Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia (30214 Views)

Nigerians Should Stop Travelling Abroad ( GEJ Transformation) / One Of Those Reasons Young Nigerians Should Go Abroad / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by togs: 6:55am On Jan 18, 2012
Thanks 4 ur response. Its really appreciated.

Sorry I didnt mention that she's an Aussie citizen.
She's rounding up her degree program in d next few months and we plan to get married soon. I will then need to migrate there to join her. For this to happen, I need either an intending partner visa or a spouse visa. Both require the partner who is the citizen to fulfill the role of sponsor for the other. Meaning she must be working or earning.

This is where I need info on what level of income is expected of her.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by cj1080(m): 11:47am On Jan 18, 2012
That she‘s a citizen makes it a whole lot more easier.
From what i can gather,she only has to state that she‘s inviting you and indicate that she will be organising a work permit for you there.

Or that she can fend for you.Her income is not a major issue, except she‘s not the one handling the for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2012
togs:

Hello All,
Please I need to know what the income requirement is for sponsoring a partner visa to Australia.

I am in nigeria and have a good job here. But my intending fiancee is in Aussie has been doing contracts job basically. She's rounding up her degree program very soon and plans to get a permanent job thereafter. I am pretty confident of landing a job soon after i land in Aussie. But according to the immigration requirement she has to sponsor my visa application.

I'd just like to know the minimum income level (in australian dollars) required for her to sponsor me for the visa.

Comments are appreciated in advance smiley

Honey, it will take a 5minutes call from your gf to the immigration to get you all the information you need. She's a citizen and if she really wants you here, she knows what to do.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by cj1080(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2012
Well said love,well said.

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by togs: 11:08am On Jan 19, 2012
Thanks guys,

I just hope its as simple as u guyz make it sound. smiley
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by laz4rich: 1:06am On Jan 20, 2012
HELLO BISIJOHN AM INTO ICT, WHAT WAY CAN YOU BE OF HELP TO ME IN GETTING A JOB IN AUSTRALIA,

I WOULD BE GLAD U REPLY.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by rafcrown(m): 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2012
Would like to move to Australia from Uk.British Citizen and Masters in Career Counselling.Any great person to advice.rafcrownus@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by eghost247(m): 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
lets be realistic there is racism everywhere
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by IykeD(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2012
eghost247:

lets be realistic there is racism everywhere 

True! if we are killing one another in Nigeria, then I do not see why we should frown at a white man looking at us in an awkward manner, at least he hasn't killed anyone! Btw, to the topic, Aussie is cool, really think if i have to leave where I am, it has to be to Aussie!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by humblepie: 9:00am On Mar 31, 2012
@jennykadry

Thanks for ur response jare my sister abi ur brother in diaspora here down under pls can u inbox me ur mail for a chat ...stay blessed
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by remmy27(f): 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
malabu22:
@GBASKY

Sure, Id tell u this, its a nice place and worth being here but you shall be patient and willing to spend money. The visa proccess took a long time, the egit way to apply is thru d embasy in south africa. Came here under a working visa, through my father. Medicals, federal police checks, fingerprinting and all that. They also make sure that u have enough money in ur account b4 bein here or a permanent job while here. The long stay working visa's are 4yrs long and student visa's are as long as your course goes.

Now while here, id advise anyone to apply for permanent residency (PR), so you can come back to australia at anytime and after being in the country with PR, u are eligible to get citizenship, that allows u to travel around most countries without a visa and disrespect cheesy.

Depending on the employer, you may wait a very long time to get PR (we are still waiting), to go around this issue, find a lovely woman/man (nigerian or ur choice with an aus passport to marry).

hope i helped and feel free to ask any questions.
pls can we share my privacy on ds issue throug lovelyini27@gmail.com. Thakns
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by remmy27(f): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
malabu22:
@GBASKY

You are welcome.

Visit WWW.immi.gov.au, as it has been a long time since we went through with the proccessing. If you have a degree it would be easier to get a job. Search www.seek.com.au for jobs. Jobs that are high in demand, Nurse, doctor, other health and medical fields, mining and social/community work. I am studying criminology at the moment and working as a youth worker, I believe it is one field that our country is lacking, all the doctors in nigeria, yet we have social issues, the problem is before we get to the hospital!

