay on their own, marry themselves, fellowship with themselves alone. Their growth is peculiar to them. Others can judge their growth cos it may be strange. Therefore, they should be the ones to go. When they don't try to preach their strange doctrines, they will have no explanation to make. But if they want to interact, they must be ready to explain and re-explain many things, even show results with evidence.

Eviana:
Quotes continued....

3. Your worst battle is between what you "know" and what you "feel".
Author-Anonymous

(I liken this quote to biblical passages about feelings/emotions pertaining to how we sometimes think God feels about us on this Christian journey--when we act less than satisfactory--as opposed to what God says about us in His Word).
Rather, train yourself to depend on the Holy Spirit so you can ignore what you know and what you feel. It will make your Christian journey easier. You will do more of what is written in His words as you allow the Holy Spirit more. The emphasis is on the Holy Spirit and not on our effort. Your quote is more of human effort.

4. Forgive yourself for NOT knowing...what you did NOT know....before you learned it.
Author-Maya Angelou
Forgiving is good, but not an excuse for not doing what is right after knowing what used not to know. After learning what is right, you must ask the Holy Spirit how to make things right. And follow the lead of the Holy Spirit. But just saying you have forgiven yourself for what you did in the time of " unknown" can have huge negative consequences

5. The best apology is changed behavior.
Author-Anonymous

It is called repentance. 180 degrees turn around. But we must change first before expecting others to; else, this saying will injure us. Your neighbor may be 99% wrong, have you repented of your own 1%?

I do not use anonymous, I prefer using what is in the Bible because they are Holy Spirit dependent. Read your Bible and pray daily. Depend more on the Holy Spirit. When you do, you will find more Biblical quotes instead of anonymous

Peace.joy.love be to you.

1 Like

Re: Practical, Powerful, And Wise Quotations by Nobody: 3:38am On Feb 26, 2022
Eviana,
Looks like my post hurt you. Or maybe you are afraid. It is a pure discussion here. I expect you to continue. Perhaps make comments on where I have disagreed with you. But you have decided to crawl into your shell in your diary comfort zone. Just an advice here. I have told you that I am going to make comments when I see anything interesting. Please, feel free to discuss here and elsewhere with me. Say your mind. So, say your mind....and continue your thread. We don't need to agree every time. This is the beauty of it all.

(1) (Reply)

NSPPD 17th March 2022 Live Prayers With Pastor Jerry Eze / I Spent Mother’s Day In Hospital!! / Pastor Dr. Paul Enenche Medical Outreach At IDP Camp (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.