Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There (1065 Views)

I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc / NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by Heeyanu(f): 12:35am On Feb 22, 2022
Great Nairalanders. I just got posted to Niger state for my Nysc. I want to go by road as I can't afford flight fee.
Please how safe is the road that links Ilorin to Niger? I am going from Lagos.

I'm also scared of the state, the bomb news this evening is so scaring. Please I need you advice on what to do.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by OneCorner: 2:03am On Feb 22, 2022
Chai
Sorry oo... not meaning to scare you but news from Niger state shows it’s a newer version of sambisa forest, with terrorist regrouping in that state
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by OneCorner: 2:04am On Feb 22, 2022
But u can redeploy na
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by HELLASJ(m): 12:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by Heeyanu(f): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2022
HELLASJ:
Nothing to be afraid of, I stay in Minna, Niger state capital and I must say it's very safe and peaceful here. All those kidnapping and the likes are carried out in villages (typical ones).

Food is cheap as well as accommodation but there's heat this period (btw Feb. And April).

They're lots of people coming from Lagos to Niger, go through ilorin route via Bida into Niger or Via Okene(Kogi) into Niger.

We have lots of students from south-west(Lagos,osun,Ibadan,ogun etc) studying at FUTMinna and 90% go through ilorin(kwara) route. Even as I'm typing some are on the way home as result of this ASUU strike while some are still in school.

Nothing to be afraid of.

Thank you so much. I appreciate this reply. I will go to the state but I will still redeploy. Thanks for assuring me that the journey is safe, I will go in faith.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by Heeyanu(f): 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
OneCorner:
But u can redeploy na
I will
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by JOACHINpedro: 6:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
Can you link up with your fellow portals posted to the state?
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by HELLASJ(m): 6:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
Heeyanu:

Thank you so much. I appreciate this reply. I will go to the state but I will still redeploy. Thanks for assuring me that the journey is safe, I will go in faith.
Anytime!
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by ignis: 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2022
Heeyanu:

Minna is very safe and calm... A very good place to serve. Please don't redeploy.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by Heeyanu(f): 12:00am On Feb 23, 2022
ignis:

Minna is very safe and calm... A very good place to serve. Please don't redeploy.
Most of the people i asked said same thing, thanks alot
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by Heeyanu(f): 12:01am On Feb 23, 2022
JOACHINpedro:
Can you link up with your fellow portals posted to the state?
I already did, thanks alot
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by Mrxawe: 6:28am On Feb 23, 2022
HELLASJ:
Nothing to be afraid of, I stay in Minna, Niger state capital and I must say it's very safe and peaceful here. All those kidnapping and the likes are carried out in villages (typical ones).

Food is cheap as well as accommodation but there's heat this period (btw Feb. And April).

They're lots of people coming from Lagos to Niger, go through ilorin route via Bida into Niger or Via Okene(Kogi) into Niger.

We have lots of students from south-west(Lagos,osun,Ibadan,ogun etc) studying at FUTMinna and 90% go through ilorin(kwara) route. Even as I'm typing some are on the way home as result of this ASUU strike while some are still in school.

Nothing to be afraid of.
Which kidnapping and the likes happen in villages? @ Heeyanu don't listen to him. Just last year, there was a kidnap attempt on Corp members in camp at Paikoro. There's no where safe in niger, even minna. Please redeploy if you can.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by Mrxawe: 6:31am On Feb 23, 2022
Heeyanu:

Go through Ilorin-jebba-mokwa-Bida-Minna route. Don't pass through kogi else armed robbers and bandits might make an easy meal out of you.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by ignis: 9:43am On Feb 23, 2022
Heeyanu:

Most of the people i asked said same thing, thanks alot

You are welcome
Re: I Just Got Posted To Niger State, I Am Scared Of Going There by ozo13(m): 10:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
Heeyanu:

the nysc camp is jus few miles from the capital and its safe .

(1) (Reply)

Left Behind By Batch B14 Train Due A Mistake In My JAMB Registration Number / Thread For 2015 NYSC Prospective Batch A Members / Shocking Photo Of A Youth Corper Sleeping On Kubwa Bridge,abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.