The asians have taken over engineering jobs (not being racist or anything), but if your qualifications are flash in any other industry of field, you shall have a great chance. The mentality that you need to be a doctor or engineer to have a great job doesnt exist here, even plumbers get as much as doctors if they are well qualified. it also helps knowing people that reside in Australia and can confirm that your application is legit.
pls as an holder of BSC/EDU SOCIOLOGY, WHATS MY CHANCES?
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by drumma(m): 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
You're right bro... after going thru the thread, I decided to hunt for jobs in my field and even called one of the recruitment lady and she was so pleased to speak to me in fact that job could have been mine if I had a work permit in Australia.....

She however told me that there are company's who sponsor travel and she will keep my CV in file should any spring up.... I was surprised when I woke up this morning to see her mail saying she's received my CV and would keep in touch.

I was initially thinking of Dubai but If i can just get a residence permit in Australia, I won't thinking twice about the chance.

Any one with any useful hint on how I can go through their rigid visa process?

EzeUche1:
I have a friend who lives in Australia and he loves it, but he doesn't understand why Nigerians do not like traveling to the country compared to the United States and Canada.

Should Nigerians look at Nigeria as well?
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by drumma(m): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
gbasky.... are you based in Aussie?

GBASKY:

SO CAN YOU SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE AND HOW YOU MADE IT THERE
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by toluene23(f): 1:59am On Oct 28, 2014
URgent!!!!Please Malabu 22.Send me Ur Email.I have som Confidential Issue to discuss with You.I receive a Mail from Two Companies there in Australia...Am a Biochemist so I was asked som questions and they asked me to send som thgs...Plz I wnt u to hlp me out...You can plz send me ur email here so we can discuss it there .Thanks
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Duchessitua: 1:12am On Jun 27, 2017
OK my name is happiness,and I n my husband want to relocate to Australia, pls can you guys. . . anyone help in describing life there right now for Nigerians pls?
My email Addy is ituahappy@gmail.com.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by maternal: 5:21am On Jun 28, 2017
EzeUche1:
I have a friend who lives in Australia and he loves it, but he doesn't understand why Nigerians do not like traveling to the country compared to the United States and Canada.

Should Nigerians look at Nigeria as well?

It's simple, money and prosperity. America has the world's biggest economy with some state's economy being bigger than a lot of countries in the world. Canada's economy is top 10 in the world. With both countries economy, culture,etc being extremely integrated, it's really one big country and economy which no country or continent can match in the world. Nigeria's in North America typically do better than the ones in Europe and so forth. Wherever you see a large Nigeria community, there's money there. That really answers your question.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 28, 2017
maternal:

It's simple, money and prosperity. America has the world's biggest economy with some state's economy being bigger than a lot of countries in the world. Canada's economy is top 10 in the world. With both countries economy, culture,etc being extremely integrated, it's really one big country and economy which no country or continent can match in the world. Nigeria's in North America typically do better than the ones in Europe and so forth. Wherever you see a large Nigeria community, there's money there. That really answers your question.

Not necessarily. Some Nigerians travel to countries that are easier to get into. That's why we have plenty of them in Europe and in the US. Some choose countries just for its "NAME". There are many Nigerians in Europe and it's not because of the money. Many are there because they feel anywhere is better than Nigeria. Heck even the Nigerian community in India is growing gradually. I hear in the US you can file for family members to join you (green card), could take up to 7 years. Good luck if you want to try that in Australia. I have had people tell me that the reason why they don't even dream of moving to Australia is because the immigration law is too tight and the travel distance to Nigeria is no joke. Even I would rather send my extended family members to Canada and the US than Australia because it is so much easier to get in. The laws aren't as annoying. The US and the UK are well known. Nigerians are bound to throw themselves there. Plus Australia is only a few hundred years old compared to these other countries. It wasn't well known back then. People are only beginning to realise that it is indeed a country/continent located somewhere on planet earth

There are many Nigerian in Europe. Jobless/illegal immigrants/many are married to citizens/many roam the streets. These people would choose Europe to other countries because they can move from one country to another within Europe quite easily. In fact I found the Ghanaians in Europe to be more settled(with better jobs) than Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by maternal: 8:50am On Jun 28, 2017
WellEndowed:

