Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. (3344 Views)

Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values / Plateau Killings: Pastor And His Wife Cry As His Church Was Burned Down / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by AoifeNightfall: 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
I'm not trying to shade Anglicans but seriously, the foundations of the Anglican Church is kinda weird undecided

So the King of England wanted to have sex with a hot woman and give birth to male children so bad he broke away from the Catholic Church grin

Just thinking...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by FBIBOT(m): 10:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
Is that not bitcoin on her neck? cheesy

25 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by AoifeNightfall: 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
FBIBOT:
Is that not bitcoin on her neck? cheesy

Lol cheesy no. It's her family's surname, "Boleyn"

An ancient feminist grin

7 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by bigpicture001: 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
Yes.. the full very interesting story has been acted in the season Movie "Tudor"

That is the surname of the king and his lineage

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by posty56: 10:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
AoifeNightfall:
I'm not trying to shade Anglicans but seriously, the foundations of the Anglican Church is kinda weird undecided

So the King of England wanted to have sex with a hot woman and give birth to male children so bad he broke away from the Catholic Church grin

Just thinking...
what is the essence of this thread? I see people who bash churches as demented people, this life na personal relationship with God,if like go ,Christ embassy,go opm, go salvation ministry etc. everything all boils than to your personal relationship with God.

P.S:- I am Catholic.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by AoifeNightfall: 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2022
bigpicture001:
Yes.. the full very interesting story has been acted in the season Movie "Tudor"

Nice. I've been intrigued by Anne Boleyn since childhood. A very interesting character.

I'll check the movie.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Vinnie2000(m): 11:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
So you are just getting to know?

The story has it that King Henry XVIII wanted a heir which his wife (I think Catherine) couldnt give him.

As a known Catholic, He met the Pope for a Divorce inorder to marry his Mistress (Anne Boleyn or so) but the Pope said Catholic church cannot dissolve the marriage on flimsy reasons. sad

So he Cut ties with the Roman Pope and formed the church of England (Anglican church). smiley

Read this in our Literature in English Selected WAEC Novel,(A Man for all season) far back 2006.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by dawnomike(m): 11:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
posty56:
what is the essence of this thread? I see people who bash churches as demented people, this life na personal relationship with God,if like go ,Christ embassy,go opm, go salvation ministry etc. everything all boils than to your personal relationship with God.

One of the few sensible people on Nairaland spotted

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by AoifeNightfall: 11:06pm On Feb 20, 2022
posty56:

Who fĂșcking cares?
I'm not bashing any church.

The Anglican Church was created because King Henry VII wanted divorce from his wife. He was desperate for a male child and wanted to marry a younger woman but pope Clement refused to annul his marriage. So with the help of the younger woman (Anne Boleyn) he made England a Protestant country. And got his long sought after divorce.

Then the reforms for this new church came later.

The initial reason for the creation of the church was not because they were sick of the corruption in the Catholic Church like other Protestant churches that came after or before but because a man lusted after another woman and was desperate for a male child he wanted divorce.

It's funny to me.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Vinnie2000(m): 11:15pm On Feb 20, 2022
AoifeNightfall:

Who fĂșcking cares?
I'm not bashing any church.

The Anglican Church was created because King Henry VII wanted divorce from his wife. He was desperate for a male child and wanted to marry a younger woman but pope Clement refused to annul his marriage. So with the help of the younger woman (Anne Boleyn) he made England a Protestant country. And got his long sought after divorce.

Then the reforms for this new church came later.

The initial reason for the creation of the church was not because they were sick of the corruption in the Catholic Church like other Protestant churches that came after but because a man lusted after another woman and was desperate for a male child he wanted divorce.

It was actually the Anglican church that more Churches now sprang from..e.g Methodist, Presbyterian, Puritans, etc..

Catholic church remained as it was. smiley

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by AoifeNightfall: 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
Vinnie2000:

It was actually the Anglican church that more Churches now sprang from..e.g Methodist, Presbyterian, Puritans, etc..

Catholic church remained as it was. smiley

The Lutheran Church broke out of the Catholic Church too.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by udede(m): 4:08am On Feb 21, 2022
posty56:

You are a very wise man
Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by michlins(m): 4:31am On Feb 21, 2022
Here's another twist to the story. The King already persuaded the Pope to marry Catherine who normally shouldn't be his wife but like all marriages,it came under strain. He felt he could persuade the church the second time and like all powerful people, when he couldn't get his way,he broke link with Rome. He didn't mean to start another church as no one wants to fight the Pope that time

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Vinnie2000(m): 5:39am On Feb 21, 2022
AoifeNightfall:

The Lutheran Church broke out of the Catholic Church too.

