Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

My Experience Today With Area Boys - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience Today With Area Boys (2040 Views)

Letter To '1 Million Boys' By Mushin Area Boys / Lady Accused Of Stealing An iPhone & N200k In Lagos, Disgraced By Area Boys(Pix) / Woman Raises Alarm Over Vulnerable Girl Being Used By Area Boys In Festac. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Today With Area Boys by SirL0neWolf(m): 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
I had a phony interview today at Ogba. I got the email since last week and waited patiently and expectantly for the 21st of February - today. Woke up by 6:15am and was out of the house by quater to 7, decked in my suit and tie, looking sharp and feeling hopeful.
It turned out to be a GNLD gig and I was so dissapointed. I sat in the midst of fellow interviewees/trainees some of whom were feeling as let down as I was, while the so called trainer proceeded to sell us pipe dreams and sugar coat many nonsense. Anyone who has fallen prey to their “interview” before know it's almost impossible to leave. Anyway to cut the long story short I finally had enough when one of them wanted to use my facebook page to post a job invite and lure more unsuspecting people. According to him it's a recruitment tactic and there's a commision bonus for every succesful recruitment. At that point I decided I’ve had enough and stormed out of the venue. So here I was with just 1k left in my pocket and thinking of my next move. I didn't want to go back home cause it was just barely past noon. I decided to buy airtime and call a friend of mine if he was home and go kill some hours in his side. There was this woman I spotted earlier on the side of the road a little way off and so I decided to walk to her spot. She's has an umbrella stand where she sells water, drinks and snacks so I decided to stroll. Her spot is along the road to the Agege bridge, there's a company on the side and she shares the spot with another woman who sells bread and beans and a young fruit seller with a barrow full of oranges.
Madam give me mtn 200
She smiled at me and gave me the card. In the spur of the moment I decided a chilled bottle of pepsi won't kill me. The sun was on full blast and I was trying to load the card and was so carried away, I didn't notice anything until it was too late. All of a sudden about 7-9 guys surrounded me. I kid you not, these guys will be around early 20s to late 20s or early 30s. And I swear their faces were rough and rugged. There was this particular short guy that had the roughest face with enough scars designing his face, that guy was scary af.
The first thing to enter my mind was; run! But run to where kwanu?
In my mind I was like I don Bleep up! Cause my phone was in my hand glaring and I didn't want to hurriedly hide it cause it will be like an aknowledgement of the fear I was feeling so I still gripped my phone tight - in my left hand forming unbothered.
These guys were chanting, swearing saying things like: ogbeni! Who goes! Who be you! Bla bla bla
There was a much older guy in their midst and he then told me that scarface wife had just put to bed- twins and that they were collecting contribution money from people. That was when scarface thrust the polybag at me. Like an offering box, I swear that nylon bag was almost overflowing. I could see different denominations inside; 100 box, 200, 500, 1000.
Thank God me myself I no be ajebo. The only thing I was thinking of was that na only 1k dey my hand. I never even pay the mama for the card. As my mind was racing I put on a fake smile and proceeded to fist bump the guys, saying: ah we gather dey, I dey with you boss, no wahala.
About 3 of them returned my fist bump. But scarface the short devil was impatient: ogbeni who you be if you do anyhow you see anyhow, we no dey play for here.
I looked at the sellers. Everybody was minding their business. The woman selling bread and beans, the young fruit seller, there was even a security guard beside him from one of the nearby company sitting on the bench and licking orange, omo but nobody send my papa o. I was on my own. God bless the woman she quickly brought out 200 naira and said: my son see your change oya take!
I hurried to her side and gratefully grabbed the note and she gave me sign with her eye which I sharply interpreted. I quickly put my phone in my inner coat jacket during those 2 quick seconds. I put my 200# contribution inside the offering polybag and some of the boys hailed me then they were off, looking for their next victim.
I stood transfixed to the spot for about 10 minutes, sweating and trying to calm down. Then the orange seller started saying how lucky I was that if it was night time, my phone would surely be gone and I might get stabbed. Then the security guard said : I just dey wait make them misbehave I for show them something!
I just give am sideeye like no be this werey wey dey lick orange troway face lol!
I thanked the good Samaritan woman for her help and paid her back. For a split second I thought of canceling the Pepsi order but changed my mind. I collected my change and jejely found my way to under bridge and entered Oshodi bus. I didn't even call my friend or go anywhere else, I just headed home straight.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Taywon: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
Omo!...