Not necessarily. Some Nigerians travel to countries that are easier to get into. That's why we have plenty of them in Europe and in the US. Some choose countries just for its "NAME". There are many Nigerians in Europe and it's not because of the money. Many are there because they feel anywhere is better than Nigeria. Heck even the Nigerian community in India is growing gradually. I hear in the US you can file for family members to join you (green card), could take up to 7 years. Good luck if you want to try that in Australia. I have had people tell me that the reason why they don't even dream of moving to Australia is because the immigration law is too tight and the travel distance to Nigeria is no joke. Even I would rather send my extended family members to Canada and the US than Australia because it is so much easier to get in. The laws aren't as annoying. The US and the UK are well known. Nigerians are bound to throw themselves there. Plus Australia is only a few hundred years old compared to these other countries. It wasn't well known back then. People are only beginning to realise that it is indeed a country/continent located somewhere on planet earth

There are many Nigerian in Europe. Jobless/illegal immigrants/many are married to citizens/many roam the streets. These people would choose Europe to other countries because they can move from one country to another within Europe quite easily. In fact I found the Ghanaians in Europe to be more settled(with better jobs) than Nigerians.

Well I was being broad. To begin with what type of immigrants are we talking about ? Educated immigrants with the funds to migrate, or desperate individuals just looking to get out ? If the latter then yes they'd just go anywhere. I'm talking about educated immigrants. I still feel for these immigrants, Canada and the US are the places to be. The US and Canada are not easy to get in or legitimize yourself. In Canada you must be a skilled migrant, unless you marry someone or was born here. Same with the US. Of course you have refugees, and other programs, here and there, but the bulk come through that way. But their laws aren't as hectic or annoying as a Australia. Hence the answer to the question.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
malabu22:
@GBASKY

Sure, Id tell u this, its a nice place and worth being here but you shall be patient and willing to spend money. The visa proccess took a long time, the legit way to apply is thru d embasy in south africa. Came here under a working visa, through my father. Medicals, federal police checks, fingerprinting and all that. They also make sure that u have enough money in ur account b4 bein here or a permanent job while here. The long stay working visa's are 4yrs long and student visa's are as long as your course goes.

Now while here, id advise anyone to apply for permanent residency (PR), so you can come back to australia at anytime and after being in the country with PR, u are eligible to get citizenship, that allows u to travel around most countries without a visa and disrespect cheesy.

Depending on the employer, you may wait a very long time to get PR (we are still waiting), to go around this issue, find a lovely woman/man (nigerian or ur choice with an aus passport to marry).

Sup Guy please can I chat you up privately? I have a question as regards to this
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by BhawnaYs: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
you can get full information about Australia Immigration information from DIBP site. you can also get [url]https://www.aptechvisa.com/australia-immigration/australia-assessment-form[free assessment for your Australia PR visa][/url]
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by mercy87(f): 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
malabu22:
Australia is nice, in my opinion. Its no longer US or UK, AUS is the place, due to their relationship with china. Obey the law and you would be fine. Been here almost 5yrs now.

Hi Malabu. Can we chat? I am interested in visiting Australia, Needs some details, thanks. 07016850969. Thanks
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Rang3rman2(m): 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2023
malabu22:
@GBASKY

Sure, Id tell u this, its a nice place and worth being here but you shall be patient and willing to spend money. The visa proccess took a long time, the legit way to apply is thru d embasy in south africa. Came here under a working visa, through my father. Medicals, federal police checks, fingerprinting and all that. They also make sure that u have enough money in ur account b4 bein here or a permanent job while here. The long stay working visa's are 4yrs long and student visa's are as long as your course goes.

Hey , I am one of the post graduate prospective students from Nigeria. I got your good news here on this tread and would like to know how to go about it. How did you finally go about the accommodation, what is your discipline, and how easy is work and study over there? Kindly reply me and preferably via my email address: preciousgold4reallove@yahoo.co.uk or phone contact: 07056456149. Hope to read from you soonest. Thanks.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Rang3rman2(m): 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2023
malabu22:
Australia is nice, in my opinion. Its no longer US or UK, AUS is the place, due to their relationship with china. Obey the law and you would be fine. Been here almost 5yrs now.

Hey , I am one of the post graduate prospective students from Nigeria. I got your good news here on this tread and would like to know how to go about it. How did you finally go about the accommodation, what is your discipline, and how easy is work and study over there? Kindly reply me and preferably via my email address: preciousgold4reallove@yahoo.co.uk or phone contact: 07056456149. Hope to read from you soonest. Thanks.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Jannyfranc: 5:02am On Nov 14, 2023
What about reptile issue?that is what is scaring me.please can someone clarify me on this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

London Riot Pls Post Pics! / Volkswagen Falls Into Gutter At Dopemu Lagos Due To Bad Tyre (Photos) / See Moment A Woman Was Dragged By A Moving Train After Her Sari Got Stuck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.