Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award (19744 Views)

I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre / Ashleigh Plumptre Switches Nationality To Nigeria / Leicester City Ashleigh Plumptre Trained With Super Falcons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
saphiere:
I'm not heart broken. Na who dey relationship dey get heart brk

Interesting viewpoint.

But know it that men are (on average) kinder than women. Women (on average) are some of the wickedest creatures in the history of all forms and types of organisms.

Mind you, I did not say ALL women.

You are better off being close to my gender than to yours.
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by naptu2: 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
1) John Chiedozie.

2) Ruben Agboola (the "oyinbo" of the 1990s Eagles).

3) John Salako

4) Can you spot the "oyinbo" in the 1980 Green Eagles side? Do you know his name?

1 Like

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by saphiere(f): 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Interesting viewpoint.

But know it that men are (on average) kinder than women. Women (on average) are some of the wickedest creatures in the history of all forms and types of organisms.

Mind you, I did not say ALL women.

You are better off being close to my gender than to yours.
Anyone who has not regards or respect for my gender has no business communicating with me. Goodbye

1 Like

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by Banuso99: 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
naptu2:

That name is common on Lagos Island.

And in Mushin.

Tokunbo Plumptre . Adekunle Plumptre.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by techWriter3: 8:12pm On Feb 21, 2022
She's beautiful

1 Like

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by Jaqenhghar: 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
CSTRR:
If Nigeria was living up to potential,I don't see why we can't poach even more of our mixed race children abroad.

Look at the way US is fuming over Eilen gu, that is now playing for China.

The same way they fumed over Naomi Osaka that abandoned US citizenship just to play for Japan.

Nigeria is trendy enough with a lot of history.
If we can get to a decent level of development across all areas and industrial power, a lot of foreign stars would move over to us.
If you get to a decent level you wont need to poach. With the teeming tale t in almost evry sport there is no need to poach. Thing is y are to lazy to even look and see what you have

1 Like

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by Jaqenhghar: 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2022
See how the villagers come to pour adulation and worship oyinbo 'massa'. The Asisat lady that is far more successful, and has done more to make the country proud wont get this level of praise. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by Jaqenhghar: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
pek:
Falcon's star? She has only played one match please.
She is oyinbo. To them that's all that matters.
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by CSTRR: 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

If you get to a decent level you wont need to poach. With the teeming tale t in almost evry sport there is no need to poach. Thing is y are to lazy to even look and see what you have
China and Japan poach.
All the developed countries poach from the weak nations.

Lol
No country has a monopoly of talent no matter how developed.

1 Like

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by Calicoe: 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
Archworld:
How do you pronounce this her name sef

First u say plum, then u say 3 grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by Calicoe: 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nations Cup is sure for her
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by SunTzu123(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
Surprisingly, no tribe is claiming her on nairaland? Impossible Na!

1 Like

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by Jaqenhghar: 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
CSTRR:

China and Japan poach.
All the developed countries poach from the weak nations.

Lol
No country has a monopoly of talent no matter how developed.
The levels in which they poach and yours are different. You guys have mastered the art of poaching to that level that you dont even bother to develop anything. You just sit back and wait for the europeans to build your talent or look for anyone with a Niggerian sounding surname.
The home based talents are for sports festival
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by jay89(m): 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2022
SunTzu123:
Surprisingly, no tribe is claiming her on nairaland? Impossible Na!
na Omo Yoruba she be grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by Emjayofficial(m): 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
Na yoruba girl sef

1 Like

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
saphiere:
Anyone who has not regards or respect for my gender has no business communicating with me. Goodbye

Farewell to you, dear Saphiere. Till our paths cross again.
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by Aaaoo: 11:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
Really
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by HonestFriend: 12:29am On Feb 22, 2022
shocked
lanocfoods:

Plum-tree
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by naptu2: 2:30am On Feb 22, 2022
naptu2:
1) John Chiedozie.

2) Ruben Agboola (the "oyinbo" of the 1990s Eagles).

3) John Salako

4) Can you spot the "oyinbo" in the 1980 Green Eagles side? Do you know his name?

Answer: Tunji Banjo played for the Green Eagles in 1980. I believe that he is the first mixed race person to play for Nigeria. You can see him with Segun Odegbami, Christian Chukwu and other members of them 1980 squad.

1 Like

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by naptu2: 2:44am On Feb 22, 2022
Facts about Ashleigh Plumptre.

Her grandfather was from the Plumptre Family of Lagos, but he emigrated to the UK and married an English woman. Her father is Tim Plumptre and he had a Nigerian father and a British mother. Her younger sister is Bayleigh Bisi Plumptre and she's a drummer.

Ashleigh Plumptre had previously played for England at Under 15 level, but she said that she and her younger sister have been exploring their Nigerian side and that informed her decision to play for Nigeria at senior level.

She said that her mother and her aunt cook Nigerian food (but she said that the food they make is more pepperish than what she has eaten in Nigeria), but her father doesn't know how to make Nigerian food.

She also has two half brothers who are English.

She made her unofficial debut for Nigeria against Olimpija Ljubljana in Austria on July 23rd, 2021 (during the Super Falcons' 2021 Austria Camping season). However, she had not been cleared by FIFA to play for Nigeria at the time.

