Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia (42947 Views)

List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) / EU, US, UK, Canada Impose Sanctions On Putin, Lavrov / EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by nijanigga: 4:17am On Feb 22, 2022
Minjim:

Do you know China's history at all?

China has fought Japan, Invasion Of Manchukuo in 1945. ...
Invasion Of South and North Korea in 1950. ...
Invasion Of India In 1962. ...
Invasion Of The Soviet Union In 1969. ...
Invasion Of Vietnam In 1979.

And don't assume this is everything. I just gave you half
https://www.philstar.com/opinion/2019/05/02/1914194/history-chinese-invasions

Go watch the beginning of ww2 when Japan invaded China, first American volunteers then US government saved Chinese assess from the Japanese Japan would have wiped them off if not for the Americans
Just Google it

1 Like

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by TheVictorious(m): 4:24am On Feb 22, 2022
juman:
America should go and sit down.

Those european countries are doing follow follow america.
Many of them if they treated the issue well from the beginning according to their opinions and interest, things would not have been in this way.

European countries need russia.
The whole gas use in germany supply by russia.
What of austria, italy etc.

Russia is big market for european countries products.
ETC.

America is the problem in this case not russia.

Please do you mind shedding some light, how is America the problem sir?
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Mase2020g(m): 4:26am On Feb 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
This might have an effect on Russia to be sincere..
To my knowledge there isn't really any precedent since 1945 for a great power annexing another country to both gain land and intimidate another superpower...
Right now there's a spectrum for what what could happen..

On the one end Russia could invade and something could go horrifically wrong and we end up in a Europe wide NATO - Russia war. That would be disastrous to say the least.

In the middle of the spectrum is full sanctions and Russia becomes and economic pariah state. This however looks unlikely as only Britain and the US seem to see eye to eye in arguing for this outcome..
France and Germany seem a little bit less enthusiastic about this approach..
Let's see how it goes..

I nor understand wetin u talk

But I agree cheesy grin cheesy
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by chucks4sure: 4:27am On Feb 22, 2022
NATO invaded Iraq and Libya and destroyed these countries and assisted rebels in Syria with everything they could to overturn a legitimate government of Syria. All those countries are Russia allies.

What of Afghanistan they also invaded it and put their cronies there. We have eastern and western bloc. Russia and China are the big eastern bloc countries plus other countries.

The western bloc comprises NATO mainly. The western bloc has upper hand because of the collapse of Soviet union. NATO was formed during the cold war between USA and Soviet union
Some European countries entered alliances with America for protection in case of war, they were afraid of Soviet union headed by Russia.

Ukraine was part Soviet republic that has borders with Russia. Now Ukraine wants to be a member of NATO. That
means America and NATO can now station thier Army and war base at the backyard of Russia. Russia can not allow that no matter what. And is ready to go into full scale war.
Remember that Russia is a very powerful nuclear war head producer and has a number that can erase the whole of NATO countries. China too has a very big number of nuclear war heads has entered alliance with Russia.
NATO can't go to war because of Ukraine that is not a member of NATO.
During the cold war Cuba having borders with America( separated by water ) allowed Soviet Union to plant 72 nuclear war heads at their borders and were pointed towards America. America wanted to invade Cuba that would have led to 3rd world war. Soviet dismantled the war for sake of peace.

Now America and his allies NATO is gradually urging Ukraine to become a member of NATO. Ukraine having borders with Russia, can led to unfortunate events.

Economically Russia has an edge in the area of gas which most NATO countries depend on them for supplies. That is why Germany and France are not supporting the sanctions drumming by America and Uk.

Ukraine should forget NATO membership for now for sake of peace. If not they will lose their sovereignty.
I want to educate some people that don't know what is happening but will want to comment ignorantly.
Before you begin to condemn Russia understand what is happening. Russia is fighting for their security.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by PROPHETmichael: 4:38am On Feb 22, 2022
DrGoodman:
I think US, and UK are being biased. Why can't they impose stiffer sanctions on the criminal government at Aso Rock for killing innocent Biafrans and tagging the killings ESN or ugm killings?

