Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? (16732 Views)

I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? / How Much Can I Sell This Snake I Killed In My Hustle Today ? / Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 21, 2022
I have a self contained Flat that's giving me 165k every year. But I want to sell the place to invest in business that will give me 120k to 150k every month, because I'm married now, responsiblites will spring up. and dont want to depend fully on 180k salary.

Could this be good or bad idea?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by olukaygold(m): 1:27am On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:
I have a self contained Flat that's giving me 165k every year. But I want to sell the place to invest in business that will give me 120k to 150k every month, because I'm married now, responsiblites will spring up. and dont want to depend fully on 180k salary.

mynd44
lalasticlala
seun
Na bad idea if you've to sell your properties to start a business bro...

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 21, 2022
olukaygold:

Thanks
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by olukaygold(m): 1:48am On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Thanks
For clarity sake, cos of building a house is skyrocking everyday,If you sell that house today,you go need double or more amounts to build another one tomorrow. House is an investment that doesn't depreciate,im giving advice based on my experience cos I was once about to sell my house at a ridiculous price around 2020 when things were not moving well for me but I didn't later get a buyer,I later finished the house last year and rent it out around 400k last year,this year now,that apartment alone is 600k. So pls don't sell your property to start a business,You go regret am later.look for business money else where...this business you're about to ventured into now,you don't know how the future go be,it never get stability. No start wetin go give you sleepless night and depression ooo

272 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by yomi007k(m): 4:36am On Feb 21, 2022
I pity you bro.

You want to leave the known for the unknown.

Business no easy as u dey think am plus you wont even have time to manage it yourself.

I pity you once again.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Patented: 4:55am On Feb 21, 2022
Take A loan using the house as collateral instead. Since you are so confident about the business.
POSmecrhant:

mynd44
lalasticlala
seun

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by 9jayes: 11:55am On Feb 21, 2022
Where’s the location? I want to sell some of my investment and buy house…

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Timblogga: 11:55am On Feb 21, 2022
Haa, better be sure before selling the house o. Most business look so promising on the outside before you get into the inside, and for many you will lose more on the business before you start seeing returns on the long run.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by RapistOnBail: 11:55am On Feb 21, 2022

I would rather stay in a rented apartment and amass billions and then build a retirement home so I could relax when I’m old.

Op,

Sell that house. You no come this life to come relax. I know you are still young. You can start up that business and grow it.

Naturally, your instinct go tell you when you need to relax and let the younger generation run your business.

Use your head!

The people advising you against selling off that liability called house never hold enough money for hand when them Dey young and active.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by nony43(m): 11:55am On Feb 21, 2022
Have you done this business before? It not really a good idea.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by BigDawsNet: 11:56am On Feb 21, 2022
angry

Common Buddy, your house is your asset

Do not sell it

Business in Nigeria can go side ways..
You loose your money
You loose your home ..

Rethink broda...

Rather... Get a loan with your house as a loan collateral...
Speak to your lawyer and business analyst about your buisness before you start...

12 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by HeadNigga: 11:56am On Feb 21, 2022
Dumbest move ever. If the business too sure and you have no other option use the house as a collateral to obtain the loan. Don't sell your house chief.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:56am On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Bad idea.

If you were selling it to travel to the US or UK, that would have been a different case, in the sense that your relocation "might" put you in a situation of earning a much higher Naira income that you'd use to repurchase a new property.

But since you're planning on selling to invest in a Nigerian business, I'd rather advise that you seek your funding from a different source. So if God forbid the business was to go bad, you'd still have your real estate intact (and appreciating in value as time progresses).

24 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by money121(m): 11:56am On Feb 21, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by olola4(m): 11:57am On Feb 21, 2022
That's a very wrong idea - Your house which is giving you 165k is already a business, why will you kill a moving business to start another one you are not certain about.

It will be best to save up from the money you are making from your house to start a new business so that you won't loose on both side at the end.

23 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Olam09(m): 11:57am On Feb 21, 2022
olukaygold:

I don't think so. As far the business is legit, He can.
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by MrHighSea: 11:57am On Feb 21, 2022
Pls don't go down that road.

Source for funds somewhere else.

Best, take a loan that 50% of your salary can service for at most 2 years.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by dalass(f): 11:57am On Feb 21, 2022
Wrong idea

Property (land/house) is an investment that always appreciate in this country.

At least you have 180k. Manage that one for your family. Business terrain is harsh these days o

3 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by CelestineNelson: 11:57am On Feb 21, 2022
Then stay under bridge when you come back from work...just guessing

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Olam09(m): 11:57am On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Yes, you can but make sure it's a sure business sha.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by sqated: 11:58am On Feb 21, 2022
Location and price?
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Baawaa(m): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2022
R
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by kenniefawole(m): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2022
Selling your house to invest in a business isn’t advisable. No business is 100% guaranteed besides real estate is the new oil … At the moment , you have one that is giving a yearly profit of 165k , which might even subsequently increase , but you are about to sell that off and invest in an “uncertain business” … In the worst case scenario , use the house as a collateral to get a loan then repay the loan from the profit , that way you will be on the more safe side .

Anyways , in case anyone here is looking for a digital business to invest . Check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6786474/cost-creating-blog-nigeria-how

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by dogmart(m): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2022
That would be a very bad action to take.
No matter how certain you are of the business's prospects NEVER sell property because of it.

If u are that certain, get a loan from somewhere else to invest in the business. If you cannot find a loan, just forget the business for now.

This is coming from personal experience. Business is always sweet on paper, but .... tongue
(I don't need to finish the sentence)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by jaxxy(m): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2022
Will that business buy u another house??

Though 165k yearly is not a decent revenue bt u still have an asset. If u must liquidate/sell the house u must be able to get another house or asset from the investment/business if not u will end up with no money or asset.

So the big question now is what is the risk factor and potential revenue and “GROWTH” of this New business??

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by proclinician: 11:58am On Feb 21, 2022
u wan sell ur house invest in ponzi?

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Totohoazi: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2022
Wait let me ask Ifa

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Fireboy02: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:

pls dont try it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Letter Of Financial Assistance / Charcoal Business Booms In Ondo As Cooking Gas Price Increases / Fake $100 In Circulation, ABCON Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.