She made her official debut against Ivory Coast on February 18, 2022 and she made some vital tackles that prevented the Ivorians from scoring. Her performance in that game made the fans at the stadium to chant "Oyinbo! Oyinbo"!

She studied human biology at the University of Southern California (USC) and played for the USC Trojans between 2016 and 2019.

She returned to the UK after school and signed with Leicester City. She has had an amazing season with Leicester and apart from her excellent work as a defender, has also scored goals for them. Her performance has earned her a nomination for player of the month.

Pictures of Ashleigh Plumptre and her father at the Nigerian High Commission in London.

3 Likes

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by sharone21(f): 4:43am On Feb 22, 2022
yinkeys:

Not probably true.
She’s very good technically
She saved us a few times in the Ivory Coast game

She has been playing in clubs as a kid...

Football has made her to even visit the US white house
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by yinkeys(m): 5:21am On Feb 22, 2022
NaijaCuzin:
still wondering how she is Nigerian

She is 70-99& British

Just the DNA
She’s 25% Nigerian by blood
Her grand father is 100% Nigerian
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by Caseless: 5:43am On Feb 22, 2022
naptu2:
NFF TV interviews Ashleigh Plumptre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYSNJVcdz8I
saved.
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by naptu2: 6:15am On Feb 22, 2022
Induction

It is the tradition that new players in the Super Eagles and Super Falcons are inducted into the team. What this means is that the new player will be brought out during lunch or dinner and he or she will be made to either sing a Nigerian song, dance to Nigerian music or will be made to answer some questions posed by the older players.

Ashleigh Plumptre made her debut with the Super Falcons at the 2021 training camp in Austria and here is her induction that took place at the camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVU4HiSyBJ0
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:56am On Feb 22, 2022
saphiere:
Do you also have regards for my gender too

4 Likes

Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by pek(m): 7:19am On Feb 22, 2022
naptu2:

Only one match?? Against Olimpija Ljubljana in Austria on July 23rd, 2021??
When did FIFA clear her to play for Nigeria?
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by naptu2: 7:32am On Feb 22, 2022
pek:
When did FIFA clear her to play for Nigeria?

What does that have to do with the number of matches that she has played for Nigeria?

In fact, let me ask you, how many matches has she played for Nigeria?

(Don't try to shift the goalpost. The question is, how many matches has she played for Nigeria?)

Who was standing beside Desire Oparanozie as she took this freekick for the Super Falcons in 2021?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOl-K4Bw5o

naptu2:
Induction

It is the tradition that new players in the Super Eagles and Super Falcons are inducted into the team. What this means is that the new player will be brought out during lunch or dinner and he or she will be made to either sing a Nigerian song, dance to Nigerian music or will be made to answer some questions posed by the older players.

Ashleigh Plumptre made her debut with the Super Falcons at the 2021 training camp in Austria and here is her induction that took place at the camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVU4HiSyBJ0
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by pek(m): 7:56am On Feb 22, 2022
naptu2:

What does that have to do with the number of matches that she has played for Nigeria?

In fact, let me ask you, how many matches has she played for Nigeria?

(Don't try to shift the goalpost. The question is, how many matches has she played for Nigeria?)

Who was standing beside Desire Oparanozie as she took this freekick for the Super Falcons in 2021?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOl-K4Bw5o

I like your argument and the way you present your points. But what you fail to understand is that:
The training match you mentioned is not taken into account by FIFA cause it was just a training session with a local club side. That is why she could have played that match even as she was not yet cleared to play for Nigeria. Don't forget what brought this argument. The appellation of Super Falcons star. Whether you insist on two matches or the official one match, using that term is doesn't tally. Peace.
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by naptu2: 8:02am On Feb 22, 2022
pek:
I like your argument and the way you present your points. But what you fail to understand is that:
The training match you mentioned is not taken into account by FIFA cause it was just a training session with a local club side. That is why she could have played that match even as she was not yet cleared to play for Nigeria. Don't forget what brought this argument. The appellation of Super Falcons star. Whether you insist on two matches or the official one match, using that term is doesn't tally. Peace.

Wrong. Your statement was that she has played only one match for the Super Falcons. That's false. I would have accepted if you said that she had played only one official match for the Falcons (go through the thread and you'll see that I've already written about that). But the fact is that she played in that game against Olimpija Ljubljana and nothing you do or say can erase that.

Remember, the context of the original statement was about her performance for the Super Falcons and you implied that it cannot be determined by just one match. Well, she hasn't only played one match for the Falcons, she has played two and that's a fact that nobody can erase.
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by mapet: 9:52am On Feb 22, 2022
NaijaCuzin:
still wondering how she is Nigerian

She is 70-99& British

Just the DNA

So her Grand-Dad (Dotun Plumpter) is Nigerian...married British.... Her Dad is Half-Nigerian
Re: Falcons Star Plumptre Up For English WSL Player Of The Month Award by mapet: 9:52am On Feb 22, 2022
naptu2:

Subomi Plumptre. Ade Plumptre.

Subomi & Ade Plumptre are her cousins...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UCL: Chukwueze Scores In Villarreal’s Big Win At Young Boys / I Knew I Would Score –emenike / Video Of Asisat Oshoala's New Nike Advert.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.