Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Inspiration Gone Wrong From The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inspiration Gone Wrong From The Bible (354 Views)

Leke Adeboye On US And Iran: Donald Trump Is An Inspiration / See The Latest Marriage Requirement In RCCG That Has Gone Viral(pic / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inspiration Gone Wrong From The Bible by AntiChristian: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2022
Men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit
Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation. For no such prophecy was ever brought forth by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
2 Peter 1:21

Are you sure all these verse are as a result of the Holy spirit? lipsrsealed

About Alcohol
Alcohol is for the dying, and wine for those in bitter distress.
Let them drink to forget their poverty and remember their troubles no more.[/b] Proverbs 31:6-7

Yahweh commands his Prophet to be Nude for 3 years
The LORD had already spoken through Isaiah son of Amoz, saying, “Go, remove the sackcloth from your waist and the sandals from your feet.” And Isaiah did so, walking around naked and barefoot. Then the LORD said, “Just as My servant Isaiah has gone naked and barefoot for three years as a sign and omen against Egypt and Cush. Isaiah 20:2-3

How will God punish your descendants?
I will punish your descendants and splatter your faces with the manure from your festival sacrifices, and I will throw you on the manure pile. Malachi 2:3

Human dung as Fuel!
Prepare and eat this food as you would barley cakes. While all the people are watching, bake it over a fire using dried human dung as fuel and then eat the bread. Ezekiel 4:12

God is Jealous and punishes sins of parents on the Children...
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me Exodus 20:5

Seven times Punishment
“’If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over. Lev 26:18

Seven times Punishment- Season 2
And if in spite of these things you do not accept My discipline, but continue to walk in hostility toward Me, then I will act with hostility toward you, and I will strike you seven times for your sins. Lev 26:23-24

Seven times Punishment- Season 3
But if in spite of all this you do not obey Me, but continue to walk in hostility toward Me, then I will walk in fury against you, and I, even I, will punish you sevenfold for your sins. You will eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters 26:27-29

Jeremiah's Complaint that Yahweh deceived him
You have deceived me, O LORD, and I was deceived. You have overcome me and prevailed. I am a laughingstock all day long; everyone mocks me. Jeremaih 20:7

Cornelboy
Re: Inspiration Gone Wrong From The Bible by Hundredfold4lif(m): 10:39am On Feb 22, 2022
And you think the stupid god of your religion has anything better? You are seeking for faults and mistakes in the Bible without taking cognisance of the mind, will and purpose of GOD Almighty!
Now you are talking like a moralistic being! True? Are you? O, thank you for exposing your intolerant, bedeviled mindset!
Re: Inspiration Gone Wrong From The Bible by cornelboy(f): 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2022
Comot here jàre the Koran says in more that two verses that Allah is the master of deceivers wink

Why does the Koran contain stuffs written in the Bible?

AntiChristian:
Men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit
Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation. For no such prophecy was ever brought forth by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
2 Peter 1:21

Are you sure all these verse are as a result of the Holy spirit? lipsrsealed

About Alcohol
Alcohol is for the dying, and wine for those in bitter distress.
Let them drink to forget their poverty and remember their troubles no more.[/b] Proverbs 31:6-7

Yahweh commands his Prophet to be Nude for 3 years
The LORD had already spoken through Isaiah son of Amoz, saying, “Go, remove the sackcloth from your waist and the sandals from your feet.” And Isaiah did so, walking around naked and barefoot. Then the LORD said, “Just as My servant Isaiah has gone naked and barefoot for three years as a sign and omen against Egypt and Cush. Isaiah 20:2-3

How will God punish your descendants?
I will punish your descendants and splatter your faces with the manure from your festival sacrifices, and I will throw you on the manure pile. Malachi 2:3

Human dung as Fuel!
Prepare and eat this food as you would barley cakes. While all the people are watching, bake it over a fire using dried human dung as fuel and then eat the bread. Ezekiel 4:12

God is Jealous and punishes sins of parents on the Children...
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me Exodus 20:5

Seven times Punishment
“’If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over. Lev 26:18

Seven times Punishment- Season 2
And if in spite of these things you do not accept My discipline, but continue to walk in hostility toward Me, then I will act with hostility toward you, and I will strike you seven times for your sins. Lev 26:23-24