Yea but This particular incident happened like a century earlier b4 the King Henry and Pope fall out.
Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by juman(m): 5:56am On Feb 21, 2022
That is religion for you.
Even today most religious leaders across the world think about how to amass wealth for themselves.
You would see billionaires among them.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Vulcanheph(m): 8:44am On Feb 21, 2022
Another irony is that the woman known as Catherine ( the king's wife) was also his late brother's widow.

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Rickmann: 10:24am On Feb 21, 2022
AoifeNightfall:

Just thinking...

King Henry the VIII was known to have up to 3 wives at the time. Pls stop ur erroneous teachings.

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Rickmann: 10:26am On Feb 21, 2022
AoifeNightfall:

Just thinking...

This exactly is the Origin of the split.
King Henry the VIII was known to have up to 3 wives at the time.

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Axis313(m): 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
bigpicture001:

The Tudors.
Her name is Anne Boleyn
Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Amadi84: 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2022
E choke you?
First of all how did the church founded by the desciples of Jesus in Israel become Roman Catholic church? Leave am dia.

The British King sabi something. You want him to end a leadership position his family has been enjoying in the name of one Pope of a church in Rome?
Story!

He founded his own church, married another babe and got a heir to the throne. Today the Roman Catholic church cannot talk to the British monarchy anyhow.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by AoifeNightfall: 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
Amadi84:
E choke you?
First of all how did the church founded by the desciples of Jesus in Israel become Roman Catholic church? Leave am dia.

The British King sabi something. You want him to end a leadership position his family has been enjoying in the name of one Pope of a church in Rome?
Story!

He founded his own church, married another babe and got a heir to the throne. Today the Roman Catholic church cannot talk to the British monarchy anyhow.

Yeah, but that heir didn't last.

Instead the daughters he rejected became Queens of England and his daughter with Anne Boleyn made England great.
Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2022
AoifeNightfall:

Just thinking...
___The Roman Catholic church was created by men who wished to wield power and control over a movement that claimed access to the power of God , Christians.

___ The Anglican church was created because King Henry wanted to get rid of his wife to marry another

___ the protestant movement happened because men wanted a share of the control and power over the people that had belonged in the hands of Rome for well over a millennium

Indeed, the churches of this world have their foundations built atop the greed of men and are not of God. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
cheesy
Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
___The Roman Catholic church was created by men who wished to wield power and control over a movement that claimed access to the power of God , Christians.

___ The Anglican church was created because King Henry wanted to get rid of his wife to marry another

___ the protestant movement happened because men wanted a share of the control and power over the people that had belonged in the hands of Rome for well over a millennium

Indeed, the churches of this world have their foundations built atop the greed of men and are not of God. undecided
Of course, that's why majek Fashek the great said "religion is politics, lots of people know the tricks"... because religions were borne out of a man or group of men's selfish interest, which exactly is what politics is, all about interest.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by drnoel: 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
AoifeNightfall:

Just thinking...

Church of England or Anglican
Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Exkandayee(m): 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2022
drnoel:

Church of England or Anglican
Church of England Anglican communion grin
Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by drnoel: 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
Exkandayee:

Church of England Anglican communion grin

Lol, on Ur own
Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by Polynek(m): 2:15am On Mar 02, 2022
Vinnie2000:

So you are just getting to know?

The story has it that King Henry XVIII wanted a heir which his wife (I think Catherine) couldnt give him.

As a known Catholic, He met the Pope for a Divorce inorder to marry his Mistress (Anne Boleyn or so) but the Pope said Catholic church cannot dissolve the marriage on flimsy reasons. sad

So he Cut ties with the Roman Pope and formed the church of England (Anglican church). smiley

Read this in our Literature in English Selected WAEC Novel,(A Man for all season) far back 2006.
You too much bro
Re: I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. by sky24post(f): 2:17am On Mar 02, 2022

(1) (Reply)

The Tithe Is Unlawful - Nigerian Follow Follow Christians Will Believe Anything / Quran Says Jesus Is Superior To Mohamed / Atheism Is The Uncoolest Choice Ever, And I Can Prove It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.