Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m (3716 Views)

See How Fuel Scarcity Boosts My Productivity / Entrepreneur Turns Boeing 747-Jet To A 27-room Hostel / Do You Want To Win Football Pool This Week 27? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by ZnO: 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2011
Enugu boosts mechanized farming with 27 tractors worth N79m
On June 26, 2011 · In News

By Tony Edike

ENUGU -  THE Enugu State government’s drive to boost its agricultural fortunes through mechanized farming got a massive push at the weekend with the arrival of a first batch of 27 brand new multi-purpose tractors.

Receiving the tractors at the old Government Lodge Enugu, Governor Sullivan Chime described their arrival as a major leap in the‘’ silent revolution’’ that has been going on in the agricultural sector in the state adding that it marked a new era in government’s efforts to end large scale manual farming in the state and make it a leader in the Agricultural sector.

He disclosed that the government had prepared the grounds for the immediate deployment of the tractors with the establishment of two world class farm settlements in Adani and Heneke in Uzo Uwani and Ezeagu local government areas respectively adding that the settlements and others were capable of supplying all of the state’s agricultural needs in grains, vegetables and tubers and creating over 3,000 new jobs each year.

He said, “Our dream of turning Enugu State into an agricultural paradise and making agriculture the pillar of its economy has taken root. We already have two world class farm settlements capable of supplying all our needs in Agriculture and creating jobs for our teeming youths.

Our multi-purpose, 4-wheel drive tractors have now started arriving and we are confident that very soon that those trucks which normally bring farm produce to Enugu state from other parts of the country will soon be heading in the opposite direction”.
Full Article:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/enugu-boosts-mechanized-farming-with-27-tractors-worth-n79m/
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by ZnO: 5:32pm On Jun 26, 2011
This Chime guy is definitely into something big and positive.

But, 27 tractors for 79 million? Sounds too cheap. Abi na China tractor? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by HighChief4(m): 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2011
This is the only performing Governor I know in Nigeria as far as am concerned
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2011
High_Chief:

^^^ He's trying, but i wouldn't go as far as saying he's the ONLY performing Governor. Fashola, Oshiomole and Amaechi are trying as well, but they all need to have their feet 'held to the fire' as it were, so they don't slacken in performance but improve: there's still a lot to do.

As far as i'm concerned, the jury's still out on Peter Obi.
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by egift(m): 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2011
Yes not the only one - but definitely performing. Keep it up my able Governor.

You are invited to join us - http://www.facebook.com/thecoalcity - Cheers!
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by HighChief4(m): 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ He's trying, but i wouldn't go as far as saying he's the ONLY performing Governor. Fashola, Oshiomole and Amaechi are trying as well, but they all need to have their feet 'held to the fire' as it were, so they don't slacken in performance but improve: there's still a lot to do.

As far as i'm concerned, the jury's still out on Peter Obi.

Oshiomole should not be on that list, that man is a disappointment.
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2011
ZnO:

This Chime guy is definitely into something.

But, 27 tractors for 79 million? Sounds too cheap. Abi na China tractor? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

^^^ I think the amount quoted -if true- just shows financial prudence. We're so used to hearing projects/schemes of billions (normally as a result of wuruwuru, like the second Abuja airport runway fiasco), that when we see an amount like 79 million, we think it's being done on the cheap. And when you check what's been done with the billions quoted, it's normally sub-standard with poor finishing. Examples abound, like the domestic terminal in Lagos: that terminal building is anything but cutting-edge and dynamic-looking angry.

The 79 million is just about half a million dollars, so it sounds plausible. Also, the government may have got some discount and concessions for buying in bulk.
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by seanet02: 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2011
High_Chief:

Why would he not be your best? When Roundabout and flyovers are your standard for good governance in your gully erosion pervaded kidnapping den called ibo land? Some of you ibos just think the world start and ends in iboland. SMH
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by HighChief4(m): 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2011
^^^This your obsession is really getting out of hand, why cant you stop thinking about Igbos while Mast.urb.ating. And I say it again, he is the ONLY performing Governor to me, albeit Rochas will also do well. So go hang yourself. Ode
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:30pm On Jun 26, 2011
@Zno, wheres the source to this fake story? Common!! You expect me to waste time reading that crap you posted up there? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by ZnO: 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2011
RICHIE BOI:

@Zno, wheres the source to this fake story? Common!! You expect me to waste time reading that crap you posted up there?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.     

Hahaha!! My dear German copy cat.
Guten Abend
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by udezue(m): 12:11am On Jun 27, 2011
Good
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 28, 2011
ZnO:

This Chime guy is definitely into something big and positive.

Mr, how can u say tractor at that price is cheap? undecided
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by Soundmind(m): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2011
Good news.
Thank God you want to enter into the hinter lands now. The last four years was almost spent in Enugu municipality alone. Please do more.

I heard shiri shiri that Igbonekwu Ogazimora is coming to join Enugu State Cabinet as SA. I hope this is not a miscalculation.

