Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B) Part 2 - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B) Part 2 (327 Views)

Female Imo Corper Dies In Accident On Her Way To Kwara On Relocation / My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) / My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B) Part 2 by Zainabhamzat20(f): 12:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
After all the security clearance stuff at the gate and checking I started dragging my ecolag and mehn the road to the clinic for covid test seemed like forever and my friend helped me while I carried the other stuffs. We finally got to the clinic and we took number and finally the test was done everyone was just sneezing and some people's eye turned red Lol. After been declared and certified negative we proceeded to the hostel side where some obs (camp broadcasters) adviced us to leave our bags under the big mango tree , mehn I couldn't say no and we headed to the hall for Registration, from 1 step to another and finally got my khaki and went to the hostel for registration by this time I and my coursemate already parted ways. On getting to the hostel I met 3 ladies on the queue and I was the fourth person so we automatically became roomies/cubicle mates so we went to our cubicle and it was so close to the toilet and we begged for a cubicle change but the matron turned deaf ears , We had to accept our fate. It was almost 3 .30pm and the soldiers started blowing their trumpet ,we felt we are new comers so no shaking not untill the matron and some female soldiers came in and ordered us to get dressed immediately. Ha ayemi.... I Sha managed to dress and wore 1 of my short nickers I brought from home because the camp own was of low quality and it very short . We headed out ooo and then a man whom they say he's in charge of all the hostels said hey u and we all turned, who sir? U ( that was me), so I moved closer wondering what I did and he said what are u wearing? I still stood there baffled and Wondering what wrong with my dressing? And he ordered me to go back and wear camp shorts and I complained that it too short but he kept harassing me and the matron just pleaded with me to go and change I went back in and changed and when I came out he was no longer there, so the matron just said even they don't see anything bad in wat I previously wore but just to let peace reign that was y they signalled to me to just obey. I got to the parade ground with my new roomies and we met them already training but in seperate and scattered groups so we were confused on which group to join. So we started proceeding further and one soldier called us and said come and join we then said sir we are new comers, he said my friend join. Lol naso we run join. We were thought left turn, right turn , about turn and I and my hajia roommate kept misbehaving because of tension and fear. If they say right we go turn left, if they say left we go turn right and the soldier was like hajia shuuuu Lol, then he indicated left and right on our hands hahahaha. Las Las we finished and headed back to the hostel. U guys need to see my sneakers so dusty . When we got to the hostel and later collected dinner I thought that was all for the day and as per madam neat I pulled everything and went outside to wash only for me to be hearing trumpet again (wetin be that again? ) Night parade? I asked myself and we were asked to quickly go and dress and go to the hall for lecture ha , I heard to wear new whites and after the lecture we came back to the hostel and after washing I was so tired and I slept off. First day done and dusted.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Graduates Who Shun NYSC Mobilization To Face Immediate Prosecution – DG / What Are The Requirement Needed In NYSC Camp / Top 7 Mobile Digital Skills Complete Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.