US & UK dont just jump into matters if there is nothing to gain and that is to say, you must have abundant of "oyel" at your backyard. What will Biafra offer them if they come to your rescue? They have weighed their economic benefits and found Biafra wanting.

1 Like

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by AFONJAPIG(m): 4:45am On Feb 22, 2022
My Russian Girlfriend and that of her friends are very friendly and generous unlike Americans that put high shoulders when they see black hustler...

#TeamPutin.... very soon we will take over biafra land

1 Like

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by franksam2009: 4:47am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

The US and EU will cripple the Russian economy in no time. Watch this space.
you don't know what you are saying,, infact you are not making sense

3 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Crafteck1: 4:50am On Feb 22, 2022
DrGoodman:
I think US, and UK are being biased. Why can't they impose stiffer sanctions on the criminal government at Aso Rock for killing innocent Biafrans and tagging the killings ESN or ugm killings?

Its not international, you dont call ibos killing other ibos innocent.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:52am On Feb 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
To my knowledge there isn't really any precedent since 1945 for a great power annexing another country to both gain land and intimidate another superpower...

On the one end Russia could invade and something could go horrifically wrong and we end up in a Europe wide NATO - Russia war. That would be disastrous to say the least.

In the middle of the spectrum is full sanctions and Russia becomes and economic pariah state. This however looks unlikely as only Britain and the US seem to see eye to eye in arguing for this outcome..
Let's see how it goes..

"The sanctions will prohibit new investment, trade and financing in the two separatist regions".
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Davemarine: 4:58am On Feb 22, 2022
I don't just understand why so many of you here are so uninformed enough as to believe that Putin can just wake up from his bed and decide to do whatever he wants whether violating any entity or not and against a host on nations and the world will watch him do it.

In case you don't know Russia will currently be on the radar of every NATO nation. Just one nation. And you believe anything you want he'll get it.

Maybe you guys have been deceived be Russia boast of millitary and Weapons. Don't you ever believe that Russia is militarily stronger than US. Talk more of the Host of NATO.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Ever8090: 4:58am On Feb 22, 2022
DrGoodman:
only if US and UK knows what biafera means
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by miketyler(m): 4:59am On Feb 22, 2022
So the outright bullying of a sovereign nation is okay by you? Most times I wonder if you guys read the news at all or just argue based on what you must have read from other guys here who’s conscience must have been clouded; did you listen to what Putin said yesterday on the news? He said it was a mistake to allow the former Soviet states break away from the union. But Russia wasn’t treating them well and they went to a more sane nato who could treat them right and protect them now Putin said he wants all of the Soviet previous states back. it’s not just Ukraine but Estonia, Lithuania etc is that not madness? Can’t a sovereign state decides where it wonna be in? I just dey laugh Putin with him many war propaganda once e set the world who see the overhyped non-existence weapons the Russia have and how they have been lying to the world since. Make we just dey watch; Usa is only looking for a valid reason to start the war Putin should keep playing into their hands.

If you think that those hypersonic missiles Putin claims to have ain’t propaganda you could visit Quora and here from Russian citizens themselves . It’s not by having plenty warhead which isn’t confirmed to be true how many of them are functional? Is it with their dilapidated equipment make the war start make them expose Russia small. The only threat to the USA is China and they know about this

chucks4sure:

NATO invaded Iraq and Libya and destroyed these countries and assisted rebels in Syria with everything they could to overturn a legitimate government of Syria. All those countries are Russia allies.

What of Afghanistan they also invaded it and put their cronies there. We have eastern and western bloc. Russia and China are the big eastern bloc countries plus other countries.

The western bloc comprises NATO mainly. The western bloc has upper hand because of the collapse of Soviet union. NATO was formed during the cold war between USA and Soviet union
Some European countries entered alliances with America for protection in case of war, they were afraid of Soviet union headed by Russia.

Ukraine was part Soviet republic that has borders with Russia. Now Ukraine wants to be a member of NATO. That
means America and NATO can now station thier Army and war base at the backyard of Russia. Russia can not allow that no matter what. And is ready to go into full scale war.
Remember that Russia is a very powerful nuclear war head producer and has a number that can erase the whole of NATO countries. China too has a very big number of nuclear war heads has entered alliance with Russia.
During the cold war Cuba having borders with America( separated by water ) allowed Soviet Union to plant 72 nuclear war heads at their borders and were pointed towards America. America wanted to invade Cuba that would have led to 3rd world war. Soviet dismantled the war for sake of peace.