Jisie Ike nna a. Chukwu gozie gi.
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by SUV(f): 11:03am On Jun 28, 2011
Why would he not be your best? When Roundabout and flyovers are your standard for good governance in your gully erosion pervaded kidnapping den called ibo land? Some of you ibos just think the world start and ends in iboland. SMH

Excuse me! must you tribalise every post cos u r mgbati? pls get a life.

the poster may not have gone outside Enugu so he was speaking his mind.
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by member479760: 11:25am On Jun 28, 2011
when you loot them, just buy some old painted stuffs like tractors, invite press to tell the whole country, you will be fine. Nigerians cheap mentality.
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by faceurbook: 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2011
Na today! angry 27 Tractors, abeg make dem comot from my front make I see road! Ask for those tractors in the next 3 months and they will have to "set up a committee" to answer that inquiry. Did I not go to the State ADP last farming season to hire a tractor for a project I was working on in Ugwogo Nike, wetin I hear, no tractor available despite say after paying for the hiring na me go bring money for diesel to power the tractor and "motivate the tractor operator", Tractors has been leased to farmers in the State bordering Enugu to the North (u dey waste ur time, if u dey wait make I type the name of State, proved to yourself that the Geography classes you took wasn't a waste of time grin).

Forget Anambra own, went to their ADP office (along Enugu-Onitsha Road just b4 amawbia junction), kon see fine tractors, looking soooo fine, no pimples wink I enter office say I wan hire tractor for work in Achalla, dem say the tractors have not been commissioned (dem neva show am for TV as one of the laudable achievements of the Governor) yhey directed me to ASTRAC (Anambra State Tractor Company) whey dey for Igbariam (the place is 5mins drive away from Anambra State University). Dat place is better qualified as a scrap yard, If some of our igbo bros whey dey deal on scrap go there, dem go load plenty 40ft containers there grin Only 2 were functionable, one has been hired to someone in Abagana and 3 others were on the waiting list, the other has "some little problem" and if am in dire need of it "we can work out an arrangement" I ended up fixing the tractor with N32,000 for an exchange of 8 days use of it alongside personally fueling it, paying and feeding the operator and also not forgetting his snuff angry

THIS IS HOW NIGERIA IS REVOLUTIONIZING AGRICULTURE! embarassed cry embarassed cry embarassed cry
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by chines4(m): 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2011
Bros u even see tractor hire and your complaining. What if there is no tractor nko?. This a good project. we need far more tractors and more investment in agricultural sub-sector. PPP may be seriously considered to manage the tractors
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by foward1212(m): 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2011
Thats something postive by my governor, ride on oga
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by marocguy(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2011
fortunately,i am from the farm settlement area in uzouwani L.G.A and i can tell you that work is rapidly moving fast there. A commendable agric revolution program is going on in enugu state,under the directory of Dr. Olaedo,the agric commisioner. The government last year sent farmers on agric extension programmes to agric projects in some west african countries and they have been schemed into the program as extension officers. The adani farm settlement originally established by late micheal okpara has rice production capacity of supplying the whole of south east when fully utilised. The obasanjo exco gave a 1bn naira contract 4 renovation of d adarice farm project in may 2007,since then minimal work has been done,on d canals and dam situated there. Sulivan chime govt has seen a tremendous rehabilitation of the agric project,as seen in d staff quarters being rebuilt,electrification project,training of farmers,reform of the adarice company,and rebuilding of the roads which is in view according to the goveror himself. All these take a lot of time to gradually achieve.
I see enugu state agriculturally self sufficient by 2015 and even suppliying other southeastern states with basic food items. The days of reliance on the north and midbelt regions would soon be ova in enugu,courtesy my silent lowbudget achieving governor.
I had d prievilage of eating trial water melon seeds produced in the farms by the programe wen i went to the villa recently.
This is no magic,enugu is experiencing rapid development. I am a witness. May God fortify chime n broaden his vision to serve d people
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by dustydee: 1:07pm On Jun 28, 2011
Agriculture is one sector every state can invest in and make good money especially with the rising cost of food. it can also create employment big time.I don't know why they all wait for oil money.
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by faceurbook: 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2011
@marocguy,

Did you get to visit the Adani rice project? What's the current level of work there? I was there sometime in 2009 (we were visiting some rice projects in Adani and took out to see the ruins of a Project that is capable of putting rice on millions of Nigerian's dining tables. sad

I saw huge scraps of Boilers, sorters, de-stoners dehullers etc littering the place, with 2 slippers wearing, roger-hunger policemen "protecting them". From the dams, scraps, hedges you will see shadows of billions spent there! angryThousands of hectares of rice farmland (uzo uwani get land ooooooooooooooo) lying waste while Govt is busy calculating how much they would be making from importation of rice. Nigeria is a state that is lost from within sad
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by marocguy(m): 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2011
@faceurbook,i didnt visit there,my community,igga has almost 3/4 of the farmland the rice project is situated in.
My brother just as you saw it,the abandoned rice farm,equimments and infracstructure is a goldmine that is just neglected. I hope chime is the answer,though it requires the collaboration of federal n state govt to put the place to maximum production. The job potential is simply inestimable.
I have been working on getting private investor partnership but cos of little research about my area,its being proving futile.
The farm,irrigation,dam and infracstructure  was constructed by a japanese company for the federal govt sometym in the 1970's.
Wot purpose took you to my little known hinterland man??
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by ak47mann(m): 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2011
we just have to carry on moving forward!!!
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by MMM2(m): 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2011
Dats good,
Keep it on governor.
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2011
Nigerians should learn that any commercial / economic enterprise that the FG or states embark on will be unsustainable and ultimately fail. Why do we fail to learn this after 50 years of failed state run enterprises.

