Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,911 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

6co's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 6co's Profile / 6co's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Satellite TV Technology / Re: Watching Free To Air Channels On Dstv by 6co: 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2012
big guy go to the child board and read from the first to the last page of FTA Channels of W4/7. where you do not understand ask questions thereof, including that you sound like a newbie - go read on the child board as regard newbie FAQ.
your question needs the right type of equipment and basic understanding of chasing satellite signals. goodluck.
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Installers Phone Numbers And Location. by 6co: 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2012
grin grin 6co - 08020635009 (festac/amuwo)
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 6co: 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2011
Lunsat:

I am in Southern Africa and I have learnt alot from my West African friends here on the forum. They are on the other side of the equator which means the language has to be decoded. When they say w3a is to the right of Sirus I know for me it means to the left of Sirus. When they say your dish mount should face south I know for me it means north. It gets interesting because when they say the LNB skew is 6 oclock it is indeed 6 oclock for me also, but when they say it should be 2 oclock for me perhaps it should be 10 oclock. Ocourse up is up and down is down. They talk about combining Sirus with Astra 2b, I nail sirus but astra 2b is no where to be found for me. Luckily for the sats we have in common, most of the  frequencies are the same so we can share. Once in a while they write in english which I cant find in any dictionary, but surprisingly sometimes i am able to decode that as well.

Hay we get by.  grin
lunsat you don kolo, (gess u wont get dat in the dikshunary 2)
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here by 6co: 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2011
guys, i am letting go my hd x403p = N16k and my srt 4652 = N3k
anyone with the desire to own them pm - frankokoatmyfastmail.com to conclude.
cheers.
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by 6co: 9:14am On Sep 24, 2011
~GANDALF~:

bro. i just did what u advised now, but that mbc tp is showing red but once i input 12728v30000, it goes to 73%. really wondering y my own is different. also checked astra 4 tp and its showing 71%.

guy. i am using the normal strong lnbf with a 90cm dish and 8diseq switch
bros if the quality of your signal is as high as you say on 12728v3000, mbc should be a piece of cake on w3. in any case try fuji hd lnb. these funny things happen - i have used a sharp lnb too in that position 12728v3000 was high up to 60 but wont turn green. i flickered the polarity and skewed no show. foxy!
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 6co: 9:03am On Sep 24, 2011
ask1509:

Thanks for your prompt reply. But its only the restart of the receiver i want to clarify now. After the update is done, will it restart itself or i have to do it using the button at the back by putting it off and then on. I dont want to fry my receiver.Thanks for your help,
bros, the receiver will restart itself and return to the last channel that you were before starting the update. since your care is the 'frying' of your receiver - ensure you are on generator! power must not go out when you are burning the flash!
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 6co: 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2011
hisoccer:

@ all its becoming strange dis days tracking 2 birds wit 4669xii bringing dem 2geda wit a disecq switch, yet one will precipitate up de oda will not, i have change up to 6 disecq switch still de same result. The both are hitting 93% singnal quality when seprated on a direct link 4rm dish to decoder, but after joining dem on de disecq switch trying to view dem both on de TV only (multi tv) will precipitate up why (Dstv) will be red if i go back & do sum adjustment on de menu Dstv will precipitate up multi tv will b red. When it cums to tracking of birds Am MORE THAN GOOD IN HUNTING ANY OF THOSE BIRDS 4rm 1.8m down wards working on disecq switch Am MORE THAN GOOD TOO. Dis is de second time am having dis expirence wit 4669xii, Plz fellow gurs what do u think could be worng, plz lets talk on dis to bring lasting solution as i think many might have problems regarding 2 dis, Thanks wards working on disecq switch Am MORE THAN GOOD TOO. Dis is de second time am having dis expirence wit 4669xii, Plz fellow gurs what do u think could be worng, plz lets talk on dis to bring lasting solution as i think many might have problems regarding 2 dis, Thanks
hisoccer you may have a valid point. i have gone through this twice meself (the two ocassions being with 69xii). after the installations i spent more time on the diesec. i could not explain it, felt like a novice. (but i am thinking its more with the diesecs).
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 6co: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2011
microgi@nt:

microgi@nt:

well micro. its not definite. there are several options already given and i had to throw in what i experienced (not probability) exactly on the same freq. while all the others were beaming higher percentages on the same sat. i changed lnb like twice, skewed, re-aligned and got still the same result. i even isolated the sat from the disec. it was at the point of giving up and re-arranging the sat back to the disec the cable pulled off at the disec end and i found out that the flexible parts at the f-connector attaching the cable to the disec had eaten off. i corrected that and the freq. was restored. my experience.
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 6co: 10:26am On Aug 24, 2011
I Hacked:

@ all about w4 tp 12437H23437 today i change the lnbf and the cable but still red i use 60cm dish and it hit green
with the same receiver and the same tp and i use the old cable and the same lnbf and it hit green other tp is very high up to 93% but why this tp still red?
where do you think the problem is? brodas help me thank you

ihack. there is not device fault. your cable ends at the f-connectors have detoriated. just go check back-to-back all the ends where the cable is inserted into the f-connectors. re-do the heads and make sure there is enough flexible wire touching the f-connector and the copper wire is well seperated from the flexible wire. you will be good.
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here by 6co: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2011
don401:

@all where can i get a 8way diseqc nd how much is it.
don401, alaba intl. hold 1.5 thousand nig. naira min.
Satellite TV Technology / Re: New Satellite Intelsat 17 @ 66E by 6co: 4:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
King411:

@ 6co,was mnet stars really showing?i mean did u watch it yourself?
affirmative in person. with the $ on it. just mstars alone. upper friday till all of it red sunday night.
Satellite TV Technology / Re: New Satellite Intelsat 17 @ 66E by 6co: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2011
this tp 11556h20129 on my stb is completely red the whole week, are they off or servicing. mstar alone was rocking there the whole of last weekend (fri-sun, then went red since sunday night rain). can any good guy confirm. (why i ask is because the mindset channels are green).
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by 6co: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2011
Ilish:

@ALL,it is now true that D***S are making people lazy.The spirit of FTA died the moment those devices crossed the Indian Ocean than the voyage of FTA died.What next folks?
i beg make sks give us our fta life back o - people don go on vacation from the forum. i know the people it hurts are working frantically, we will soon see,
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Www.psat.tv On Ew3a by 6co: 1:59pm On Jun 16, 2011
shocked
ultrasat:

If you want to watch it and other channels! <over 500channels>, let me know!
ultrasat, let me in frankoko@myfastmail.com
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here by 6co: 6:07pm On May 18, 2011
adedayo101:

@ALL fairly new wiztech mpeg4 decoder(for multitv&other fta channels) wit blindscan &usb for sale @8k
have interest if its still available. call 08020635009
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by 6co: 5:10pm On May 06, 2011
happy to join the family. well done to the long-timers and newbies.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.