Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Making Of Phone Calls At Checking Points. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Making Of Phone Calls At Checking Points. (522 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Army Ask Riders To Roll Bike At Checking Points? / Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints / Making Calls At Filling Stations Is Now A Crime — Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Of Phone Calls At Checking Points. by eedimo(m): 9:49am On Feb 22, 2022
Security experts in the house, I want to know why sending or recieving phone calls is a crime in Nigeria.

Members of the diaspora community, does this rule apply in your countries of residence?

Mods do something pls?
Re: Making Of Phone Calls At Checking Points. by Candidlady: 10:25am On Feb 22, 2022
sad
Re: Making Of Phone Calls At Checking Points. by morningsta(m): 10:31am On Feb 22, 2022
eedimo:
Security experts in the house, I want to know why answering or receiving phone calls is a crime in Nigeria.

I believe you mean receiving calls at police/military check points. it is not a crime to take calls at check points as far as the law is concerned. The thing is that given the increase in criminal activities and attacks on security operatives, it is risky to do so. It is all about self preservation for the security operatives. explosives can be triggered by mobile phones, or people pretending to pick calls can bring out a gun and attack.

Members of the diaspora community, does this rule apply in your countries of residence?

Mods pls help my ignorance?
Re: Making Of Phone Calls At Checking Points. by paulolee(m): 11:06am On Feb 22, 2022
meself dont know o...i remember wen It happened on my way to akwa ibom coming from lag..
we saw a check point around abia state n one guy sitting close to me was already on call even before we reach d check point n continued d call after dey stopped our car for questions..
na one small looking military officer jua rush, open our window n tear d guy hot slap, asif dt wasn't enough, he turned around, opened d door n ask d guy to come out n explain the criminal gangs he is given tips about security matters..
they flogged d guy belts n asked him to frog jump n all we can do was to keep pleading bcoz d guy was jus talking to his parents..
dey asked us to leave without him if we like to continue d journey bcoz he must wait till dier boss resumes next morning bt we kept on begging n pleading n bent on not leaving without him..
after hours of begging, dey pitied him n asked him to enter with us with bruises n injuries on his body jus bcox of call..
dis country av really failed us..

2 Likes

Re: Making Of Phone Calls At Checking Points. by eedimo(m): 10:32pm On Feb 23, 2022
paulolee:
meself dont know o...i remember wen It happened on my way to akwa ibom coming from lag..
we saw a check point around abia state n one guy sitting close to me was already on call even before we reach d check point n continued d call after dey stopped our car for questions..
na one small looking military officer jua rush, open our window n tear d guy hot slap, asif dt wasn't enough, he turned around, opened d door n ask d guy to come out n explain the criminal gangs he is given tips about security matters..
they flogged d guy belts n asked him to frog jump n all we can do was to keep pleading bcoz d guy was jus talking to his parents..
dey asked us to leave without him if we like to continue d journey bcoz he must wait till dier boss resumes next morning bt we kept on begging n pleading n bent on not leaving without him..
after hours of begging, dey pitied him n asked him to enter with us with bruises n injuries on his body jus bcox of call..
Your story is similar to the reason why I'm asking security experts to brief me accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Making Of Phone Calls At Checking Points. by Eben91: 1:22am On Feb 24, 2022
paulolee:
This is why I am always HAPPY whenever the unknown gunmen attack and kill them

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Accident Claims The Lives Of 12 On Ilorin-ogbomoso Road / Can My Friend Win In Court For This Type Of Fight / Another Blasphemy: Allow Police To Handle This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.