Now America and his allies NATO is gradually urging Ukraine to become a member of NATO. Ukraine having borders with Russia, can led to unfortunate events.

Economically Russia has an edge in the area of gas which most NATO countries depend on them for supplies. That is why Germany and France are not supporting the sanctions drumming by America and Uk.

Ukraine should forget NATO membership for now for sake of peace. If not they will lose their sovereignty.
I want to educate some people that don't know what is happening but will want to comment ignorantly.
Before you begin to condemn Russia understand what is happening. Russia is fighting for their security.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by franksam2009: 5:02am On Feb 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Let's see how it goes..
it will only have tiny or no effect at all, afterall they sanctioned Iran and North Korea for over a decade hoping to cripple their economy and stop their nuclear program, but it didn't workout as planned, Russia will simply look for other non
US allied investors
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by adeolaben(m): 5:10am On Feb 22, 2022
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by deept(m): 5:16am On Feb 22, 2022
gambojimeta:

Who cares whether they shit in their pants . There wahala grin

My point is that a US president trying to pull out the US from NATO is same as making way for Putin, or in simple terms, licking Putin's ass grin

Yes sir, i understand your point. My Point is the UK and EU are not as influential and powerful outside Europe and Africa. Remove USA from nato and they will be saying sir sir to Russia. I can bet you nine of them will impose any sanction before the US. At the end of the day, Europe will lose the most from all this Western posturing.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by wink2015(m): 5:25am On Feb 22, 2022
When the West instigated the Arab spring to remove Libya leader Ghadaffi they were not sanctioned.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by edmaraja: 5:27am On Feb 22, 2022
IhateYouMan:

The US and EU will cripple the Russian economy in no time. Watch this space.
Story for the gods
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by nedekid: 5:27am On Feb 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Let's see how it goes..

"To my knowledge there isn't really any precedent since 1945 for a great power annexing another country to both gain land and intimidate another superpower...
Right now there's a spectrum for what what could happen.."

Who annex who?
Certainly not Russia.
Russia recognized the 2 breakaway parts as independent countries. Just as the US, nato recognized Kosovo as an independent country and moved in to start the bombing of the Serbs to the protesting Russia. The US and Nato thus opened the Pandora box by playing "ojoro".
Now the 2 independent states recognized by russia has a right under international law to invite their ally to protect them.
Ukraine really made a big mistake electing a comedian as president. Instead of rejecting nato and making peace with Russia he decided to be used by the westerners. Now he has lost territory.
The Ukraine industry, from aviation, high tech, minerals, pipelines all had Russia as its market, heck the gas transit pipeline generates over $3b for the for Ukraine yearly, why then be a foe to who feeds you just to kiss ass of a country thousands of miles away.
Does not make sense.
Well the president na comedian, just as our own be heardsman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Edusouls(m): 5:32am On Feb 22, 2022
Abeg Carry this una Biafra stuff and get out of here, who has time for brainwashed pigs
DrGoodman:
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by BigBashiru: 5:32am On Feb 22, 2022
chucks4sure:

Russia is also more morally upright than the West.

2 Likes

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:33am On Feb 22, 2022
Mase2020g:

I nor understand wetin u talk

But I agree cheesy grin cheesy
Haha.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by BigBashiru: 5:40am On Feb 22, 2022
deept:

Yes sir, i understand your point. My Point is the UK and EU are not as influential and powerful outside Europe and Africa. Remove USA from nato and they will be saying sir sir to Russia. I can bet you nine of them will impose any sanction before the US. At the end of the day, Europe will lose the most from all this Western posturing.

UK and eu are no longer powerful in africa. Na beg dem dey beg africa now. Do u know what happened at the recent eu-au summit this month??
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Enemyofpeace: 5:44am On Feb 22, 2022
My own is, when is FBI coming to carry kyari from Nigeria and also impose sanction on this evil government
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by BigBashiru: 5:44am On Feb 22, 2022
Western Europeans are savages in need of aboriginal and African civilization.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 22, 2022
BuddhaPalm:

"The sanctions will prohibit new investment, trade and financing in the two separatist regions".