Seven times Punishment- Season 3
But if in spite of all this you do not obey Me, but continue to walk in hostility toward Me, then I will walk in fury against you, and I, even I, will punish you sevenfold for your sins. You will eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters 26:27-29

You have deceived me, O LORD, and I was deceived. You have overcome me and prevailed. I am a laughingstock all day long; everyone mocks me. Jeremaih 20:7

Cornelboy
Re: Inspiration Gone Wrong From The Bible by AntiChristian: 9:08am On Feb 23, 2022
cornelboy:
Comot here jàre the Koran says in more that two verses that Allah is the master of deceivers wink

Why does the Koran contain stuffs written in the Bible?

Bring 5 different translations of Qur'an that gives that interpretation!

1.New International Version
You deceived me, LORD, and I was deceived; you overpowered me and prevailed. I am ridiculed all day long; everyone mocks me.

2.New Living Translation
O LORD, you misled me, and I allowed myself to be misled. You are stronger than I am, and you overpowered me. Now I am mocked every day; everyone laughs at me.

3.English Standard Version
O LORD, you have deceived me, and I was deceived; you are stronger than I, and you have prevailed. I have become a laughingstock all the day; everyone mocks me.

4.Berean Study Bible
You have deceived me, O LORD, and I was deceived. You have overcome me and prevailed. I am a laughingstock all day long; everyone mocks me.

5.King James Bible
O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.
Re: Inspiration Gone Wrong From The Bible by cornelboy(f): 7:46am On Feb 25, 2022
Lol when you know that your dishonest modern English translators hid the meaning.

The meaning in Arabic is deceiver.

If you had read the whole of Jeremiah, you wouldn't have brought this up at all. Jeremiah was God's prophet sent to his own people and he was persecuted by them. He wife was killed. A lot happened to him. He would thought that God forsake him. He overcame at the end.
AntiChristian:
Bring 5 different translations of Qur'an that gives that interpretation!

1.New International Version
You deceived me, LORD, and I was deceived; you overpowered me and prevailed. I am ridiculed all day long; everyone mocks me.

2.New Living Translation
O LORD, you misled me, and I allowed myself to be misled. You are stronger than I am, and you overpowered me. Now I am mocked every day; everyone laughs at me.

3.English Standard Version
O LORD, you have deceived me, and I was deceived; you are stronger than I, and you have prevailed. I have become a laughingstock all the day; everyone mocks me.

4.Berean Study Bible
You have deceived me, O LORD, and I was deceived. You have overcome me and prevailed. I am a laughingstock all day long; everyone mocks me.

5.King James Bible
O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.
Re: Inspiration Gone Wrong From The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:07am On Feb 25, 2022
cornelboy:
Lol when you know that your dishonest modern English translators hid the meaning.

The meaning in Arabic is deceiver.

If you had read the whole of Jeremiah, you wouldn't have brought this up at all. Jeremiah was God's prophet sent to his own people and he was persecuted by them. He wife was killed. A lot happened to him. He would thought that God forsake him. He overcame at the end.

This is plain foolish prejudice from you. No recognized Qur'an translation used what you are saying but yours has the it in several translations. Yet you want me to refer to the context of your own verse without you refering to the context of the Qur'an.

Didn't know witnesses too are like this bias. Well people show themselves gradually.
Re: Inspiration Gone Wrong From The Bible by GreatAxeMan: 8:21am On Feb 25, 2022
Why does Allah say that it is the duty of Muslims to commit adultery?

AntiChristian:

This is plain foolish prejudice from you. No recognized Qur'an translation used what you are saying but yours has the it in several translations. Yet you want me to refer to the context of your own verse without you refering to the context of the Qur'an.

Didn't know witnesses too are like this bias. Well people show themselves gradually.
Re: Inspiration Gone Wrong From The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
Why does Allah say that it is the duty of Muslims to commit adultery?

Where did Allah say exactly that "It is the duty of Muslims to commit Adultery"?

(1) (Reply)

I Am In / Nowhere In The Bible Says A Christian Can't Defend Himself -pastor Adeboye / What Is Your Request? -wotmin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.