Lagos and rogues....

Ain't going back

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Skyflygang3: 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Those boys will just pop out of no where and you must give them sometimes they come in batches they are terrible

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Obivestor: 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
Those guys were been very friendly

If it were to be in onitsha they wouldn't be any need for long talk, The only thing you will hear is "Way mAh see ur kappa" or "aloba meeru ayi ife" and if you hesitate Next thing would be a resounding slap you wouldn't know when your phone left ur hand.

Pray never to cornered by agberos in onitsha whether in the day or in the night

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by danietohbadt(m): 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
Just one of so many reasons I get tired of Lagos. Damn! You escaped by a whisker there

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by vastolord4(m): 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
This your gist long but you were very lucky you had a little composure left in you.. any sign of fear would have cost you your phone and transport fare... Then you'll be welcomed to Lagos allover again...

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Crenzywilliams(m): 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
Omo lasgidi no be for the faint heart o. Thank God for u bru.
Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Emecson(m): 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
Taywon:
Omo!...

Lagos and rogues....

Ain't going back

no be only for lag oo
Everywhere don spoil

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by visijo(m): 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
I salute you for your courage and confidence..
Once they noticed fear in you, you're a goner.
Them full this ajegunle but na open eye we de take pass them grin

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by peppermint7(m): 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
Na like this e de start
Dem go go tax external

Everywhere go scatter

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by visijo(m): 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
peppermint7:
Na like this e de start
Dem go go tax external

Everywhere go scatter
na sure marras, everywhere go scatter grin
Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by peppermint7(m): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
visijo:
na sure marras, everywhere go scatter grin
Dem go nack nack shot for the whole unit
Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Asquare84(m): 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
I wonder how people are even living in lagos state.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by visijo(m): 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
peppermint7:

Dem go nack nack shot for the whole unit
grin grin you Sabi the parole
Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by peppermint7(m): 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
visijo:
grin grin you Sabi the parole

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by hoyze24: 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
Obivestor:
Those guys were been very friendly

If it were to be in onitsha they wouldn't be any need for long talk, The only thing you will hear is "Way mAh see ur kappa" or "aloba meeru ayi ife" and if you hesitate Next thing would be a resounding slap you wouldn't know when your phone left ur hand.

Pray never to cornered by agberos in onitsha whether in the day or in the night
Over 20k was taken from me at upper Iweka in 2020. The guy walked up to me and asked why I didn't have a mask on, before I could say anything, four more guys joined him and I was hit all over my face. I was lucky my phone wasn't taken, that's probably because they got some good cash from me. I never dull at upper Iweka again after then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by BRATISLAVA: 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
But how is it impossible to leave somewhere you don't want to be in the free world? Had to stop reading at that point. Are these people who called you for the interview some sort of gun-toting giants who can hold fully grown adults down with words or what?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Franzinni: 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nice read ... has all the elements for an engaging short film.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by 9182736455O1999(m): 11:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
Asquare84:
I wonder how people are even living in lagos state.
Lagos even dey learn.
this one na normal occurence for south south

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by PlayerMeji: 12:21am On Feb 22, 2022
Guy, I love your story writing ability.

You may not necessarily need to work for someone if you can harness your own skills.

Check around for ilegend's posts on here

You will thank me later

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by joyandfaith: 3:41am On Feb 22, 2022
Taywon:
Omo!...

Lagos and rogues....

Ain't going back

They are tinubu loyalists

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by NotBeenPaid: 4:41am On Feb 22, 2022

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Gadafii: 5:28am On Feb 22, 2022
I don remember when area boys numbering about 7 stopped my bike somewhere between oworo and bariga, these guys are rough, rugged and smelling, dirty boys oo.

Because I was carrying cross bag, they assumed I he Yahoo boy, naso Dem use hailing weak me, say make I press 20k for them before I go free from them that hot afternoon.

One of the came closer and whisper that I shouldn't bother to act tough or hard, they would stab me and disperse in different directions and nothing go happen, omo I fear die.

Meanwhile my phone was in my hand, and I had about N2,700 in my cross bag, I quickly smiled and inform them that me sef be omo adugbo(we gather dey) say how Dem go feel if them hear say strange boys Stab someone fr.theor neighborhood, Dem swear say nothing like that fit happen for that area, say the boys no go jelo( go scot-free) so I smiled back and removed 1k for them, one quickly grabbed it and left them, the rest were like ahhh, plenty still dey inside that bag say make I dey pretend, I explained to th say make Dem no worry, we go dey see well well for area say na only money for hike remain and I go still need to chop that day.

