Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Kanayo O Kanayo, Others Are To Be Blamed For Increase In Ritual Money In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kanayo O Kanayo, Others Are To Be Blamed For Increase In Ritual Money In Nigeria (159 Views)

How Nollywood Influence Youth To Engage In Ritual Killings + Pasuma Clashes With / What's The Reason For The Increase In Alcohol Intake Among Youth Today? / See Young Indian Girls Brutally Whipped In Ritual To Cure Them Of Evil Spirits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanayo O Kanayo, Others Are To Be Blamed For Increase In Ritual Money In Nigeria by kmaster007: 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nigeria’s Minister of Culture and Information, Lai Mohammed, has blamed Nollywood producers and actors over the continuous rise of ritual killings in the country.
Lai Mohammed disclosed that filmmakers in the country have been asked to avoid making money ritual contents.

The Minister stated the Federal Government’s plan to sanitize social media is contingent on confessions of some money ritual suspects during a media visit to the Daily Trust office in Abuja on Monday, February 21.

He said: “Many have also blamed Nollywood for featuring money rituals in some of its movies, saying this has negatively influenced the vulnerable youth. To mitigate this, I have directed the National Film and Video Censors Board, the body set up to regulate the film and video industry in Nigeria, to take this issue into consideration while performing its role of censoring and classifying films and videos.

“I have also directed NFVCB to engage with stakeholders in the film industry in order to express the concerns of the government and Nigerians on the need to eschew money ritual content in their movies.”

MY THOUGHTS

I think the Nigerian movie industry has little or no effect on the incessant rise in ritual killings in the country. Because, we all know that it’s just a make believe stuff.

The focus and point of order should be more on the family structure, peer groups and society at large. These days, parents barely caution their kids when they do something wrong. Some parents even advice their kids to do anything in order to make money.

The society only respect and adore people who have lots of money. I think the sanitization should start from families. The government should arrest parents who do not report their kids who make money overnight!
Re: Kanayo O Kanayo, Others Are To Be Blamed For Increase In Ritual Money In Nigeria by silverlinen(m): 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2022
As in why? I don't understand.
Re: Kanayo O Kanayo, Others Are To Be Blamed For Increase In Ritual Money In Nigeria by Babaken(m): 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2022
Rubbish,
Movie is only interpretating what's happening not something about to happen.
Re: Kanayo O Kanayo, Others Are To Be Blamed For Increase In Ritual Money In Nigeria by Kylekent59: 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2022
You should be more focused on how they ended up in the movies.

They are letting you know that blood money is evil.

(1) (Reply)

Learning 6 Digital Skills With Just N2,000 Doesn't Happen Everyday. / Women And The Age Burden / Minerals And Minerals - Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.