Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin (43648 Views)

Putin Raids Prigozhin’s Mansion; Humiliates Excile Warlord After Failed Uprising / Sergey Ryabkov: US-NATO Arms Convoys In Ukraine Legitimate Targets / Putin Places Sergey Beseda Under House Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by naptu2: 3:00am On Feb 23, 2022
Sergey Naryshkin is the Director of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service.

Sergey Naryshkin: "We must. . . I would like to agree with the suggestion of Nikolai Platonovich that we can give our Western partners one last chance. Er, presenting them with the choice, in the shortest time to force Kyiv to choose peace and implement the Minsk agreement.

In the worst case, we have to make the decision we are discussing today.

Vladimir Putin (with a wry smile) : "What does that mean? 'In the worst case'? Are you suggesting we start negotiations"?

Sergey Naryshkin: "Erm. . . No, I erm. . ."

Vladimir Putin: "Or recognise sovereignity"?

Sergey Naryshkin: "I. . . I will. . .

Vladimir Putin: "Speak. . . Speak, speak plainly"!

Sergey Naryshkin: "I will support the recognition. . ."

Vladimir Putin: "I would support, or I am supporting? Speak plainly Sergei"!

Sergey Naryshkin: "I am supporting the proposal. . ."

Vladimir Putin: "Then say it like that: yes or no".

Sergey Naryshkin: "I support the proposal about the entry of the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics into the Russian Federation".

Vladimir Putin (laughing and shaking his head) : "We are not talking about that. We are not discussing that. We are talking about recognising their independence or not. Yes or no"?

Sergey Naryshkin: "Yes. I support the proposal to recognise their independence".

Vladimir Putin: "Thanks. You can take your seat".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-u8EoWcI

33 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by naptu2: 3:01am On Feb 23, 2022
Ukraine: Putin tells Russia's spy chief to speak plainly

President Vladimir Putin has pressed one of his top spy chiefs, during a meeting with Russia's top security officials on recognition for rebel-held regions of Ukraine.

As the head of Russia's foreign intelligence service shared his views on the current situation, Putin repeatedly asked him to clarify what he was saying and told him to "speak plainly".

It is not clear whether Russia has sent troops into two breakaway regions of eastern Ukraine, but the US and UK say Russia's order to deploy troops amounts to the "beginning of an invasion".

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-60485967

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by naptu2: 3:01am On Feb 23, 2022
Putin humiliates spy chief on world stage: 'Speak, speak, speak plainly!'

Russian President Vladimir Putin mocked one of his chief officials during a televised meeting Monday, telling the intelligence officer to "speak plainly."

The Russian president grew testy with Director of Foreign Intelligence Sergey Naryshkin during a tense meeting on Ukraine. Putin was seemingly annoyed at what he characterized as unclear statements of support for declaring the independence of two Ukrainian regions.

"With the suggestion of Nikolai Platonovich, that we could give our, how to say it, Western partners, one last chance. Presenting them with the choice, in the shortest time frame, to force Kyiv to choose peace and implement the Minsk agreements," Naryshin told the president. "In the worst case, we must make the decision that we are discussing today."

"What does it mean, 'in the worst case'? Are you suggesting we start negotiations?" Putin asked. "Or to recognize sovereignty?"

As Naryshkin stuttered, attempting to respond, Putin pressed him harder.

"Speak, speak, speak plainly!" Putin said.

"I support the proposal about the entry of the Donetsk and Luhansk Peoples' Republics into the Russian Federation," Naryshkin responded calmly.

"We're not talking about that," Putin responded, shaking his head. "We're not discussing that. We're talking about recognizing their independence or not."

"Yes," Naryshin finally responded. "I support their proposal for independence."

Russian troops have arrived in eastern Ukraine hours after Putin announced that he would recognize the independence of two separatist regions, European officials said Tuesday morning.

"Russian troops have entered in Donbas," the name for the area where the two separatist regions, Donetsk and Luhansk, are located, European Union foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said in Paris. "We consider Donbas part of Ukraine."

When asked whether Putin's decision to order Russian troops into the regions amounts to an invasion, Borrell said, "I wouldn’t say that’s a fully-fledged invasion, but Russian troops are on Ukrainian soil."

Fox News's Stephen Sorace contributed to this report.

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-humiliates-spy-chief-world-163847762.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by Nobody: 3:15am On Feb 23, 2022
This goes to show they might not like What Putin is doing, at the same time, No one wants to be in the bad book of Putin, he will not think twice dealing with you.

186 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by CoronaVirusPro: 3:29am On Feb 23, 2022
Dude will be killed anytime soon.

Anything that opposes Putin dies or rots in jail

I pity the poor man!

He does not know he is beside Kim jon Hun the second

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by Mhykel217(m): 3:49am On Feb 23, 2022
damn!! if power was human, its name would be Putin

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by Nobody: 3:53am On Feb 23, 2022
The amount of energy y'all put in another's country is alarming... everywhere is Russia this Russia that... even those that are not in Russia dey post Russian news...

177 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by naptu2: 3:59am On Feb 23, 2022
Manlikechoba:
The amount of energy y'all put in another's country is alarming... everywhere is Russia this Russia that... even those that are not in Russia dey post Russian news...