Dem free me to go and use hailing weak me join.

Moral of my story is that, never underestimate area boys in your neighborhood, once in a while do the needful, giving them #200,500,1k won't take anything from you, once they know you always do the needful, the days you don't give, they will understand.
You as a law abiding good citizen, you will need them one day to fight the dirty fight that you can't fight, "leave am na my person don save plenty lives for streets" give into Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Candidlady: 6:03am On Feb 22, 2022
Enjoyed your story

The al Pacino Scarface cheesy

But for reals, how do you guys survive in Lagos.... embarassed

Too much wahala at that ends

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by emmanuelbrown26: 6:18am On Feb 22, 2022
U too no get mind jare, all these afonja urchins wey never chop belle full dey threatened u and u succumb.
Abi u no no say face dey fear face? Just shout at dem u go see say na run. Afonja get mind? See, all these hungry and frustrated afonjas no get mind at all at all.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by rickpat(m): 6:27am On Feb 22, 2022
Gadafii:
I don remember when area boys numbering about 7 stopped my bike somewhere between oworo and bariga, these guys are rough, rugged and smelling, dirty boys oo.

Because I was carrying cross bag, they assumed I he Yahoo boy, naso Dem use hailing weak me, say make I press 20k for them before I go free from them that hot afternoon.

One of the came closer and whisper that I shouldn't bother to act tough or hard, they would stab me and disperse in different directions and nothing go happen, omo I fear die.

Meanwhile my phone was in my hand, and I had about N2,700 in my cross bag, I quickly smiled and inform them that me sef be omo adugbo(we gather dey) say how Dem go feel if them hear say strange boys Stab someone fr.theor neighborhood, Dem swear say nothing like that fit happen for that area, say the boys no go jelo( go scot-free) so I smiled back and removed 1k for them, one quickly grabbed it and left them, the rest were like ahhh, plenty still dey inside that bag say make I dey pretend, I explained to th say make Dem no worry, we go dey see well well for area say na only money for hike remain and I go still need to chop that day.

Dem free me to go and use hailing weak me join.

Moral of my story is that, never underestimate area boys in your neighborhood, once in a while do the needful, giving them #200,500,1k won't take anything from you, once they know you always do the needful, the days you don't give, they will understand.
You as a law abiding good citizen, you will need them one day to fight the dirty fight that you can't fight, "leave am na my person don save plenty lives for streets" give into Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser
baba street is MILITARY, once once just bless those men for area, it's part of community service and touching lives..no form for them...IN LIFE, YOU AIN'T BETTER THAN ANYONE AND NO ONE IS BETTER THAN YOU.."dis Bros dey try don save lives wella for street"

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Whois(m): 7:59am On Feb 22, 2022
They'll become more confident to terrorize the public if Tinubu becomes president. If you know you know
Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Olumighty123(m): 9:44am On Feb 22, 2022
On my way coming from a job site at festac, got to agege at around 11, trying to cross through the rail Way and head towards ogba, I knew I was in for a long thing, branched at an Aboki shop, I bought me a cigarette, lighted it , cloth pulled and hung on my shoulder and head towards the railway, this guys were around 8, coming towards my way, when they got closer and saw how I was not wearing no shirt and cigarette in my hand, they were like, leave this one,na hood him dey, I just jejely walked pass them and sped as soon as I got to the top of that road, omo, e no easy to live for Lagos, you gatz dey reason shaperly... it is what it is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by lagusboyyy(m): 10:02am On Feb 22, 2022
Olumighty123:
On my way coming from a job site at festac, got to agege at around 11, trying to cross through the rail Way and head towards ogba, I knew I was in for a long thing, branched at an Aboki shop, I bought me a cigarette, lighted it , cloth pulled and hung on my shoulder and head towards the railway, this guys were around 8, coming towards my way, when they got closer and saw how I was not wearing no shirt and cigarette in my hand, they were like, leave this one,na hood him dey, I just jejely walked pass them and sped as soon as I got to the top of that road, omo, e no easy to live for Lagos, you gatz dey reason shaperly... it is what it is.
You sef use counter tactics..

Sharp guy!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by doverulez(m): 10:11am On Feb 22, 2022
LOL. NOT5HING DEY HAPPEN. IF THEY WANTEND TO PUT RAZMATAZ ON YOU, YOU FOR NEVER SOJI B4 U DON COLLECT. LOL.

