Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo (32911 Views)

LASG Unveils Lagos Ride Scheme. / Lagos Ride: Lagos State Unveils Ride-Hailing Taxi Scheme / Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by lalasticlala(m): 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
What is Lagos Ride?

It is NOT an empowerment scheme, but a deliberate advanced slavery scheme.

THREAD!!!

1. Each applicant "driver" will have to pay a non-refundable 17k to pre-qualify..

2. If the driver passes the prequalification stage, the driver will have to pay the sum of N1,845,500 which is to cover 20% cost of the vehicle, registration and insurance, advance rent payment, first aid kit, e-taxi licence and training.

3. Driver will remit 8,709 daily and compulsory.

4. Driver will still pay 25% of each trip like the normal uber commission.

5. Number 3 and 4 will continue without any hitch for 4 years and the car becomes driver's own.

6. Driver will fuel the car on his own.

7. Ibile holdings will handle servicing and maintenance through GAC motor
The above is just summary of the scheme.

Questions are as follows:�

1. If I am a driver and I have 1.8m, will I be fool enough to go and subject myself to all the above or get a good Toyota car of my own and register with already available e-hailing platforms?

2. If 1.8m is just 20% of the vehicle, that means the actual cost o the car is 9m even even if it's more than brand new who cares?

3. Please multiply 8,709 daily by 365 days. This means in a year, the driver would have paid 3,178,785. Now multiply just 3m by 4 years and it follows that the driver would have paid 12m and worked for 4 years to own the car. Now, the car cost 9m and you will pay 12m over 4 years.

4. If the e-hailing platform charges between 10% and 25% commission,why can't the scheme that is claiming empowerment not charge below the 10% at least?

5. The 25% commission itself will also affect the driver's ability to read the daily remittance of 8,709.

6. With the above, can one consider the scheme empowerment or slavery?

7. In my honest opinion, I will prefer to do nothing than enslave myself with the arrangement even if I don't have an option. Do you also know that if in the course of working under the platform, there is high possibility that the car will be withdrawn from driver in the event not meeting the remittance repeatedly for whatever reasons even if genuine?

So after two years or so of labour the car can be taken away from you & if you go to the court the main contract terms and conditions will be read to the driver and will be all efforts wasted. Sad that some drivers won't read the contract word for word and even some that will do will still accept because they just want to start hustling as the saying goes.

Cre: MFr

https://twitter.com/Imudia_se2/status/1496141513264357386?t=CBmNpEuscQj020Otf3WrxA&s=08

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/6997064/lasg-unveils-lagos-ride-scheme

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by gaby(m): 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2022
A very hard sell this will be and yet another reason why the government should face governance and leave the business for business people.

213 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2022

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
here we go

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by tunjijones(m): 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
No nao.

This is 21st century slavery.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by bigdammyj: 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
Okay

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by Akinzola: 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by Skyfornia(m): 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
Bros stop pitying this people..Yoi are just wasting your precious time...they are the ones that voted the leaders into power and will still vote them again tomorrow in exchange for their destinies.

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by PIPPROF(m): 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
Sounds like a scam

The application fee alone will ve used to scam thousands
They can easily make 2 to 300m naira from non refundable application scam

A well branded ponzi with govt backup

151 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by careytommy37(m): 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
APC is the party if slavery

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by NwaNimo1(m): 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2022

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by almsofgold: 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
It was too good to be true. Verdict; DOA grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by babyfaceafrica: 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
Super story. Nigerians will always complain

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by KmniAutos(m): 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
OMO

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by naija4life247: 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
Okay nah
Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by Aboguede(m): 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
Na waooooh
Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by dele1727: 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
grin grin grin

What is true is that its not forced on anyone...

The terms are clearly outlined...
If you are okay with it ...take it

If you are not leave it...

It's a new car for 9M ......

You did not tell us who will be paying for the cost of maintaining the car..

Expected to work for 10-15 years even with our bad maintenance culture...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by ATEAMS: 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nawao

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
Do they have the spread to feed the drivers with clients that would pay up the daily charges if they want to start at such high standard?

If Uber and bolt decide to do a one week discount to shake them, can the drivers withstand the shock?

The car being branded automatically secludes them to just the app rather than tapping into the spread of uber and bolt as Uber and bolt dont use branded cars.

The company needs to re-strategise properly as only well grounded companies with ultra large spread come up with such stringent factors. Other wise it might join its ancestors in no time.

free strategy advice: it could be the official taxi for lagos state govt workers, while the Govt cuts down on purchase, fueling and maintenance of vehicles alongside employment of drivers, it pays the lagos ride since there is a track record of approved trips and trackings. The drivers in turn are put on stipend by ibile holdings while a major bulk of there earnings go to installmental purchase of the car.
- Thereby, Lagos state wins on cost cutting drastically.
- Ibile wins on a selected monopoly market.
- The drivers win on eased higher purchase with a niche market.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by bmdmix11: 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
lalasticlala:

https://twitter.com/Imudia_se2/status/1496141513264357386?t=CBmNpEuscQj020Otf3WrxA&s=08

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/6997064/lasg-unveils-lagos-ride-scheme
thanks boss for d break down.

this government is nothing but a money grabbing sickness.

zombies will still praise the e taxi

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by MartinsD12(m): 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
cry
lalasticlala:

Madness dey worry them it's like taking a loan to pay in 4 year's imagine 4m remitting 8k everyday what a nonsense

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by BigDawsNet: 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
cheesy

It's not a white collar job
So I believe these potential driver are not worried

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by clothingonline(m): 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
Terms and conditions

Apply when it favour you

I can’t even apply if a scheme will
Not benefit me hire purchase are always difficult

Men clothing payment on delivery

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by unitysheart(m): 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
LILTJAY:
Igbos with jealousy. .
Castrated people

Otaigbe isn't an igbo name.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ride Is An Advanced Slavery Scheme - Otaigbe Imadegbelo by naija4life247: 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
Revlation:
People should learn to appreciate good things

My brother, please go over the guy's analysis. It's not everything that is politics

50 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benue Floods: Passengers Stranded As Road Divides Into Two / Truck Crushes Lagos Driver To Death As He Was Under His Truck Checking Out Fault / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.