And isn't it wonderful that you are "putting" so much energy to comment on a thread about Russian affairs? Isn't that just amazing??

206 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by Wawelexy(m): 5:13am On Feb 23, 2022
the look on his face alone speaks volume

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by Maxymilliano(m): 5:52am On Feb 23, 2022
Well, When you fill the place with sycophants too scared to make independent decisions, that’s what you get.

Putin was just using the spy chief to catch cruise

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:05am On Feb 23, 2022
Countries and leaders usually react to humiliation in one of two ways — aggression or introspection. After China experienced what it called a “century of humiliation” from the West, it responded under Deng Xiaoping by essentially saying: “We’ll show you. We’ll beat you at your own game.”

When Putin felt humiliated by the West after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the expansion of NATO, he responded: “I’ll show you. I’ll beat up Ukraine.”

Yes, it’s all more complicated than that, but my point is this: This is Putin’s war. He’s a bad leader for Russia and its neighbors.
But America and NATO are not just innocent bystanders in his evolution.

When a major conflict like Ukraine breaks out, journalists always ask themselves: “Where should I station myself?” Kyiv? Moscow? Munich? Washington? In this case, my answer is none of these.
The only place to be for understanding this war is inside Russian President Vladimir Putin’s head. Putin is the most powerful, unchecked Russian leader since Stalin, and the timing of this war is a product of his ambitions, strategies and grievances.

But, with all of that said, America is not entirely innocent of fueling his fires.

How so? Putin views Ukraine’s ambition to leave his sphere of influence as both a strategic loss and a personal and national humiliation.
In his speech on Monday, Putin literally said Ukraine has no claim to independence, but is instead an integral part of Russia, its people are “connected with us by blood, family ties.” Which is why Putin’s onslaught against Ukraine’s freely elected government feels like the geopolitical equivalent of an honor killing.

Putin is basically saying to Ukrainians (more of whom want to join the European Union than NATO): “You fell in love with the wrong guy.
You will not run off with either NATO or the E.U. And if I have to club your government to death and drag you back home, I will

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by DevGraphix(m): 6:05am On Feb 23, 2022
Wow, such power.
Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by SenecaTheYonger: 6:07am On Feb 23, 2022
I swear, YouTube comment section is not a real place.

Someone said, “We just witnessed the last moments of this man’s life’

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by nairalee(m): 6:08am On Feb 23, 2022
This Putin's smile is more dangerous than an international ballistic missile

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by CalabarPikin: 6:09am On Feb 23, 2022
Putin

Man of no nonsense

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by Crafteck1: 6:09am On Feb 23, 2022
The shitheads saying puting was playing usa, hes not invading blabla, where are d freaking numbskulls, if not for the so called western world, if the world was based on these tyrants like putin, kim or even a lot of islamic nations pushing you to hate westernworld where everyone has a say, na sugarcane plantatiin you and your kids for de observe slave labour.

123 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by ivolt: 6:10am On Feb 23, 2022
hmm
Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by Globalhustler(m): 6:11am On Feb 23, 2022
U have the freedom of speech it’s the freedom after speech that’s not guaranteed

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:11am On Feb 23, 2022
Putin is a madman. So no one opposes his position and opinions... That's pure dictatorship

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by GIANTPLUSHUB: 6:12am On Feb 23, 2022
Mheen
Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by Tumbulum: 6:12am On Feb 23, 2022
Putin act and behave like he is a dictator.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by Jikupo: 6:12am On Feb 23, 2022
This man is brutal.

I just hope he doesn't cause another world war

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by planetx: 6:12am On Feb 23, 2022
Emperor Putin, even Donald Trump is openly praising him as a genius after outsmarting grandpa Biden.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by MufasaLion: 6:13am On Feb 23, 2022
Sergei is doomed!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by Mko123(m): 6:14am On Feb 23, 2022
W
Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by dalass(f): 6:14am On Feb 23, 2022
grin

Putin na crackhead cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by ChangetheChange: 6:14am On Feb 23, 2022
Ejeje

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by treatise: 6:15am On Feb 23, 2022
BritishNaija:
This goes to show they might not like What Putin is doing, at the same time, No one wants to be in the bad book of Putin, he will not think twice dealing with you.

These invasion stuff are part of putin's political survival plan ; these distractions are a ploy to avert implosion in Russia. Same mistakes made by Stalin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by MufasaLion: 6:15am On Feb 23, 2022
Crafteck1:
The shitheads saying puting was playing usa, hes not invading blabla, where are d freaking numbskulls, if not for the so called western world, if the woarld was based on these tyrants like putin, kim or even a lot of islamic nations pushing you to hate westernworld where everyine has a say, na sugarcane plantatiin you and your kids for de observe slave labour.

You're right but most of them are only interested in war because of the Hollywood action movies. They don't know the difference between fiction and reality.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ukraine: Vladimir Putin Publicly Humiliates His Spy Chief, Sergey Naryshkin by free2ryhme: 6:15am On Feb 23, 2022
naptu2:
Sergey Naryshkin is the Director of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-u8EoWcI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gabriel Attal Becomes France's Youngest And First Openly Gay Prime Minister / UK Police Arrest Six Nigerians For Selling Black Market Fuel / How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.