Nice experience brother.
SirL0neWolf:
I had a phony interview today at Ogba. I got the email since last week and waited patiently and expectantly for the 21st of February - today. Woke up by 6:15am and was out of the house by quater to 7, decked in my suit and tie, looking sharp and feeling hopeful.
It turned out to be a GNLD gig and I was so dissapointed. I sat in the midst of fellow interviewees/trainees some of whom were feeling as let down as I was, while the so called trainer proceeded to sell us pipe dreams and sugar coat many nonsense. Anyone who has fallen prey to their “interview” before know it's almost impossible to leave. Anyway to cut the long story short I finally had enough when one of them wanted to use my facebook page to post a job invite and lure more unsuspecting people. According to him it's a recruitment tactic and there's a commision bonus for every succesful recruitment. At that point I decided I’ve had enough and stormed out of the venue. So here I was with just 1k left in my pocket and thinking of my next move. I didn't want to go back home cause it was just barely past noon. I decided to buy airtime and call a friend of mine if he was home and go kill some hours in his side. There was this woman I spotted earlier on the side of the road a little way off and so I decided to walk to her spot. She's has an umbrella stand where she sells water, drinks and snacks so I decided to stroll. Her spot is along the road to the Agege bridge, there's a company on the side and she shares the spot with another woman who sells bread and beans and a young fruit seller with a barrow full of oranges.
Madam give me mtn 200
She smiled at me and gave me the card. In the spur of the moment I decided a chilled bottle of pepsi won't kill me. The sun was on full blast and I was trying to load the card and was so carried away, I didn't notice anything until it was too late. All of a sudden about 7-9 guys surrounded me. I kid you not, these guys will be around early 20s to late 20s or early 30s. And I swear their faces were rough and rugged. There was this particular short guy that had the roughest face with enough scars designing his face, that guy was scary af.
The first thing to enter my mind was; run! But run to where kwanu?
In my mind I was like I don Bleep up! Cause my phone was in my hand glaring and I didn't want to hurriedly hide it cause it will be like an aknowledgement of the fear I was feeling so I still gripped my phone tight - in my left hand forming unbothered.
These guys were chanting, swearing saying things like: ogbeni! Who goes! Who be you! Bla bla bla
There was a much older guy in their midst and he then told me that scarface wife had just put to bed- twins and that they were collecting contribution money from people. That was when scarface thrust the polybag at me. Like an offering box, I swear that nylon bag was almost overflowing. I could see different denominations inside; 100 box, 200, 500, 1000.
Thank God me myself I no be ajebo. The only thing I was thinking of was that na only 1k dey my hand. I never even pay the mama for the card. As my mind was racing I put on a fake smile and proceeded to fist bump the guys, saying: ah we gather dey, I dey with you boss, no wahala.
About 3 of them returned my fist bump. But scarface the short devil was impatient: ogbeni who you be if you do anyhow you see anyhow, we no dey play for here.
I looked at the sellers. Everybody was minding their business. The woman selling bread and beans, the young fruit seller, there was even a security guard beside him from one of the nearby company sitting on the bench and licking orange, omo but nobody send my papa o. I was on my own. God bless the woman she quickly brought out 200 naira and said: my son see your change oya take!
I hurried to her side and gratefully grabbed the note and she gave me sign with her eye which I sharply interpreted. I quickly put my phone in my inner coat jacket during those 2 quick seconds. I put my 200# contribution inside the offering polybag and some of the boys hailed me then they were off, looking for their next victim.
I stood transfixed to the spot for about 10 minutes, sweating and trying to calm down. Then the orange seller started saying how lucky I was that if it was night time, my phone would surely be gone and I might get stabbed. Then the security guard said : I just dey wait make them misbehave I for show them something!
I just give am sideeye like no be this werey wey dey lick orange troway face lol!
I thanked the good Samaritan woman for her help and paid her back. For a split second I thought of canceling the Pepsi order but changed my mind. I collected my change and jejely found my way to under bridge and entered Oshodi bus. I didn't even call my friend or go anywhere else, I just headed home straight.
Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Karleb(m): 11:50am On Feb 22, 2022
See that Agege bridge?

...and these idiots only attack guys.
Re: My Experience Today With Area Boys by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
Such a good write-up, highly impressed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kinappper Caught Today In Abuja On Kidnapping POS Girl / New Gay Boy Group In Abuja Nigeria / He Killed His Mother To Drink Her Blood:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.