Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Share Your Experience On Community Leaders' Excesses - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your Experience On Community Leaders' Excesses (368 Views)

Guys, Share Your Experience Of Sexual Abuse / My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 / 3 Herdsmen Killed In Anambra, 2 Community Leaders Detained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience On Community Leaders' Excesses by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2022
While I was in the church for the Sunday service yesterday, the community people went to my house and disconnected the house electricity.

On getting home I went to the see the man that led the assault on my light. After a long talk, he directed me to the community chairman who I met his absence. I called him but his line wasn't going through. So I slept in darkness for the first day.

On the second day after several patrolling on his house, I finally met him with some other complainers.

When I asked him for the reason for the disconnection of my light, he said I was owing the community #11500. He claimed #10000 is for the repair of the community bridge that we have been repairing for the past 3years while #5000 is for electric poles' maintainance of which he claimed I had paid for #3500 before.

I told him I could not afford #11500 now but willing to pay #3500 so that they take #1500 for the electricity balance and the remaining balance should be put on the bridge repairs but he refused, claiming that my wire will not be returned to me until the whole money is paid and that even if the money is balanced now, I will not still be given until next week Sunday when the community meeting do hold.

There are some others in my shoe that are ready to go violent on it but me, what and who do I know.

Sincerely I felt being oppressed.

Share your own experience and possible way out.
And do they have the legal back up to act in such manner.
Re: Share Your Experience On Community Leaders' Excesses by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:45pm On Feb 22, 2022
Your kind advise needed
Re: Share Your Experience On Community Leaders' Excesses by Whois(m): 8:55am On Feb 23, 2022
Sadly this is Nigeria, nothing any1 can do since you said the matter is between you and your community leadership but if you really want the hard way then you and your colleagues should unite and speak your demands with one voice
Re: Share Your Experience On Community Leaders' Excesses by 213chibundo: 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
sad

(1) (Reply)

Loan Apps: My Brief Understanding And Insight. / INSIDE LIFE: MAN Strangles Wife To Death After She Discovers A Hidden Gun / What to Do In Case Of A Nuclear Explosion? U.S. Government Updates Guida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.