Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

You Mock People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Mock People (198 Views)

2023: Peter Obi Defeat Is Here, I Will Mock People Today / Dino Melaye, Reno Omokri Mock Shehu Sani Over Resignation From APC / Nigerians Mock Governor Fayose, Remind Him Of What Happened In 2014. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Mock People by Johndickson500(m): 11:33am On Feb 22, 2022
You mock married people for not having children, you forget also that you can lose your children all at once.

You mock single people for not getting married, you forget also that you can lose your spouse and be thrown into the misery of loss and bereavement.

You mock women who don’t have male children, you forget suddenly that you can lose your own male children.

You mock people for dying early forgetting that we’d all die, the only difference is that we don’t know when.

You mock people for their health struggles forgetting that the only difference between you being a social media beggar is that same sickness that can hit you anytime.

You mock people who decide to space their children with talks of menopause and time, you forget that menopause hits everyone too and

You mock people who don’t have money, you forget suddenly that you can make that one financial decision and lose all you have.

My point?

Stop mocking people who don’t seem to have what you have.

Stop shaming people with what they don’t seem to have control over.

You who has it all, doesn’t have it all by your own power or might. If God decides to take away his mercies and grace from us, which one of us can actually stand?

My friend told me of a woman whom she had an argument online with and this woman mocked her of how single she still is at 39. She narrated this with tears in her eyes.

Reminds me of this woman who kept bugging me about children, bragging about how she’s in her late thirties and her children are already adults, how she’s going to relax and enjoy the fruits of her labour even before she gets to fifty.

Well, sadly, she lost two of these adult children. Losing her children made her realize that you don’t brag about such things you have and use them to spite others because you have absolute no power of yours to make this happen.

And when we get to heaven, nobody is going to take a crown for getting married earlier, having adults children before your mates or building your mansions before others.

After her loss, she came to ask for my forgiveness and said she had offended me by constantly bugging me about children. I told her I wasn’t a witch o, me I didn’t eat her children and I was sorry tragedy had to teach her this way. I forgave her but I hope she had learnt her lesson.

Stop using what people have no control over to spite them?! Remember, just like that woman, tragedies can humble you.

Follow me on Facebook using Evangelist John Emmanuel

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Today In History: The Most Hectic Day In Zamfara / . @pres_adebayo Presents Gen. Damkat Yah Bali’s Book / Governor Sanwo-Olu Celebrates Olusegun Obasanjo On His 85th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.