Don't worry Chinese and Indians Will invest billions in these regions..

Sanctions works only when all the countries of the world is in line.

They way Russia is messing up the western intelligence is so sweet. They didn't expect this move... sweetness from Russia.

1 Like

Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Chromex77: 5:45am On Feb 22, 2022
Has anyone be able to notice this while using USSD first bank code for transaction..
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by BigBashiru: 5:46am On Feb 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

No one is talking about most powerful..
The sanctions imposed so far? — Of course, it might survive. The sanctions do not try to destroy Russia’s economy. They limit its growth. So, while other economies grow through trade, investment, technology transfer, etc, Russia’s economy will miss on some trade, much of foreign investment, a good deal of technology transfer, and so on. While in the 1960s, Russia (via the USSR) controlled a huge fraction of world industrial production and money flows (40% if I am not mistaken), it now controls around 2% (which is comparable to its population as a fraction of the world's population). This drastic change is largely due to fast economic growth in China and India, as well as to the loss of Russia's influence in Eastern Europe and ex-USSR republics. In the next 10-20 years, Russia won't be able to significantly exceed the 2% mark, and may even lose ground..

That's what sanction does reduce you bit by bit..

Your analysis is not correct but let's not argue. Africa Russia trade and relations has been growing steadily so much so that the west are jealous.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:48am On Feb 22, 2022
DrGoodman:
They are always biased.Their headache is Russia and China which they view as threat to their influence and power.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:50am On Feb 22, 2022
BigBashiru:

Your analysis is not correct but let's not argue. Africa Russia trade and relations has been growing steadily so much so that the west are jealous.
Ok cheesy
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by emmaodet: 5:50am On Feb 22, 2022
BloomingDale:

Ok. Makes sense. Most Nigerians are coons and have no idea what is happening on the world stage.

grin grin grin
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by BigBashiru: 5:53am On Feb 22, 2022
Cptflint:

Don't worry Chinese and Indians Will invest billions in these regions..

Sanctions works only when all the countries of the world is in line.

They way Russia is messing up the western intelligence is so sweet. They didn't expect this move... sweetness from Russia.

Western Europeans are savages. No one worships them anymore except SOME Africans.
Re: USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia by mrphysics(m): 5:56am On Feb 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Haha.. cheesy
I read your first post and I think you are underestimating Russia.

For the avoidance of doubt, without NATO protection, and in the face of war, Russia will completely destroy France, Germany, Italy, Spain, not to talk of India that have nothing, or Israel. Russia is a super power.

Now, let's talk about the main thing, there is something about Russia you don't appreciate that the US appreciates. Over time, they have built independence and have everything they need or will need. Due to the nature of the country and it's government, most foreign countries don't associate with their products which limits same product to majorly Russia, however they are intelligent and are doing great military wise.

The international space station (ISS) is occupied majorly and almost in equal measure by Russia and US. Infact, it was just about 2 years ago in 10 years that America launched using an America space shuttle, Astronauts to the ISS. Other times, they have always been launching with Russia space shuttle.

The US knows the implication of a war with America and Putin rightly said that in such war, no one would win but he won't lose. Joe Biden told US citizens in Ukraine to leave Ukraine as he won't sent evacuation planes for them as that would lead to US and Russia shooting against each other, a scenario that will lead to full blown war.

Aside the influence of US in NATO, Russia have no single fear of NATO. The main European countries are aware of the capabilities of Russia. When it comes to Nuclear, Russia is self sufficient and have amassed many weapon grade uranium.

Putin will prefer to invade Ukraine, recover the country such that they will never ever have the option of joining NATO. What they will lose from the US sanctions, they gain from taking over the country and it's resources.

While we will continue to appreciate America's strength in war, Russia have same and are ready for it. Russia and US are the two countries that have the capability to destroy the entire world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat / Shireen Abu Akleh, Al Jazeera Journalist Shot Dead By Israeli Forces / Trump's Ban Affected One Of His Supporters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.