The government has no business owning and running farms. They cannot do it and it WILL FAIL. They have always failed and will continue to fail at running enterprises. Farming should be strictly left to agri-businesses. The government should only support them with good policies.

It beats me why people are saying government should "invest" in agriculture? Since when did the government become a businessman? How many businesses have they run successfully and what is the ROI on their "investment"? What are the millions of Nigerians doing that they have to wait for the state to put food on their table?

In few years, all we will have from this tractors are scrap with billions down the drain!
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by faceurbook: 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2011
@macroguy

I don waka ooooooo, actually we were headed to some rice farmlands in omasi (the first community in Anambra, when you enter it from Adani Enugu) because road bad to the place , na im we enter Adani to go round to re-enter Anambra through the back of the Adarice farm project to Olympic Farms belonging to late Magnate Sir Joe Nwankwo, which was equally set up by the Japanese in the 80's but worse off than the Adarice projects, as all frames and roofings of the warehouses and farmhouses has been vandalized by his first son and thieves, the offices and the warehouses can serve as a good location to shoot[b] the remake of Dracula[/b] grin The bats there are fearful lipsrsealed

Fiofio, Okpa and Ose Nsukka is damn too cheap in your area wink
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by goggs(m): 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2011
while this is good. i would love to hear 270 tractors pumped to enugu farmers so it can go round t all deserving farmers. A steyr tractor cost about 3.5 million. Maser fergurson costs much more while Indian made mahindra is cheapest, so for that price chime may have gotten good discounts or purchased directly
Re: Enugu Boosts Mechanized Farming With 27 Tractors Worth N79m by BugBreart(m): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2011
Being skilled to judge footage, expedite, and time is the opener to move to an intersection safely.
A reputable florida traffic school can help you understand this.
Drivers must be talented to adjudge how much time it longing sponsor them to proceed washing one's hands of the intersection at their widespread step on the gas of travel.
Do they take the span at that haste to safely travel the required distance preceding the time when a cross-traffic status quo occurs?
You obligated to be modified to stop within the model 100 feet ex to an intersection.
If you happen to pass these marks, do not turn tail from your agency up, as pedestrians may be walking behind your vehicle.
Parenthetically lanes are championing passing. There is no affair or dupe to driving, the driver hardly needs to be paying attention.
Motor vehicle operators should urgency a en passant lane when the attempted maneuver is perceived as safe and shrewd and can be completed without the use of excessive speed.
The maneuver forced to also be completed within a moderate amount of time, and the driver be required to be enduring okay visibility of all roadways and vehicles he or she may lay hold of or be faked by.
Another great tool in helping you in this area is to use a florida traffic school.
Drivers should be advised that highway on-ramps are after entrance to and preparation for highway driving. When entering highways, drivers be compelled no longer voyages at the drastically reduced speeds of the essence on see driving.
Drivers are called upon to spread speeds to that of the highway transportation and necessity the on-ramp and subsequent merging lanes as a means to whirl smoothly into highway traffic.
Drivers must signal, augmentation speed, and mix safely into the flow of traffic.
Combine lanes, of direction, are acquainted with looking for “merging” – they are typically unplentiful at near mould and purpose betwixt at some location in time. Lane closures also upshot at some point in time.
Closed lanes on a highway instruct special r‚clame and driver courtesy.
Some drivers on stick around until the last imaginable half a mo and take on to pry out into transport in advance the lane closes.
Other drivers call to be hip that these drivers are a specific threaten to the drift of traffic. Attempts to design such inconsiderate drivers may lead to other more important consequences, such as driver confrontations or multiple pile crashes.
All drivers force a chargeability to correct their dispatch in order to allow gaps for merging traffic. If drivers suitably period their following rigidity, these adjustments last will and testament be negligible and importantly capable to the soft run of traffic. If you are traveling in the right lane and you approach a freeway onramp, you should be posted that other traffic may attempt to blend either in fa‡ade of you or behind you.
If you can, it is best to affect in default of the revenge lane to tolerate these vehicles easier entrance.
More tips on defensive driving will follow.

(1) (Reply)

Black Belt MLM Recruiting Strategy That Rocks Revealed. / How to get Your Fully Verified Stripe Account To Recieve Card Payments / Maersk Plans Expansion In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.