Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Chike's Song "Soldier" What Do The Soldiers And Loved Ones Think Of It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chike's Song "Soldier" What Do The Soldiers And Loved Ones Think Of It? (480 Views)

Shooting In Owerri As Soldiers And Unknown Gunmen Clash (Video) / Soldiers And Members Of ESN Clash In Orlu, Imo State - FFK Reacts / Heavy Gunfire In Orlu, Imo As Soldiers And ESN Clash (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chike's Song "Soldier" What Do The Soldiers And Loved Ones Think Of It? by WhatCanIsay(m): 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2022
Chike's song "Soldier" what do the soldiers think of it.

Chike has a voice that any music lover can't but love. Distinct without any unnecessary nasalization, each word carries it's arrow straight to your heart; no wonder ladies, people in love and heartbroken men can't get enough of him. But one of his songs that makes me drop a tear is, "Soldier."

Whenever I listen to it, I imagine myself as a soldier, especially in Nigeria that the welfare of the soldiers are saddening. Remember that vintage Okey Bakassi's joke on the monkey and a railway worker? Nigerian soldiers especially the junior officers we see on the roads and those fighting the major battles with Boko Haram and insurgents do not have a national shoulder to fall upon when the shit hits the ceiling. Most of their widows and families are left broken mentally, emotionally and financially when they bite the bullet. Does the Chike song resonate with you as a soldier? Does it tug on your heart and make you question your sacrifices?

If I am a soldier, any time I listen to that song, I have to call my parents and all my loved ones to reassure them of my love and plea for their prayers.

The lovely song is not a moral booster for soldiers or their loved ones, but it still speaks emotionally to them.
I wonder what will happen if that song is played during military parades and national military memorial days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlvYbVl7R-U

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy Of Military Takeover In Africa Fulfilled / VP Commissions Toyota Certified Service Centre In Lagos / 2023: Abuja Agog As Pastor Umo Eno Picks Governorship Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.