Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? (996 Views)

Does Anyone Have An Idea Of How Andela Really Started? / Software Engineering Training Bootcamp In Abuja / What Less Expensive Laptop Can I Get To Start My Programming Class. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? by Xbolmax: 9:31am On Feb 23, 2022
Hello guys, this is my first time of joining this creating a topic on this section.
I want to start my journey of software programming, well, I will be leaving my job this month end. I want to learn programming for the rest of the year. I'm a newbie (beginner)
Please I have some questions to ask
1. Can I become a frontend dev if a start learning from next month till the end of the year ?
2. Will I be able to achieve this with the remaining months (with intensive training)?
3. What are my chances of getting gig(job) after this training

I'm also another thing, is that I think going for a physical boot camp ( Lagos )will help me for this intensive training
Please I will love to know if anyone can recommend a good and less expensive physical bootcamp for a newbies like me that will enable me to achieve my goal of becoming a frontend dev within 9months ( but I will have a small side business to fend for myself during this period)
Hoping to get response ASAP
Appreciated
Re: Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? by olowolef: 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
The world has moved on. You don't need a physical Bootcamp to learn. I joined an online training program and after 3 months of learning and practice I built my first project. That project fetch me over 5million in the first year for just one client. That is some 2 years back. You can imagine what I have learnt down the lane.

What you need is a good learning platform but more importantly a mentor to guide you and a support community.

By March I'm launching my Frontend Engineer Masterclass Certificate Program through the Webclick Academy.

If you'll like to get started for free let me know

2 Likes

Re: Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? by Ebuka5: 2:45pm On Feb 25, 2022
olowolef:
The world has moved on. You don't need a physical Bootcamp to learn. I joined an online training program and after 3 months of learning and practice I built my first project. That project fetch me over 5million in the first year for just one client. That is some 2 years back. You can imagine what I have learnt down the lane.

What you need is a good learning platform but more importantly a mentor to guide you and a support community.

By March I'm launching my Frontend Engineer Masterclass Certificate Program through the Webclick Academy.

Hello please I would like to be part of it
How can I contact you
Re: Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? by Kiliwuwu: 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2022
olowolef:

how can I contact you also boss
Re: Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? by Contekbbc: 6:23pm On Apr 20, 2022
Please before you resign from your job
Can you self sustain for about a year till when you will be considerably okay with software development and getting gigs.

Learning on empty stomach will make your life miserable.

All things being equal,software engineering will give you peace of mind and money in your account but you need to be extremely good at your game.

Wish you good luck In your new found LOVE!

3 Likes

Re: Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? by Lotusflowerbomb: 10:57pm On May 16, 2022
Contekbbc:
Please before you resign from your job
Can you self sustain for about a year till when you will be considerably okay with software development and getting gigs.

Learning on empty stomach will make your life miserable.

All things being equal,software engineering will give you peace of mind and money in your account but you need to be extremely good at your game.

Wish you good luck In your new found LOVE!
I am at this stage and I am confused as f. The motivation to continue learning is not easy, cos you got bills to pay. Perhaps if there was something like an Apprenticeship, where people can learn and earn no matter how small the money is. I am sure it will be good, but this one, I am learning with survival jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? by Profwriter(m): 10:21pm On May 17, 2022
This is amazing, I will be glad to connect with you. Pm sent to you already
Re: Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? by Vandavoe(m): 11:13pm On May 17, 2022
Xbolmax:
Hello guys, this is my first time of joining this creating a topic on this section.
I want to start my journey of software programming, well, I will be leaving my job this month end. I want to learn programming for the rest of the year. I'm a newbie (beginner)
1. Can I become a frontend dev if a start learning from next month till the end of the year ?
2. Will I be able to achieve this with the remaining months (with intensive training)?

I'm also another thing, is that I think going for a physical boot camp ( Lagos )will help me for this intensive training
Please I will love to know if anyone can recommend a good and less expensive physical bootcamp for a newbies like me that will enable me to achieve my goal of becoming a frontend dev within 9months ( but I will have a small side business to fend for myself during this period)
Appreciated

I know a less expensive place, but in Ikorodu.
Re: Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? by Gee64: 8:36am On May 19, 2022
I'm interested.
Add me to your WhatsApp group please.
olowolef:

Re: Anyone With The Idea Of A Well And Less Expensive Physical Bootcamp In Lagos? by semmyk(m): 10:01am On May 19, 2022
The idea of a physical (in or out resident) is a good one. Should assist with dedication, focus, network...
Online are also great.
For physical, there are lots to choose from. For Yaba area, checkout Bincom Dev.
The lists on this link below should wet your appetite on what is possible (not necessarily guaranteed).
https://fi.co/insight/lagos-startup-resource-list-250-accelerators-incubators-investors-and-more
All the best.

Xbolmax:

I'm also another thing, is that I think going for a physical boot camp ( Lagos ) will help me for this intensive training
Appreciated

(1) (Reply)

Python/django Developer / Help Me Out In Java. / Ms Sql Server 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.